Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2016, 06:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by Mrclopec
If I had a dollar for every time I had to clarify that traffic sign recognition cannot be enabled in the USA because our cars do not possess the traffic sign "data" to be able to interpret what our traffic signs mean. It wouldn't be able to tell the difference between a sign that said 65MPH and one that said McDonald's. Enabling it wont do anything. The feature, however, will be available on the next gen A4 and Q7.
Essentially what I wrote back in post #46. Nada.
Old 02-03-2016, 11:02 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hello,

I noticed, that when I get hands off the steering wheel and when I get message that lane assist is turned off after a few seconds in instrument cluster, there is no gong sound played. I think that this gong sound must be generated by instrument cluster, so I think that it must be installed in all audis. Do you maybe know how to turn on this gong sound (there is option to select gong1 or gong2 sound in 8E channel, but it is not actualy played)?
Old 02-11-2016, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello,

I have in my car the module; 10, 16, 17, 44, 85
I have no module 8E. My car does not lead Control cruiser adaptative.

I have the camera(QK1) for Audi adaptative light. (AAL)

¿I can lane assist activate whit my hardware?
I have module 8F, I think it has nothing to do module 8E

I can install the module 8E.
it is impossible?

Regards
Old 02-21-2016, 07:14 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by divxman
Hello,

I noticed, that when I get hands off the steering wheel and when I get message that lane assist is turned off after a few seconds in instrument cluster, there is no gong sound played. I think that this gong sound must be generated by instrument cluster, so I think that it must be installed in all audis. Do you maybe know how to turn on this gong sound (there is option to select gong1 or gong2 sound in 8E channel, but it is not actualy played)?
Hi Divx.
Sorry I'm still learning the Vagcom myself. Not sure about the gong noise activation so I'll take a look over next few days to see if I can find anything obvious. But this will most likely need to be answered by someone more experienced. if you have a Vagcom unit.. i'd suggest registering on their forum and asking question there. They may ask you to post a downloaded scan to help you. This is only way I know you can probably get answer if nobody posts helpful info here.
Good Luck... sorry I could not help.

Originally Posted by 4ruedas
Hello,

it is impossible?

Regards
I would think that the 8F would work since it's a newer revision from the 8E, but I am not sure. It's very well possible the 8F could not have anything to do with ALA. All I can tell you is to follow same advice I gave above, to register on Vagcom forum and ask there to be sure.
Apologies, I only know as much as I've learned for my particular mod.
Good luck.
Old 03-01-2016, 02:59 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Hello to all you guys.

First you need to check for all installed modules and do coding described in the #10 post of this thread.
All you need to do next is to do some adaptations to the 8E Channel:

1. Access 8E-Image Processing>07 Security Access>Enter code:20103
2. Access 8E-Image Processing>10 Adaptation>Steering wheel vibraton>activated
3. Access 8E-Image Processing>10 Adaptation>Steering assistance active>activated

After that you will get yellow lane assist symbol in the instrument panel and it should turn green after the speed will exceed 60 km/h and when the street lines will be recognized and your steering wheel will start to steer/vibrate.

I am really keen to get this working as I have just traded my A4 for an A6 and the A4 had lane assist which I enjoyed.
I have not purchased a new steering column stalk and followed the procedure in post #10 and then "divxman's" instruction above. All went fine and I saw the Yellow symbol in the cluster. Then...............

I started the car to test drive and almost immediately heard a "bing" and message in cluster read - Lane assist deactivated - and yellow symbol went out.
Went back and checked all settings in VCDS. All are as per instruction except now in the last step when I try and change adaption 3.Access 8E-Image Processing>10 Adaptation>Steering assistance active>activated VCDS will not accept activated - when rereading it comes back as deactivated. No yellow symbol anymore either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix here. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Old 03-01-2016, 01:18 PM
Club AutoUnion

Received 82 Likes on 56 Posts

Hello,

I think if you access 17-Instruments and do and perform a sequential output test, the gong sound is one of the items tested.

Originally Posted by 4ruedas
Hello,

it is impossible?

Regards
Module 8E is necessary for it to work. If you do not have the image processing control module, then it will not work.

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
...I would think that the 8F would work since it's a newer revision from the 8E, but I am not sure. It's very well possible the 8F could not have anything to do with ALA. All I can tell you is to follow same advice I gave above, to register on Vagcom forum and ask there to be sure.
Apologies, I only know as much as I've learned for my particular mod.
Good luck.
8E is the gateway address of the image processing control module. You are confusing the 'E' with a part number letter designation or software version of a part in ETKA. Completely different subject.

