Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2013 A6 3.0T Havanna Black - WHEEL COLOR HELP!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-18-2015, 06:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2013 A6 3.0T Havanna Black - WHEEL COLOR HELP!!!!

Hey! Not sure what to do with wheel color on a havanna black car...I am tossing around either black / silver, gunmetal or dark grey. Worried black will look stupid with brownish in the sunlight.

I plan on dropping the car with H&R sport springs, add Beltronics STIR plus, Antilaser Priority w/mirror display, AWE exhaust, de-badge and add supercharged logo on rear, darker window tint, red caliper paint and RS pedals. Attached is a rendering from 3Dtuning.com...great site...try it out. Let me know what you guys think of my rendering!

Tuning concept 1 w/OZ wheels

Tuning Concept 2 w/stock 19" sport wheels front view

Tuning Concept 2 w/stock 19" sport wheels rear view
Old 07-19-2015, 05:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Old 07-19-2015, 09:43 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Looks wicked. But I noticed there's black optics style window trim but still has chrome trim front grille. Is that rendering faux-pas or that really what you intend?
removing Audi logo from trunk or blacking it out?
And where's the amber on front headlights? How you pulling that off cuz looks great.
Overall very very nice.

BTW, isn't rear caliper in wrong location?
Have them fix rendering = )
LOL j/k.

Last edited by IknowHuhA6; 07-19-2015 at 09:47 AM.
Old 07-19-2015, 10:19 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ya haha its a rough concept...my painting skills are not the best.. It is tough to try and replicate the havanna black. I'm going to keep some of the chrome elements that are not in the rendering (ie. window trim, chrome Audi logo on front and back). Haven't looked into deleting the amber... I want to get as close to possible to this rendering though because it would be epic...
Old 07-19-2015, 10:54 AM
AudiWorld Member

You can get euro headlights to get rid of the amber but it is like $3K. I thought the same about the chrome. You could get black tips on the AWE exhaust...
Old 07-19-2015, 10:57 AM
AudiWorld Member

You could also pick up A7 wheels from someone in the classifieds, etc. They look a lot like the wheels in the first picture. You could try plastidip and see what color you like better...
Old 07-19-2015, 01:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So many options haha...3k is just too much for amber delete...have to save that for the countermeasures ; ). I like the plastidip idea for sure. Black tips would help black the back end out. I am going to call AWE and order the quad tip and change the rear valance to fit quads. I bought a pre-tuned S5 that got crushed and totaled out (see my memorial album) by some idiot and I'm trying to get a similar look on the C7. Thanks and keep the ideas coming!

Old 07-19-2015, 07:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by mjfloyd1
You could get black tips on the AWE exhaust...
+1
Yeah I thought about the black exhaust tips too. If the goal is to black out the car completey then black exhaust tips would really Darth Vader the Car. That would be very interesting.
Old 07-19-2015, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default In my opinion...

… the Havana Black is striking - I love it and would get an A6 in either Dakota Grey or Havana Black. I think the the bright exhaust tips and grill surround call out for a brighter wheel. The burnished copper/brass color from HRE and others would make a great contrast and add a splash of sparkle. On our RS5, the Daytona Grey was bright enough to host the black wheel with the red band. I bailed on the red caliper as I like an understated look from behind the spokes. Our RS5 and latest S4 have the Black Optic Package. Once these leases are done, I will not be likely to return to the dour look of blacked out trim. I am enjoying it for now… The A6 is a big car to go all dark - it may be striking for a few months, but I'll bet you will be happier with a youth of reflectance.

Happy Motoring

Eric
Attached Images  
Old 07-20-2015, 04:17 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I absolutely love the havanna black - its a head turner. I have gotten a great deal of compliments on the color. Great advice...I was leaning in the same direction as blacking the car out might look weird in the sun with the brown tint. I will look into the HRE bronze wheels, that could look really neat. The RS5 looks awesome by the way. I miss the S5 but I actually feel it would be hard to go back after having the luxuries of the A6..I will start with the AWE, lower suspension, de-badge and darker tint and worry about the wheels and calipers last

Quick Reply: 2013 A6 3.0T Havanna Black - WHEEL COLOR HELP!!!!