Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 Audi A6 bluetooth and radio issues

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015, 11:55 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by bilalmunir919
Is yours A7 also 2016 model?

Yes it is. i was excited with the purchase only to be highly disappointed the next day. im paying for features that i am not able to use!
Old 06-09-2015, 04:10 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

So they fixed mine today. Looks like amplifier was the issue. They put a new one from new A6 and ordering one from Audi for that one. No sound cuts anymore. Plus everything was free as it is under warranty. Take your car to dealer asap..
Old 06-09-2015, 04:38 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by legend171717
Yes it is. i was excited with the purchase only to be highly disappointed the next day. im paying for features that i am not able to use!
So you have had these issues since March the day after delivery of your new A6, haven't taken it in to service to get it fixed under warranty but came here to express your disappointment in the car and complain? May I ask why you have you waited so long?
Old 08-24-2015, 07:22 AM
mrjlevy

Originally Posted by bilalmunir919
So they fixed mine today. Looks like amplifier was the issue. They put a new one from new A6 and ordering one from Audi for that one. No sound cuts anymore. Plus everything was free as it is under warranty. Take your car to dealer asap..
Thank you for your updates. I was hoping you can give some in depth commentary about the new MMI, Graphics, LTE speed and performance as compared to the previous gen A6's. I own (leased) a 2015 A6 and love it, but boot times for bluetooth audio are painfully long as well as google and other address searches and commands. BTW, I love my car and am very happy with and will likely lease another which is why I ask...

Thank you in advance.
Joel
Old 08-24-2015, 05:40 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by mrjlevy@hotmail.com
Thank you for your updates. I was hoping you can give some in depth commentary about the new MMI, Graphics, LTE speed and performance as compared to the previous gen A6's. I own (leased) a 2015 A6 and love it, but boot times for bluetooth audio are painfully long as well as google and other address searches and commands. BTW, I love my car and am very happy with and will likely lease another which is why I ask...

Thank you in advance.
Joel
The MMI graphics is similar or about the same from the 2012 model I had before. The LTE is nice, but not as fast as your smartphone with LTE. I assume Audi connect is throttling the data speeds. The boot time for the navi and all other functions are significantly quicker. I haven't had any Bluetooth issues as some. I guess once my Audi connect free trial finishes, I can add the car as a device to my share plan from AT&T for $10 a month. My wife and I currently share 15 GB data plan per month and we use around 9 to 11 GB per month each month. So I guess 4-5 GB left over for my car would be plenty.

Aside from a few minor issues that were corrected or dissapeared on its own, the car seems to be running well. Here's knocking on wood...
Old 09-02-2015, 07:43 AM
mrjlevy

Originally Posted by Inyoury
The MMI graphics is similar or about the same from the 2012 model I had before. The LTE is nice, but not as fast as your smartphone with LTE. I assume Audi connect is throttling the data speeds. The boot time for the navi and all other functions are significantly quicker. I haven't had any Bluetooth issues as some. I guess once my Audi connect free trial finishes, I can add the car as a device to my share plan from AT&T for $10 a month. My wife and I currently share 15 GB data plan per month and we use around 9 to 11 GB per month each month. So I guess 4-5 GB left over for my car would be plenty.

Aside from a few minor issues that were corrected or dissapeared on its own, the car seems to be running well. Here's knocking on wood...
Thanks for the details, very helpful. Disappointing to hear about LTE speeds, though I wasn't aware you could go with another carrier besides T-Mobile? Good news on the faster speeds elsewhere. Cheers, Joel
Old 09-02-2015, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by mrjlevy@hotmail.com
Thanks for the details, very helpful. Disappointing to hear about LTE speeds, though I wasn't aware you could go with another carrier besides T-Mobile? Good news on the faster speeds elsewhere. Cheers, Joel
Just some advice...using your email address as your user name on a public forum is an open invitation to gobs of junk mail coming your way - 'bots scour sites like this for email addresses to sell to marketers. Since you are new anyway, you might want to close your AW account and start a new one with a usable name.
Old 01-10-2016, 05:36 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Add Two More Very Unhappy New Audi Owners!

My husband and I just purchased - two days apart - a 2016 Audi Q3 and Audi Q5. We are having the same problems. BlueTooth either starts and stops every few seconds, or no sound at all. Trying to stream Pandora...what a frustrating nightmare. We have tried every possible configuration with the Media. Nothing works. We just spent a ton of $$$ on two beautiful new cars - and cannot enjoy any music.
WTF???
Old 01-10-2016, 06:42 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Assuming your phones are compatible with the cars, there are a couple of simple things you could try before taking the cars in to the dealer. Nothing to lose and you might get lucky.

- Unpair and re-pair your phones. Sometimes the car doesn't get the bluetooth connection right the first time.

- Reboot the MMI (simultaneously briefly press Menu+center control wheel+upper right function button). This can often resolve glitches.

- After pairing, try hard rebooting the phone while it's connected to the car's bluetooth.

None of these things are destructive - your other car settings will be untouched.
Old 01-11-2016, 08:40 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Assuming your phones are compatible with the cars, there are a couple of simple things you could try before taking the cars in to the dealer. Nothing to lose and you might get lucky.

- Unpair and re-pair your phones. Sometimes the car doesn't get the bluetooth connection right the first time.

- Reboot the MMI (simultaneously briefly press Menu+center control wheel+upper right function button). This can often resolve glitches.

- After pairing, try hard rebooting the phone while it's connected to the car's bluetooth.

None of these things are destructive - your other car settings will be untouched.
Thanks for the suggestions. I will try later today and report back in!

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A6 bluetooth and radio issues