A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Custom Order Question

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Default Custom Order Question

Has anyone here in the US been able to add anything to a custom build that isn't offered on the USA website? I am browsing the UK website and found these bad boys! I know we can't have anything that doesn't comply with US regulations like Matrix LEDs. But I can't see why the steering wheel and seats can't be added. It's small things like that that makes me wonder if they will be options for the 2018 Audi A4, I would wait if I knew these options where coming next year or even later on this year. Too expensive to add on an already built car.

Old 06-29-2016, 06:48 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 244 Likes on 188 Posts

Possibly later in the model year, the B8 or B8.5 got full S-line interior at some point. besides that the only option is to source it from Europe and get it installed here.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

You got two options:
1. Wait for the availability of the S-Line package for the US Market. If you go to the Audi Canada website, you can configure a B9 A4 with the S-Line package which includes these things:
19" 5-V-spoke design wheels with titanium finish
255/35 R19 performance tires
Sport suspension
Front sports seats
Black interior headliner
Stainless steel pedals
Brushed aluminum inlays
Flat-bottomed 3-spoke multifunction steering wheel
S line exterior
Passenger lumbar support
Sport seats with leather seating surfaces
S line door sills

2. Order and buy your B9 from an Audi dealer in Canada. With the strength of the US$ over the CAN$, I believe you should be able to get a good deal even if you have put some work to bring it into the US.
Old 06-29-2016, 07:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

A Canadian Audi is not street legal in the US (no mph tachometer and other stuff), so that might not be an option.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I reached out to Audi and will share what they tell me. I'm sure they aren't going to tell me much. My next option is talking to a dealership and seeing what they say.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
A Canadian Audi is not street legal in the US (no mph tachometer and other stuff), so that might not be an option.
You are correct, if the OP is considering a B9 A4 with the analog speedo/tach gauge cluster.

I am not sure if there is a way to set the Virtual Cockpit (if the OP is planning to pick that option) to display MPH. Maybe a current B9 A4 owner can chime in on this matter. It will be stupid if Audi didn't do this.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:45 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 10 Likes on 4 Posts

Most luxury car makers in Canada will make you sign a non-export clause for a one year period on a new vehicule. Double check this before putting to much effort into buying a new car in Canada in the hope of brining it back to the US. There are also all kinds of inspection fees required before you can put a plate on in the US.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:51 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Oh, no AudiConnect/GoogleEarth/etc. either in Canadian Audis. And most likely no warranty, at least not without hassle.
Old 06-29-2016, 09:58 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by AudiA4B6US
Oh, no AudiConnect/GoogleEarth/etc. either in Canadian Audis. And most likely no warranty, at least not without hassle.
I believe I read somewhere that B9 A4's in Canada have the SIM slot for Audi Connect. The service is not yet available in Canada but Audi expects to provide it soon. See thread in another forum: Sim card in Canadian Audi

The big question mark is whether an Audi dealer needs to enable the SIM or if the SIM slot is already enabled and just waiting for a SIM.
Old 06-29-2016, 11:46 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by plat27265
You are correct, if the OP is considering a B9 A4 with the analog speedo/tach gauge cluster.

I am not sure if there is a way to set the Virtual Cockpit (if the OP is planning to pick that option) to display MPH. Maybe a current B9 A4 owner can chime in on this matter. It will be stupid if Audi didn't do this.

You can change; distance to mph from km

same with temp...

Quick Reply: Custom Order Question