Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2015, 03:40 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by cbl1
I would ask your dealer for a copy of your order status sheet from Audi. That will tell you if it has been allocated to the factory or assigned a factory date.

If you have been allocated to factory but no production date I would expect still 100 days.

If you haven't been allocated to factory yet and dealer pushes for you 120 days.

If you haven't been allocated and your dealer just lets it sit and wait. I would say January.
I'm going to keep pushing for firm answers on timeline and confirmation that the dealer has placed the order with Audi. They also said they can't sign me up for Audi notification system yet (which I guess makes sense if the order isn't with Audi). One of the things I asked when purchasing was if the dealer had available allocations, I didn't get a straight answer but I failed to pursue it, which I should have. I seriously hope I'm not waiting past November.

I wonder if I don't get a straight answer from the dealer if I can call Audi Canada and get them to help sort it out. Depending on their customer service, I could say that going in my favour and not.
Old 07-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by terrapingrad88
I hope you like your 2016 A6 better than my experience. It has been an electronic nightmare and an underwhelming experience. I hope you didn't order the harsh riding sport suspension. Good luck!
Originally Posted by KevinGary
My 2015 A6 TDI has been a wonderful car and I really enjoy the sport suspension. I am sure that the OP will enjoy his car.
Originally Posted by cbl1
I'm sure he researched, test drove and purchased the proper suspension for his needs.
I didn't drive a Sport Suspension car, but I have a sense of what I'm in for with it and willing to give it a shot based on that and on posts here.

In terms of the car being underwhelming, not sure what your expectations were going in. I took it out for two test drives and was comparing to 535d or 535i, both 2015's. I was also looking at SUVs like 2016 Ford Explorer Sport, 2015 Touareg TDI and 2014 Cayenne. Decided I don't need an SUV since wife has a CRV and prefer the A6 over the 5-series. Was also considering E-Class, but didn't bother driving it, its more for an older crowd (no offence to anybody) and I don't think I'm a MB sedan guy anyway.
Old 07-21-2015, 12:29 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just heard back from my dealer. I ordered mine in early July. They gave me a delivery date of 15 December. They give a later date because every day it is late, they take 150 off the price! They really expect me to see the car in October or November, BUT they haven't received a build date from Audi. I'm good with the December delivery anyway...good things come in time!
Old 07-21-2015, 01:51 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I would still ask for my order page from the system
Old 07-21-2015, 02:13 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered

Just got word from dealer today that I've been allocated with Audi, no production date yet.

They also told me that I can't be added to My Audi Tracker because 2016s aren't loaded into the system yet. Seems kinda lame. They will add me when available. Called Audi Canada and they say that Dealer is in the best position to help me, they can't.

Seems like a poor response from Audi Canada. I asked he rep whether 2016 A6 is listed in the tracker tool, he was reading something then said he had to double check his materials then came back with the please refer to Dealer response.
Old 08-01-2015, 08:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Though futile, I continue wringing my hands while waiting for progress on my A6 order. I ordered it June 1 and was told 120 days. "We always say 120 days to give us the maximum margin we need to meet expected delivery times." I don't get it, but my order placed in week 23 doesn't hit production in the factory until week 37. 14 weeks of zero progress—isn't there a better way?

I read earlier in this thread that the factory which builds A6's is on holiday most of August. Well, that helps explain some of the delay. Not sure why dealers aren't sharing that for orders like mine, which will be or might be affected by such common information. A couple of questions to my salesman about this lead time have yielded the same response..."Audi says we are right on time and on target to get the car to you within the 120 day window."

When I go over the math with the salesman...
• First 98 days lost to...not sure.
• Assuming they start week 37 (day 99), that leaves 21 days to build, load, ship, unload, and transfer the car to dealer, etc. for Audi to hit the 120 day deadline.

...I get the same response. "Audi says we're right on target..."

I realize the car will get here when it gets here...just gotta be a better way.

Last edited by M/M's Dad; 08-01-2015 at 08:39 PM.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Though futile, I continue wringing my hands while waiting for progress on my A6 order. I ordered it June 1 and was told 120 days. "We always say 120 days to give us the maximum margin we need to meet expected delivery times." I don't get it, but my order placed in week 23 doesn't hit production in the factory until week 37. 14 weeks of zero progress—isn't there a better way?

I read earlier in this thread that the factory which builds A6's is on holiday most of August. Well, that helps explain some of the delay. Not sure why dealers aren't sharing that for orders like mine, which will be or might be affected by such common information. A couple of questions to my salesman about this lead time have yielded the same response..."Audi says we are right on time and on target to get the car to you within the 120 day window."

When I go over the math with the salesman...
• First 98 days lost to...not sure.
• Assuming they start week 37 (day 99), that leaves 21 days to build, load, ship, unload, and transfer the car to dealer, etc. for Audi to hit the 120 day deadline.

...I get the same response. "Audi says we're right on target..."

I realize the car will get here when it gets here...just gotta be a better way.
It is possible that at the time you ordered the car that your dealer did not have an allocation and that explains the lost 14 weeks up front. It sounds like the salesperson hoodwinked you.
Old 08-02-2015, 03:22 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Unfortunately, 21 days from start of production to delivery is not likely going to happen. Once you know the production date, it takes about a week to build, 5-14 days to get to Emden and loaded on a ro-ro ship, 12-30 days to transit to a U.S. port of entry depending on where your dealer is located (you don't provide your location). Then 5-9 days at port for customs, inspection, moroni label, etc. and loaded on a truck or train. Finally 1-10 days to transit to the dealer, again depending on how far the dealer is from the port.

I agree there may be a dealer allocation issue here causing some initial delay. Your salesperson has direct access to a report showing estimated dates for the various stages and actual dates as they occur. He should be able to email you the status reports as they are updated along the way. My salesperson sent me 3 or 4 updated reports showing all the dates.
Old 08-03-2015, 05:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Sorry to hear of your frustration MM Dad ... It sounds like a dealer allocation issue where they sold you a slot they didn't actually have open at the time. The EU Aug vacation schedule could also be part of the delay, but the dealer absolutely ought to give you some definite updates by now, as Snagitseven said, to where in the actual process the car is.

I know it must be frustrating but just keep in mind that the day will arrive when the keys are put in your hand and you,ll drive away from the dealer very happy with your new car, I can assure you of that!

All this hassle will then fade into a distant memory. Though for your next Audi, or ant German car ordered from the factory for that matter, shop around for dealers in your region who are higher on the totem pole of allocation.

I've gotten my last three Audis from one of the largest and most successful Audi dealers in the U.S. Audi North Scottsdale in Arizona and each one has arrived in my hands ranging from 81 to 86 days after order placement.

Their large volume of orders gives them a much larger allocation than a smaller dealer and even within a dealership, I've noticed that working with more senior top producing salesman seems to grease the wheels a bit too as they know all the tricks from swapping out allocations and speeding things up a bit for their loyal customers. Though they might not admit that publically.

Hulamau
Old 08-05-2015, 12:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Finally got the email that my order has moved into "build" status. It was dated 7/31/2015. I'm curious as to whether this will come off the assembly line prior to the August factory holiday. Progress is...well...progress.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 3.0 Just Ordered