Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

2016 Audi A6 - fog lights

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2016, 11:49 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2016 Audi A6 - fog lights

Hi all,
I am new to this thread and i am a new Audi owner. I have driven Japanese cars all my life and after recently getting married the wife wanted something more " sophisticated " so here we are.

so i have a 2016 A6 Premium plus, in white with 19 inch Y spoke wheels.
I live in New York and close to the water. For the winter month i like to add some fog lights. for example:
2016 Audi S6 and A6 first-drive ? Autobahn blitz - SlashGear

I know they are on the S6, can i put them on my A6.
Where do i get them? Is installation easy?
Appreciate the help and thank you in advance.

Tan
Old 01-03-2016, 02:57 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 14 Likes on 12 Posts

Those are not fog lights in the link you provided - those are sensors for adaptive cruise control. Front fog lights are not standard or optional on the A6/S6.

Check out this link to an aftermarket install:

Car transformed !!!!!!!!

Last edited by audi40; 01-03-2016 at 03:00 AM.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

My 2016 does not have fog lights but it does have what Audi refers to as poor weather lights. When the button is pressed, you get additional lighting to the sides which might be helpful at low speeds. Real fog lights are really not that useful and are good only for speeds below 25 mph. They are on cars today purely for fashion. Rear fog lights, on the other hand, can be useful on the highway at night in heavy rain or fog. Unfortunately, too many idiots have these on at night in good weather or even during the day.
Old 01-03-2016, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by 300ZXturboXX
Hi all,
I am new to this thread and i am a new Audi owner. I have driven Japanese cars all my life and after recently getting married the wife wanted something more " sophisticated " so here we are.

I live in New York and close to the water. For the winter month i like to add some fog lights. for example:

Tan
Those aren't fog lights. They are sensors. Your Audi is equipped with storm lights and rear fog lights.
Old 01-03-2016, 09:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
Those aren't fog lights. They are sensors. Your Audi is equipped with storm lights and rear fog lights.
The all-weather lights really light up the side of the roadway (both sides). They are the same lights that individually serve as cornering lights when a turn signal is engaged. I live in an area with a big deer problem – they are everywhere, especially early evening which is pretty dark at this time of year. The all-weather lights make the little rascals a lot more visible along the roadways without blinding oncoming drivers as the high beams do.
The rear fog lights do help a lot in snow as well as fog.
Old 01-03-2016, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 300ZXturboXX
Hi all,

Tan
C7 A6 fog lights
Old 01-04-2016, 02:52 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Just to add mu $0.02 worth to this. On the C7 Audi only offered the front fog lights with the Halogen headlights, Xenon or LED headlights equipped cars were not available with separate fog lights in the bumper. Depending on the market (and the UK does have this) Xenon equipped cars have a halogen bulb in the headlight assembly that provides the fog light (poor weather) function and when available the cornering light, some markets just make do the the DRL for this. LED equipped cars have a specific program for the light for poor weather
Old 01-04-2016, 06:05 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

John, what program for LED headlights are you referring to? In the U.S., we have side facing, all-weather/turning lights that only come on automatically on the appropriate side when doing a turn at slow speed or they can be turned on under certain conditions by manually pressing a dash button. (They don't really offer much for "fog" conditions). Other than the fixed LED lamps offering a wide range of light, I don't notice any lighting change in poor weather conditions. Is this possibly an EU feature?
Old 01-05-2016, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 180 Likes on 160 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
John, what program for LED headlights are you referring to? In the U.S., we have side facing, all-weather/turning lights that only come on automatically on the appropriate side when doing a turn at slow speed or they can be turned on under certain conditions by manually pressing a dash button. (They don't really offer much for "fog" conditions). Other than the fixed LED lamps offering a wide range of light, I don't notice any lighting change in poor weather conditions. Is this possibly an EU feature?
As I understand it pressing the "all weather" light button on the dash activates selective LEDs within the LED Headlight array to give lighting appropriate for fog. Maybe the US version of the LEDs does not do this. I don't have the LED headlights so have no firsthand experience of how effective they are in real life, but I have also never found front fog lights of any type to be of much use
Old 01-06-2016, 04:01 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by John Simcox
Just to add mu $0.02 worth to this. On the C7 Audi only offered the front fog lights with the Halogen headlights, Xenon or LED headlights equipped cars were not available with separate fog lights in the bumper. Depending on the market (and the UK does have this) Xenon equipped cars have a halogen bulb in the headlight assembly that provides the fog light (poor weather) function and when available the cornering light, some markets just make do the the DRL for this. LED equipped cars have a specific program for the light for poor weather
With my 2016, the all weather lamps do not light when cornering at low speeds. (I have the standard Xenon headlamps)

Quick Reply: 2016 Audi A6 - fog lights