A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Rats

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2017, 04:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife's SUV, in front of here work company, years ago, lasted months...
The squirrels were repeatedly putting nest below the hood and chewing up all around. Sometimes I remember cleaning out a half garbage bag of dirt from the engine bay...100 cars on the parking lot, she was moving the SUV around but these critters were coming back to a same car, to a known smell.
She placed a complain to bosses and here company called an other company what treated all the cars the entire parking full of cars....
We replaced that SUV soon after...
Old 02-25-2017, 03:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I have had a recent problem with field mice making a nest in my trunk. I have a nice blanket in the trunk and and they made a comfortable nest, but did not make a mess.
We tried placing clothes dryer sheets in the trunk, supposedly they hate the smell, but that proved to be BS. We do now have the nicest smelling trunk in town but so what.
Mouse traps are really the only thing that will help, I caught 10 mice in one week.
They are gone now, but as a joke and to send something funny to my children I placed a sign on the trunk which said - no kidding - " This trunk is for rent. It comes equipt with tools and a comfortable blanket, Boar's head cheese, all you can eat. I will be back in the morning to collect the rent, IF YOU SURVIVE THROUGH THE NIGHT !!!!
Attached Thumbnails Rats-cimg0802.jpg  
Old 10-18-2018, 03:14 PM
Former Vendor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello from Rid-A-Rat!
Are you having issues with rats chewing on your expensive wires?? We have a solution for that very problem. We have created a device which after being installed, will keep any kind of chewing critter out of your engine area. You simply read the directions and install!
The product is guaranteed money back with no questions asked! Why not give us a call- 480-488-6820 or check out our web page at Rid-A-Rat.com.
Old 10-18-2018, 04:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

A bit off-topic, but some years back I had a 2002 Altima only about a year old and it overheated while driving on the NYS Thruway. I had to be towed to the Nissan dealer in Kingston NY and it turned out a porcupine had chewed through and eaten heater hoses causing all the coolant to be pumped out as I drove. I had been visiting a friend in the Catskills and when I told him he said they do that all the time. They must have gotten me the one night I was parked on his driveway. He told me neighbors knew never to leave sneakers or anything with rubber on the out on the deck because these critters eat and love rubber. He apologized for not telling me beforehand, but at that time there had not been any Porcupine attacks in his area for so long he thought I'd be OK.