Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

All I can say is WOW!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2016, 12:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by audi bug
BTW,
Your trip didn't happen without some beautiful pictures!
Unfortunately they're all on the Mrs phone so until she offloads them to the LAN I won't have access to them. I won't hold my breath on this happening anytime soon....
Old 07-20-2016, 12:21 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DanfZX14
Guess you got your answer
Mmm...That didn't take long.
Old 07-20-2016, 12:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts

We took our 2016 TDI on a 4100 mile drive. Best car we have done this drive with and cant beat the 41 MPG on the trip.
Old 07-20-2016, 01:25 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Davor_
I drove Minneapolis to Chicago a few times in my Audi and in my other car and there is no comparison A6 is a highway car with great gas mileage at "high" speeds and incredible stability.
The only thing that i don't like about the car are the seats, still cant understand how can my Ford Edge (BASE) have "better" (more comfortable) seats I am 6.7 and 250 pounds but still....
Is the seat comfort a deal breaker? If they aren't comfortable for you now, they're probably not going to get any better.
Old 07-20-2016, 03:29 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 887 Likes on 726 Posts

The A6 is a great highway driver. I did 823 miles on a single tank!
Old 07-20-2016, 03:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 62 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by ByByBMW
We took our 2016 TDI on a 4100 mile drive. Best car we have done this drive with and cant beat the 41 MPG on the trip.
yes, mileage continues to make me smile......drove from Cleveland to Winson-Salem over the July 4th weekend and fuel gauge at halfway point. Calculated 42.3 at the pump; not bad considering going 80+, AC on and up/down hills. Same mileage on the way back. While Audi's calculated mileage is slightly overstated, discussed elsewhere in this forum (recent picture below) 37 MPG over the life of my daily driver is amazing; note that I have traveled 454 miles with a calculated 335 to go....I know, I know wait until dieselgate 'remedies' fix this. Yes, ashamed of the dust on the instrument cluster...

Old 07-20-2016, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Mmm...That didn't take long.
hahaha thats funny , thought the same thing
Old 07-20-2016, 07:41 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
It's nice for a change to see a thread with positive comments and no gripes, complaints, bellyaching or nitpicking. Let's see how long that holds up.
For the record... I absolutely love my A6 prestige. No BMW or Mercedez could ever detract from it. Never in my wildest dreams imagined having the privilege of owning such an amazing vehicle with incredible technological advancements. Although currently testing out stiffer aftermarket Koni shocks but the stock are so nice and smooooooooth.

My mods aren't because the car is lacking... but just my personal drive to always want to tinker with things and succeed in challenges while exploring possibilities.

The A6 is amazing and my personal favorite over A4/A5/A7/A8/R8.
To me it's the best of all worlds of performance, style, roomyness, technology options, ride quality, and upgradability of both performance and features.

Nobody Panic!!..Just my opinion.
Old 07-21-2016, 04:48 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

We bought our A6 just a few weeks ago and it has exceeded expectations. It's the perfect size for us and as others have said, just eats up the miles on the highway. The ride/handling is great for a car of its size. As expected, the interior is a great place to spend time. Very nice.

It was an impulse purchase. We were looking for a replacement for our Q5 (1st Audi) and looking at most of the competitive CUV's when the A6 caught our eye while cruising through the dealers lot. Long story short within a few days the new car was in the garage.
Old 07-22-2016, 05:15 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

You guys really make me want to take the A6 on a 6 hour trip up to Maine. Was planning on the taking the wife's Q5 for the trip. Still have sometimes to decide.

Glad to hear some good experiences and enjoyment with the A6.

Quick Reply: All I can say is WOW!!!