Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2012 P+ Shifter help, and a few other concerns.

Search this Thread

Old 06-12-2016, 08:41 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2012 P+ Shifter help, and a few other concerns.

So I just purchased a 2012 A6 P+ with sport package used from a Audi Dealership. Its not a CPO, but was in amazing condition. I tried to use the paddle shifters the other day and I could not make them work. I tried putting the car in manual mode, and tried putting it in S mode, and tried it in regular D and still could not make them work. Is there something im doing wrong? I left a message with the dealership since it was sunday today asking the manager to call me. Also i noticed that when idling it seems just slightly rough had a little... hrm... vibration? The RPM gauge stayed steady but i could feel it in the wheel. Is this normal or something i should be concerned about? The dealership said they performed the 75k maint as the car had 75,500 miles on it. Also when i lock the car the lock tone seems a lot different than my 2006 A6. My C6 A6 gave a very loud distinctive "BEEP" and my new C7 gives just a moderately audible "chirp" is this normal? Also when i have the exterior lights set to come on when i unlock the car but they do not. I know with my C6 when i unlocked it the fog lights would come on for the amount of time i set them for. Any ideas with that? I know that the car was used and not CPO, but seems like coming from the dealership they should have checked these things. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 06-13-2016, 02:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

My paddle shifters engage as soon as I touch them.

I do not have any vibration at idle.

I also came from the C6 4.2 and can confirm that the locking chirp is different.

My lights come on when I unlock the car.
Old 06-13-2016, 05:32 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Thank, so im guessing i do have a few issues to bring up with the dealership
Old 06-13-2016, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Ok, so here's a rundown. The Paddles could have been disabled by the PO or the PO replaced the steering wheel with one that had the paddles and just never got them enabled.

The lock tone is just the Chrip.

The vibration at idle I feel is normal. You are at 75k and chances are the motor mounts are a little worn (no way to know how the PO drive the car) and after the fuel rail recall, I ended up (and many others report also) that there's some vibration at idle. As long as it's not enough to rattle your fillings out of your teeth, you should be ok. Mine is at 135k and I have vibration at idle that I attribute to the motor mounts mostly.
Old 06-13-2016, 07:25 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Okay, so the paddles are deff an issue then. I Make sure to call them and see what they can do, Hopefully they will make it right and not pull the whole "well you bought it used with no warranty " card....
Old 06-13-2016, 05:38 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

also noticed the door handle lights do not come on either
Old 06-14-2016, 02:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Have you checked the MMI settings and the fuses?
Old 06-14-2016, 08:43 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Have you checked the MMI settings and the fuses?
I have.... but maybe im overlooking something int he MMI? anything i should look for?
Old 06-14-2016, 09:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

I think the handle lights only come on if the light switch is set to auto. I never have them in auto and i never get the lights come on.
Old 06-14-2016, 05:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by porksoda
I think the handle lights only come on if the light switch is set to auto. I never have them in auto and i never get the lights come on.
Ill test it tonight, thanks