Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

A6/S6 Owners w/Coilovers Come Inside

Search this Thread

Old 12-19-2014, 06:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default A6/S6 Owners w/Coilovers Come Inside

Vossen are due in next Tuesday. Plan to slap them on before the even get comfortable in my garage.

Dilemma: Which coilovers?

Of course, if money were no object, I would be all over a set of KW V2 or V3! However, this is not the case.

Need help convincing myself to at least step up to the H&R Street Performance Coilovers instead of the less expensive STs. In my shopping, I have seen a $375 difference in price between the H&R and the STs.

1. Why not save the dough and get the STs?

2. Has anyone seen the H&R for less than $1126 (AWE Tuning advertised price)? The less price gap, the more inclined I may be to spring for the H&R.

3. Any real drawbacks in going with the ST? I know some may argue that you get what you pay for...but are they really that inferior to the H&R and KW?
Old 12-20-2014, 04:12 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have the H&R streets and like them. I am pretty low, tucking just a tinny little bit front and rear. One thing to note is that the rears will force you to be pretty low no matter what, as even at the highest adjustment you will be pretty darn low. Not sure why the rears are like that, as the fronts or not, but just know it going into it that you are not going to drop just a little bit

throw on some 15mm-17mm spacers front and rear, and it looks pretty sick
Attached Images  
Old 12-20-2014, 05:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MikeDwerks
I have the H&R streets and like them. I am pretty low, tucking just a tinny little bit front and rear. One thing to note is that the rears will force you to be pretty low no matter what, as even at the highest adjustment you will be pretty darn low. Not sure why the rears are like that, as the fronts or not, but just know it going into it that you are not going to drop just a little bit

throw on some 15mm-17mm spacers front and rear, and it looks pretty sick
Very nice! How is the ride? Many say the H&R are a bit stiff/harsh????
Old 12-21-2014, 05:03 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by audijess1972
Very nice! How is the ride? Many say the H&R are a bit stiff/harsh????
They are coil overs and the car is low, so I am not going to pretend it's like stock, but outside of harsh roads they ride really well. be impossible to compare to the other brands unless I had them installed on this same car. But I have had enough different suspensions on different cars over the years to know what is bad and what is good, and the ride with these is on the good side.
Old 12-21-2014, 06:31 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by MikeDwerks
They are coil overs and the car is low, so I am not going to pretend it's like stock, but outside of harsh roads they ride really well. be impossible to compare to the other brands unless I had them installed on this same car. But I have had enough different suspensions on different cars over the years to know what is bad and what is good, and the ride with these is on the good side.
Thanks for the feedback!