A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Has anyone received any useful info about the sales hold?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2017, 08:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Has anyone received any useful info about the sales hold?

My Prestige A4 with manual transmission left Emden on Jan 3 so things are looking up, but the order status still shows a sales hold on the car. I know that some cars are being held up for transmission replacement, but those were automatics so they shouldn't apply to me. The only other issue I'm aware of is related to brake pads which might not be available for an extended time, so that means scary things in terms of delivery date. Or it could be some marketing thing, a total guess would be to coordinate the availability of the manual A4's.

My salesman says he doesn't know anything which is totally believable based on his lack of knowledge on almost everything else.

Does anyone have any info/rumors on what's going on?
Old 01-06-2017, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My car hit Houston yesterday and has a sales hold. The frustrating part for me is not knowing what the recall is that they are 'fixing' and having no ETA on the car. To this point Audi has provided fairly accurate ETA's for every stage of delivery but now all I know is anywhere from 2 weeks to many months. Car was ordered 10/1 so we are already over the 3 month delivery estimate
Old 01-06-2017, 11:31 AM
AudiWorld Member

Just told my wife the news about the sales hold and she is thinking we should give up and look for a different (non-Audi) car. It is just so sketchy that they are all held at port to fix this mysterious issue without letting anyone know what it is or the timeframe for delivery.
Old 01-06-2017, 12:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 139 Likes on 102 Posts

So I spoke to one of the salespeople I used to work with to get information based on these threads. He said they dont have anything about a stop sale or hold on the cars. A4's are arriving daily. They havent gotten any manual A4's in yet so not sure if its specifically that model but he said they also dont have any on order.
Old 01-06-2017, 03:32 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by HyperS4
So I spoke to one of the salespeople I used to work with to get information based on these threads. He said they dont have anything about a stop sale or hold on the cars. A4's are arriving daily. They havent gotten any manual A4's in yet so not sure if its specifically that model but he said they also dont have any on order.
Almost all of my A4s at port are on hold. The only ones getting by are Ultra models and ones that have been at port for a while that Audi holds there and then later distributes to dealers. If your friend works for a high volume dealer, he is likely getting those A4s.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by SYMAWD
Almost all of my A4s at port are on hold. The only ones getting by are Ultra models and ones that have been at port for a while that Audi holds there and then later distributes to dealers. If your friend works for a high volume dealer, he is likely getting those A4s.
Have anyone told you what the hold is for? If so, can you share it with us? Inquiring minds want to know.
Old 01-06-2017, 05:58 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 234 Likes on 171 Posts

Originally Posted by cruiserchuck
Have anyone told you what the hold is for? If so, can you share it with us? Inquiring minds want to know.
No idea
Old 01-06-2017, 06:27 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Quattro prestige automatic has been in Houston for over 3 weeks (I ordered 4 months ago). My dealer has tried to keep in touch with me but he's not getting any answers. He's saying he's not hearing back from his Audi Area Rep. This will be my first Audi and so far I'm not impressed with their communication skills.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

It seems like Audi is doing a good job of keeping a lid on what's going on. With an important new car like the A4, you'd think there would have been something in the automotive press by now.
Old 01-06-2017, 06:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's one thing to keep a lid on what's going on, it's another to have a long time Audi fan think about walking away from a custom build because he needs a car and can't wait indefinitely with no explanation or end in sight.

Quick Reply: Has anyone received any useful info about the sales hold?