Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 A6 3.0T Potential Owner Inquiry/Question(s)

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2015, 06:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
Maverick61: fantastic colour, i love it. Any shots of the rear?
Here's a 360* view of a red A6 P+. Garnet red is at the top of my color list too and this listing has a bunch of good representative shots.

2013 Audi A6 - Chantilly, VA
Old 07-07-2015, 06:32 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Boring Seattle owner here. 2012 A6 3.0T. Love the car. Have owned a number of expensive cars over the years and this may be the best, all round car I've ever experienced. Excellent balance of ride quality and cornering. Perfect engine noise. Reasonably quiet tires but hold well. Great mileage. No issues.

Let the dealer do a couple of free recalls/updates (thank you very much). Between CPO and an extended warranty, it's covered through 2019.

Not sure if I've ever heard the cause/solution to some cars' oil consumption. Unless there is something specific, I've wondered if we do so much town driving that the rings on some cars just never had a chance to seat. Bought a new motorcycle last week (Moto Guzzi) and have been taking care that during the engine break-in, that the rings get seated properly.

YMMV

Good luck.
Old 07-08-2015, 02:34 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
That is a nice color and I was strongly considering it before I ordered. How is it for showing dirt? The reason I went with Quartz Gray was it doesn't show the crud as quickly as most dark or light colors.
I had almost the same color many years ago on a Trans Am and really liked it.
Thanks. Actually is very good at not showing the dirt. Now you know I have a coating on it, so I think that helps, but it rarely looks dirty. I can go several weeks between washes and it still looks good. Only exception is winter and salt - the white on the red is quite noticeable
Old 07-08-2015, 04:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by James517
Boring Seattle owner here. 2012 A6 3.0T. Love the car. Have owned a number of expensive cars over the years and this may be the best, all round car I've ever experienced. Excellent balance of ride quality and cornering. Perfect engine noise. Reasonably quiet tires but hold well. Great mileage. No issues.

Let the dealer do a couple of free recalls/updates (thank you very much). Between CPO and an extended warranty, it's covered through 2019.

Not sure if I've ever heard the cause/solution to some cars' oil consumption. Unless there is something specific, I've wondered if we do so much town driving that the rings on some cars just never had a chance to seat. Bought a new motorcycle last week (Moto Guzzi) and have been taking care that during the engine break-in, that the rings get seated properly.

YMMV

Good luck.
Good to hear, I suppose time will tell - I went and test drove the 2013 vehicle again and what difference between this vehicle and the e class, e class i know is faster but i am not racing the car. Audi is fast enough to pass folks on the highway and very zippy around the town as well.

I am going to jump in audi, finally found a vehicle with the packages i am looking for with low KM... will keep you guys posted.

Originally Posted by tenspeed
Here's a 360* view of a red A6 P+. Garnet red is at the top of my color list too and this listing has a bunch of good representative shots.

2013 Audi A6 - Chantilly, VA
Looks like it was removed... but i say another members rear of the garnet red, looks very nice with the all red tail lights.

Any vin decoder site that can show factory option on the vehicle? I have tried googling it had no luck.
Old 07-08-2015, 04:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also i checked rosstech for vagcom interface but 2012+ is not listed in the compatibility, is there a specific version i should be looking at?
Old 07-08-2015, 05:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Also i checked rosstech for vagcom interface but 2012+ is not listed in the compatibility, is there a specific version i should be looking at?
HEX-USB-CAN

Ross-Tech Store: VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Unlimted VIN (All VAG)

Will work with just about any Audi/VW after 1995 and a PC laptop with USB port.
Old 07-08-2015, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
HEX-USB-CAN

Ross-Tech Store: VCDS License with HEX-USB+CAN Unlimted VIN (All VAG)

Will work with just about any Audi/VW after 1995 and a PC laptop with USB port.
thanks!

Should work on my mkivs as well so i can finally see what the CEL is all about.
Old 07-08-2015, 07:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Is Stop & Go standard feature in MY2012 and MY2013? From my option sheet it lists stop & go as part of drivers assistance package but i experienced the feature on car with no such package.

thanks
Old 07-29-2015, 09:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

thanks to all! got a 2012 garnet red!!!!! I join Maverick61 in the garnet red world... i cannot believe i found this colour as they were handful sold here.

Garnet Red Premium Plus w S-Line (equivalent to prestige in canada), Nougat red interior with dark ash wood, led head headlights, Vision Package, LED Headlights, Bang & Olufsen.

Will pick up friday and try to take some pics to show it off.

I never thought i could get this colour and interior combo as most vehicles here seem to have aluminium inside.
Old 07-30-2015, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Is Stop & Go standard feature in MY2012 and MY2013? From my option sheet it lists stop & go as part of drivers assistance package but i experienced the feature on car with no such package.

thanks
In the U.S., Stop/Start is standard on all C7s beginning with MY2013. ROW has had it for longer.

Quick Reply: 2012 A6 3.0T Potential Owner Inquiry/Question(s)