A4 (B9 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the B9 Audi A4 2017-

Squeaks, rattles, problems...

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2016, 02:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Squeaks, rattles, problems...

Getting ready to take delivery of my A4. Since the car has now been out about 6 months, how has the car been for you in regards to the above topic? Also, if there have been problems, how did the dealer take care of the problem? I am very picky...have had Audis, BMWs and Lexus brands in the past. My experience has been that the Lexus has the best quality and virtually no rattles or problems. BMW probably the worst. Have not had an Audi in over 10 years, but I hear their quality has improved recently. Thanks!
Old 08-24-2016, 06:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Consumer Reports rated Audi first in quality now, above even Lexus. I've been driving a Lexus the last 11 years.

With that said, I've only had my Audi a month, but so far, no squeaks or rattles to be heard.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I've had my A4 since June and haven't had any noises so far. It is the quietest vehicle I've driven, but I'm sure your opinion will be more based on what you're used to. I'm coming from an F150, so not too hard to be quieter. However, my wife had a Lexus RX330 and now a Jeep Grand Cherokee and my A4 is much quieter than either of those, but again, those are SUVs.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:47 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have also had my '17 A4 for about a month and the cabin is very quiet with no squeaks or rattles to be heard.
Old 08-24-2016, 02:58 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Squeak in Steering Column

I had some service done about a week after I took delivery of my A4 B9 Premium, and since then there's an audible squeak coming from the steering column. It only happens when I'm turning the wheel at a stop (and no guys, it's not the tires, I promise you). It basically sounds like rubber making contact with plastic/rubber.

The service they did was to replace the instrument cluster. There was some malfunction with it where all of the warnings lights were on all of the time. I chose to take delivery and bring it back because it was the only one they had on the lot. I'm guessing when they re-assembled the dash, something didn't line up exactly the same like a rubber gasket or something. It's not irritating enough that I'm ready to take it back in yet :P
Old 08-24-2016, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

I bought my car in the beginning of July. So far, no squeaks or rattles. It's very quiet.
Old 08-24-2016, 06:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 81 Likes on 61 Posts

I owned a '13 Lexus GS F Sport prior to trading for my '15 S5 Coupe. The Lexus had more rattles than my S5. My S5 has no rattles. With the GS, I used to have to buckle the passenger side seatbelt (even when no one was sitting in the seat) to eliminate the rattle. Also, there was a glove box rattle that came and went intermittently. Honestly, the S5 feels more rock solid.
Old 08-24-2016, 10:26 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

You should be in pretty good shape with the rattles. Audis have really stepped up their quality within the last five years.
My eight and a half year old IS250 has been pretty quiet, with only one squeak below the glove box that comes and goes when cold. Otherwise, I think Lexus is known for quiet and squeak-free interiors (from what I've read). I've been quite impressed with mine and I was quite impressed with my former A4.
Old 08-25-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 30 Likes on 14 Posts

I have had mine since May. It is the quietest car I have ever owned.
Old 08-25-2016, 02:05 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for all your responses. Just got the call...picking the car up tomorrow at high noon!

Quick Reply: Squeaks, rattles, problems...