A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Did anyone else receive a remote Nav update?

Search this Thread

Old 01-16-2017, 06:20 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts
Default Did anyone else receive a remote Nav update?

I was driving along with the sound system on and the screen was replaced by a message asking if I wanted to update my Nav. I clicked "Yes" and received a message that the updates had been made. I'm in Dallas, TX. Maybe it was just for my region? In any case, I thought it was pretty cool that Audi was updating remotely.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Yes, I received the notification earlier this week and applied the update.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 102 Likes on 86 Posts

It was discussed in another thread. If you have Audi connect, you have two options for the Map update: over the air or download from my Audi. You actually can choose several regions if you are updating over the air. I selected all east coast states including eastern Canada. It was 2 GB vs 400 MB just my region. You can download full North America package which is more than 10 GB via my Audi. The download speed is apperantly limited to ~300 kBit/sec both route so is quite slow.
Old 01-16-2017, 06:43 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 27 Likes on 25 Posts

Interesting. I got the message too, but it only let me update my State and the the next one over. It said I could update more areas but had to go to the web site to do so. I did go t the web site and updated the whole thing.
Old 01-16-2017, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Mine didn't have any pop ups pop up. I checked online and updated it after downloading it onto my computer. I could've done it via the mmi too but I believe I would've been download the map for my region only.
Btw, have you noticed whether your google earth overlay has become slow post update? I noticed it again today where the overlay takes almost a minute to pop up over the standard 2D map. I hadn't noticed it being this slow before the update. Not sure whether it was because I didn't notice it before the update or whether it actually has become slow.
Old 01-17-2017, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

I got the update this weekend. I have seen no change post-update. Meh
Old 01-17-2017, 12:09 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by gguy
Interesting. I got the message too, but it only let me update my State and the the next one over. It said I could update more areas but had to go to the web site to do so. I did go t the web site and updated the whole thing.
Same here. I ran the in-car update and it included just my region (Illinois and a couple of surrounding states). The "Complete Package" downloaded to an SD card or USB drive includes everything.
Old 01-17-2017, 02:09 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 44 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by Q5 Bob
Same here. I ran the in-car update and it included just my region (Illinois and a couple of surrounding states). The "Complete Package" downloaded to an SD card or USB drive includes everything.
I'm from Illinois too. Is this a new update or is it just that you guys didn't do the update that was brought out a month or so back?
Old 01-17-2017, 04:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Uplate via sd card

Did anybody have success with the SD map uodate. Canadian a4 so I don't have audi connect OTA updates. Tried downloading the maps manually via the website and moved the conent over to the SD card.
When I insert the SD card now nothing happens. What are the update steps.
Old 01-17-2017, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 49 Likes on 34 Posts

I have not gotten any pop ups for NAV updates.

Quick Reply: Did anyone else receive a remote Nav update?