Old 02-22-2017, 04:46 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Yall have so many options. I have 2
Old 02-22-2017, 04:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JD15
I'm not a fan of the Audi dealership with a name that rhymes with Audi Drano.
Ha. That's what I was thinking as well, although it is a little closer to me that Audi "allasday".
Old 02-22-2017, 04:56 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by dseag2
It might be worth the wait, if you can wait that long.
Given the choices I think I'm going to try Audi Dallas. Through a random deal I ended up purchasing from a dealership outside of Chicago, but the one visit I had to Audi Dallas pre-buy was much more pleasant that what I experienced at Audi Plano. Unfortunately I can't wait as I'm getting the SOS malfunction error that is annoying and I'd like to buy Audi Care.

Really appreciate all of the response, very helpful forum.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:02 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Audi Plano has gone way downhill, can't schedule service until 2-3 weeks out, and they are always out of loaners.
Old 02-22-2017, 04:42 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by bengtc
Audi Plano has gone way downhill, can't schedule service until 2-3 weeks out, and they are always out of loaners.
Wow, those yelp reviews are brutal.
Old 02-22-2017, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Between Yelp and here I've seen a lot of complaints about Audi Plano. Unfortunately I've been checking the inventories frequently for a month and it's the only dealership of the four that ever has Prestige models. I guess I'll buy from there and if I don't like the service drive further away for service.
Old 02-22-2017, 06:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I really think it has to do with the explosive growth in Plano (even Toyota moved their headquarters there from So Cal) and the fact that they are probably selling so many cars their service department can't keep up with the demand. Dallas is a bit more controlled in the influx of new residents because there aren't as many new builds available.

So many people who work in Dallas move to the suburbs in Plano (or Frisco) and commute because they can buy 6,000 square foot houses there a lot cheaper than they can in Dallas. Also, everything is new there, so that appeals to them. Just check out the Tollway during rush hour. Everybody is going north to Plano like lemmings. :-)

Last edited by dseag2; 02-22-2017 at 06:53 PM.
Old 02-22-2017, 08:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeffj2h
Between Yelp and here I've seen a lot of complaints about Audi Plano. Unfortunately I've been checking the inventories frequently for a month and it's the only dealership of the four that ever has Prestige models. I guess I'll buy from there and if I don't like the service drive further away for service.
There are a couple up in Oklahoma City if you are interested, and a it's a one plate state to boot.
Old 03-04-2017, 08:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Default The verdict is in

I custom ordered an A4 today(!) I contacted all 4 DFW dealerships. Two were professional and two were not. See if your can guess before reading further.

The adventure started yesterday. I walked into Audi Plano and test drove an A4. Sales person was very friendly and knowledgeable. Then we sat down to try to find a car with specs I wanted. I tried to be flexible on color and whether it had Quattro for example, but after an hour of him searching the USA we did not find enough of a match that I was happy. At this point I started asking about a custom order and all the enthusiasm drained out of the sales person. He had someone else come over and dryly explained I might want custom. Then my sales guy just walked away (after 15 min or so he did come back). New guy didn't even introduce himself. I told him my specs and he calculated the MSRP. Then he tried talking me into an A6. It was obvious neither sales person wanted me to custom order. They wanted to sell something non custom, even if they needed to get it from another dealership. I ran out of time and had to leave.

That night I emailed my sales person and asked for an email quote of the custom order we had verbally discussed. He never replied.

This morning I emailed the other 3 dealerships, listed my specs, and gave my cell. Two quickly called me: Audi Ft. Worth and Audi Dallas. Both were professional. Each tried searching the USA but admitted for a Prestige I was probably going to have to custom order. Both emailed me a quote, one including a discount.

Then DFW Audi emailed me. This persons email said I'd probably have to custom order and asked me to come in to talk. I called her and asked her to email me a quote. Then the bizzareness started. She said "Arn't you already working with our sales guy Joe Blow?" I say that no, she is the first person I've spoken with. She says "yeah, Joe left me a note. Says you were asking about an A4, then an S5, then said you were not interested." I say she must be confusing me with someone else, and point out I have a very common name. Her tone throughout this exchange seemed to imply I was lying. I calmly asked if she would email me a quote. She asks me to come in (an hour drive) to discuss it. Then she also mentions she's not even a sales person. She's a receptionist! So I say ok fine can I talk with a sales person so I can get a quote. She says "I'm going to have my manager call you." She can't give me a name because she does not know which manager will call. She still seems to think I'm lying about not already having a sales person, or thinks I'm some kind of troublemaker that stalks Audi dealerships. But I calmly ask if she wants my cell. "Well I already have 3 numbers for you." And she starts listing phone numbers that are not mine. I say "wait, see that's not even my correct area code. Your' re obviously confusing me with someone else." I give her my number and nobody ever calls back. Geez.

I negotiated between the two professional dealerships, drove to Audi Dallas and placed my order. While there I saw on a screen that they had 5 people in their lead database with my name

It's amazing some dealerships simply will not accept "yes" for an answer. They basically ran me off.

But I'm happy and can recommend either Audi Dallas or Audi Ft. Worth.

Last edited by jeffj2h; 03-04-2017 at 08:40 PM.
Old 03-05-2017, 07:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jeffj2h
I custom ordered an A4 today(!) I contacted all 4 DFW dealerships. Two were professional and two were not. See if your can guess before reading further. ...

But I'm happy and can recommend either Audi Dallas or Audi Ft. Worth.
Congrats on your order! I had the same experience at Audi Plano, where the air left the conversation. I consider myself lucky to have found the Floret Silver I wanted because I felt like I was going to have to settle for a version of gray I wasn't thrilled about.

Scheduled for service at Audi Dallas this week for the intermittent SOS issue. The website was a little wonky and although they called me back after I scheduled online to say they didn't have a loaner for that day and to reschedule for a date when one was available, at least they did call quickly. Hopefully I'll have a good experience around an issue that is apparently difficult to diagnose.

Thanks again for the opinion.

Quick Reply: Dealer recommendation in DFW?