Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 A6 BOSE questions

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2015, 09:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

does Bose stereo have subwoofer ? There is no subwoofer icon for adjustment in my audio set up so I assuming Bose doesn't have a subwoofer!
Old 12-01-2015, 09:26 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

For the 2016, it is mounted under the left side of the rear shelf. There is no separate control for it.
Old 12-01-2015, 09:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Fahrer
For the 2016, it is mounted under the left side of the rear shelf. There is no separate control for it.
So that appears to be different from pre facelift? Has anyone had experience with the pre and post Bose in an A6 and did you notice any differences?
Old 12-01-2015, 02:54 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by mjha6
Hello everyone....just picked up my 2016 A6 P+ with the Bose system a week ago. By far the best vehicle I have ever had!

As I am still getting acquainted with her, I do have a question about the sound system. I am noticing a weird distortion when I am playing music at a high level. It almost sounds like something is loose in the back or that it is just rattling the back deck of the car. And while I would expect this when playing songs with more bass (do the kids call this hip-hop?) I am noticing it when I am playing your standard rock music and the noise occurs when it is a very low tone, not necessarily when the bass hits(I have no idea how to explain this).

Settings:
Bass- a couple notches below max...still happens when it is turned down
treble- a couple notches below max
Surround- 3/4 up
Autopilot- ON
Focus- All
Balance-Middle

I haven't been able to try every source, but I typically play spotify on my phone (plugged in or through blue-tooth). Quality is set to the highest setting and I do not have any equalizers on.

I am not in the market for aftermarket equipment either as I am leasing the car and I have gone down that rabbit hole before (expensive).

Should I take this into the service department to have them check it out? Does my software need to be updated? My software end in: P0533

Thanks for any suggestions.....I may just turn off the radio completely and listen to the 3.0 engine instead!

-Michael
Sat in the back seat and played the song that initially brought attention to this question. The noise is coming from the ceiling, particularly near the plastic trim piece holding the dome light.

Not sure how to fix that without taking the whole lining off. Any suggestions would be great!
Old 12-02-2015, 03:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by mjha6
Sat in the back seat and played the song that initially brought attention to this question. The noise is coming from the ceiling, particularly near the plastic trim piece holding the dome light.

Not sure how to fix that without taking the whole lining off. Any suggestions would be great!
Dealer service department.
Old 12-15-2015, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Scheduled an appointment and it has been fixed. I believe they put some sound dampening tape on the rear dome light plastic housing.
Old 12-15-2015, 08:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Buy
Other
Stereo
Equipment

Just my thoughts!!!
Agree completely
The B&O is not that good and extremely overpriced
When I bought my 2013 A6 the base system sounded better than the BOSE
I went with the base system and upgraded to a kick *** system at a lower cost that it would have been to get the BOSE (and far less than B&O)

If you want great sound, upgrade to other stereo equipment
Old 12-16-2015, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Agree completely

+1
Old 12-16-2015, 04:12 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Agree completely
When I bought my 2013 A6 the base system sounded better than the BOSE
I went with the base system and upgraded to a kick *** system at a lower cost that it would have been to get the BOSE (and far less than B&O)

Absolutely, for a cost lower than the of the B&O you can definitely have a much better system.

Personally, I actually lucked out because I was able to reuse a good portion of my previous system and added some upgrades instead.
Old 12-21-2015, 03:07 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Settings

I have a 16 a7... Tried so many settings for the Bose.
This is what I think.. And I'm pretty picky about noise

I turn the treble all the way up, and the bass all the way up. Turn the surround completely off. Focus all. And no change on the balance
Also to go along with this it makes a huge difference to set your equalizer on rhapsody or Apple Music to rock. R&B is good too, it takes some of the kick out of crashing symbols and guitar fuzz. Which I usually like unless I have a headache.

The thing is, different songs need different setting haha. I was listening to cream the other day and definitely needed to turn the surround on. But for most songs I recommend trying it out. But if you get it just right it actually sounds excellent.

Quick Reply: 2016 A6 BOSE questions