Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Is bang and olufsen worth it

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2011, 08:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks

I appreciate the feedback. I think I made the right choice. I talked to the manager at one of he better after market car audio shops, and they said it would cost 3-4k to replace Bose, and it would be much better than the BO. So now all I need is to have e car get here, and I can start worrying how I will change it.
Old 07-15-2011, 10:44 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tomagster
I appreciate the feedback. I think I made the right choice. I talked to the manager at one of he better after market car audio shops, and they said it would cost 3-4k to replace Bose, and it would be much better than the BO. So now all I need is to have e car get here, and I can start worrying how I will change it.
I'm curious what "much better than the B&O" means. Just for the sake of understanding. Since they're in the business of selling car audio equipment any good sales person would want to make the comparison in their favor. It also depends on the type of music you primarily listen to...

Personally I'd rather have it all factory and still sounding just as good.

That all being said, I love the idea of putting in a custom system as I like getting my hands dirty with music and sound equipment...
Old 07-15-2011, 11:51 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

6 grand it tomfoolery. Unless music is your life, it's not worth it. There is so much in the aftermkt that will be much cheaper and probably sound as good if not better. There is a certain novelty to having things factory original in a car, but @ $5900 this isn't one of those cases.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:52 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by basf_audio
I'm curious what "much better than the B&O" means.
+1. Heavier or punchier bass does not necessarily mean "accurate" bass...

Do get the B&O only if you listen to well recorded and mastered music and do not drive at high speeds (or are stuck in traffic a lot.) Otherwise, the road noise will destroy any benefits of the extra detail you will get from B&O.

Also, out of 1,422 C7 A6's listed on cars.com, only 1.3% have been ordered with B&O. So if you get one, you will definitely be in the exclusive crowd.
Old 07-15-2011, 12:26 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I listen to all kinds of music including rap and hip hop. I also drive about 100 miles a day back and forth to work. Most of my music is from Sirius or my IPhone. So I prefer something that would have a slightly better low end. A little driving with the windows open some old school rap turned up is enjoyable. Wife says I just can't give up being 21.
Old 07-15-2011, 11:36 PM
kmg
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by tomagster
I listen to all kinds of music including rap and hip hop. I also drive about 100 miles a day back and forth to work. Most of my music is from Sirius or my IPhone. So I prefer something that would have a slightly better low end. A little driving with the windows open some old school rap turned up is enjoyable. Wife says I just can't give up being 21.
Lol
Old 07-26-2011, 03:10 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

So mad that I got the B&O system. I think it sounds worse than my a4 with the audi multimedia system. The B&O system is a joke. Ya maybe if you like classical music and sit in your car parked its ok but it has zero kick to it and with rock or hip hop, it sounds like crap when you turn it up. I just picked up my new A6 last night and was ready to crank it. So much for that...
Old 07-26-2011, 06:50 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I picked my car up off the lot...didn't have the opportunity to order Bose or B&O...came with standard Blaupunkt.

When I was younger, I used to bang around with nice aftermarket systems...Alpine, Boston Acoustic, B&O...I thought the more you spent, the better the sound would be.

The reality is...as many folks in this feed have mentioned, unless you are parked, it is hard to appreciate super high end audio in a car. Road noise dilutes the quality.

For what it's worth, the standard Blau is just fine...I can listen to rock or hip hop with decent bass and mid range, and appreciate jazz, etc as well.

In my opinion, drop the $$$ on the innovation package, and save it on the audio.
Old 07-26-2011, 07:29 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

$6000 in the world of audio equipment is not crazy expensive.

You can easily spend 3-4 grand piecing together audio systems. We've all seen the cats who had 5 grand worth of speakers in a 15k car.

I wish there was a mid level 2500-3000 stereo upgrade. 6k is a little much for me & I'd probably pass on it.

But it's a luxury item. Some cats buy $15,000 watches, so you don't need anything, you just want it.

We all know how expensive audio equipment can be. So it's not overpriced @ 6k. Hell, those pop up tweeters alone are worth a couple grand. The clarity and definition are superb.
Old 07-27-2011, 02:36 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Said better than I could have. If there was a 3k upgrade I would be in. I know it will be better than the Bose. So when we are talking about anything with this vehicle The word need is probably not appropriate.

Quick Reply: Is bang and olufsen worth it