Originally Posted by evad
I am really keen to get this working as I have just traded my A4 for an A6 and the A4 had lane assist which I enjoyed.
I have not purchased a new steering column stalk and followed the procedure in post #10 and then "divxman's" instruction above. All went fine and I saw the Yellow symbol in the cluster. Then...............

I started the car to test drive and almost immediately heard a "bing" and message in cluster read - Lane assist deactivated - and yellow symbol went out.
Went back and checked all settings in VCDS. All are as per instruction except now in the last step when I try and change adaption 3.Access 8E-Image Processing>10 Adaptation>Steering assistance active>activated VCDS will not accept activated - when rereading it comes back as deactivated. No yellow symbol anymore either.

Does anyone have any suggestions on a fix here. Any input is greatly appreciated.
Do a current autoscan and see if any modules have any DTC's stored. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the idea of permanently turning on Lane Assist via VCDS but it is possible its not happy the correct steering column lever isn't installed.
Old 03-02-2016, 12:34 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

[QUOTE=Do a current autoscan and see if any modules have any DTC's stored. I wasn't particularly thrilled with the idea of permanently turning on Lane Assist via VCDS but it is possible its not happy the correct steering column lever isn't installed.[/QUOTE]

Thank you for your input. I can confirm I now have the following codes in the 8E Address.

Address 8E: Image Processing Labels: 4G0-907-107.clb
Control Module Part Number: 4G0 907 107 D HW: 4H0 907 107
Component and/or Version: BV-SG H30 0038
Software Coding: 04C0081A0111
Work Shop Code: WSC 01234 789 00001
ASAM Dataset: EV_BC7 001001 (AU57)
ROD: EV_BC7.rod
VCID: 275703CD5EEEFD061F-8072

3 Faults Found:

0030 - Function Restriction due to Faults in Other Modules
U1113 00 [008] - -
Intermittent - Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Fault Status: 00000001
Fault Priority: 6
Fault Frequency: 1
Reset counter: 85
Mileage: 68364 km
Date: 2016.03.01
Time: 17:56:13

0146 - Function Restriction due to Faults in Other Modules
U1113 00 [008] - -
Freeze Frame:
Time: 17:36:43

0148 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Reset counter: 45
Time: 17:51:10

I have ordered a steering column lever today.
Old 03-02-2016, 07:47 AM
Club AutoUnion

Thank you for your input. I can confirm I now have the following codes in the 8E Address.

Address 8E: Image Processing Labels: 4G0-907-107.clb
Control Module Part Number: 4G0 907 107 D HW: 4H0 907 107
Component and/or Version: BV-SG H30 0038
Software Coding: 04C0081A0111
Work Shop Code: WSC 01234 789 00001
ASAM Dataset: EV_BC7 001001 (AU57)
ROD: EV_BC7.rod
VCID: 275703CD5EEEFD061F-8072

3 Faults Found:

0030 - Function Restriction due to Faults in Other Modules
U1113 00 [008] - -
Freeze Frame:
Time: 17:56:13

0146 - Function Restriction due to Faults in Other Modules
U1113 00 [008] - -
Freeze Frame:
Time: 17:36:43

0148 - Function Restricted due to Missing Message(s)
U1111 00 [009] - -
Confirmed - Tested Since Memory Clear
Freeze Frame:
Reset counter: 45
Time: 17:51:10

So, the thing about some (a lot) of the control modules in VAG vehicles is they can be somewhat (very) emotional and throw hissy fits. When another module in the car has an error, it causes that error to echo throughout other modules which in turn shut other features down. The first two errors are echoes of errors in other modules. The third error about missing messages is either due to another module not being coded correctly, not supporting ALA and not sending the required data to the 8E module, or there is another defective or missing component involved in ALA.

Can you PM me a full autoscan? You may have to cut it in half and send it in two messages.
Old 03-18-2016, 11:31 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default ALA retrofit .....done

Thanks to all on this brilliant forum & especially to Mrclopec for the assistance in this retrofit.
I installed the new stalks today (swapped over the so called "clock spring") and the job went seamlessly. No issues at all.

Next job..... try and clear a DTC in 5F module, which is not associated to this at all.
Old 03-19-2016, 04:19 PM
Club AutoUnion

Thanks to all on this brilliant forum & especially to Mrclopec for the assistance in this retrofit.
I installed the new stalks today (swapped over the so called "clock spring") and the job went seamlessly. No issues at all.

Next job..... try and clear a DTC in 5F module, which is not associated to this at all.
My guess is you tried to enable MKE in the green menu. Go back in and disable it. Error should go away.

Quick Reply: A6 Active Lane Assist Retrofit