Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Annoyed at the parking lot

Search this Thread

Old 05-21-2015, 05:35 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Parking at the end of the lot where your car is all alone by itself exponentially increases the likelihood of vandalism and break-in. You draw attention to yourself that way, plus you are parked away from activity where people won't be as likely to witness a break-in.

I tend to look for end spaces with a curb on one side, and I hug the curb as closely as possible so the car next to me can open their door all the way without touching me.
Yep - when you park so far away , all by yourself, you actually make the car more of a target.
Old 05-22-2015, 02:11 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Thank you for sharing your story. I find myself parking farther and/or in wider spots in the hopes of avoiding errant P.O.S. owners and possible dings, dents or scratches!
Old 05-22-2015, 05:21 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Is this your car - or a loaner?
If it is your car - what Pittsburgh Audi dealer?
My car had a dent from someone in a parking lot - not a car door but like they fell . It was in a difficult spot. Had my Pittsburgh Audi dealer look at it - he had their dentless repair guys look and said it could not be fixed. So they gave me an estimate of over $2000 from a "body shop that specializes in Audis". I called DentWizard - there local guy worked on the car for 2 hours - dent gone and looks as good as new - for under $180
It was a loaner and the dealer is Sewickley Audi. They only take their cars to one place who basically has all of their business since the dealer also owns Porsche and BMW. I was told this place is certified for all luxury brands and exotics. My car is being repainted in two areas since it was scratched from the truck on delivery. I know this place requires 1-2 month wait to schedule anything. And it takes 3-4 weeks to do a job on a single car. They said the A6 metallic color models have 37 layers of paint so it takes longer than most other brands. I don't know if that is true or not, but that was the excuse for the long time wait for the paint job. The good thing is, I put 1000 miles on the loaner already and not my car. I also pushed the car a bit harder than I would have on my car.

Since it was a loaner and the loaner was also brand new with 11 miles on it when they gave it to me, I didn't want anything coming back to me if they see this dent/cut on the door. So the dealer will handle everything since I got a police report and case number.

Good to know there is a DentWizard place that is very affordable for me I the future for my car and my wife's. Thanks for the info.
Old 05-22-2015, 07:37 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Inyoury
It was a loaner and the dealer is Sewickley Audi. They only take their cars to one place who basically has all of their business since the dealer also owns Porsche and BMW. I was told this place is certified for all luxury brands and exotics.
Same dealer and same story for me But it was my car, no insurance claim since I had no idea who did it, and Dent Wizard worked wonders.

I would be a bit leery about this shop they use if you ever have a non-insurance claim. They are really expensive. before getting Dentwizrd to look at it, I researched some other bodyshops - there are several very good ones well qualified to work on luxury brands who can do quality work at a better, more fair price.
Old 05-23-2015, 04:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Maverick61
Same dealer and same story for me But it was my car, no insurance claim since I had no idea who did it, and Dent Wizard worked wonders.

I would be a bit leery about this shop they use if you ever have a non-insurance claim. They are really expensive. before getting Dentwizrd to look at it, I researched some other bodyshops - there are several very good ones well qualified to work on luxury brands who can do quality work at a better, more fair price.
Great info. Thank you!