Go Back   AudiWorld Forums > Audi Models > Audi A6 / S6 / RS 6 > A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion
Sign in using an external account
Register Forgot Password?


A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011

Welcome to AudiWorld Forums!
Welcome to AudiWorld.com.

You are currently viewing our forums as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the AudiWorld Forums community today!


Reply
 
 
 
 
LinkBack Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Old 01-03-2014, 03:57 PM   #1
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 222179
 
CRAMAZING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 163
Default Best Exhaust for C7

Hey guys,
I have come to the conclusion that I will be keeping my A6 and doing some stuff to it.
This topic will be about the exhaust, I'll be doing some research and noticed there isn't much options out there.

So the question is, should I get whats available out there that being Stasis and AWE, or should I continue to wait for other companies to make an exhaust for us like Milltek?

For those who already have an aftermarket exhaust on there A6/A7, a review would be appreciated, looking to make the move over the weekend.


Thanks!
__________________
2012 Phantom Black Prestige A6
CRAMAZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 07:43 PM   #2
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 451
 
Brooklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 2,267
Default

On another forum, John from RocEuro, who in the past was part of the design team behind the Milltek B8 S4 exhaust indicated a C7 Milltek exhaust is on its way. Frankly, Stasis is the only option I'm aware of for the A6 3.0t. Apparently the AWE A7 exhaust will fit, but appears to drone enough that AWE does not advertise it as being A6 compatible.
__________________
l 2013 A6 3.0T l Premium Plus l Oolong Gray/Black l Driver Assistance Package l Sport Package l Bose l Fine Grain Ash l 35% Ceramic Tint l Avant Garde M590 20x8.5 ET 32; 255/35/20 l

l Previous: 2011 B8 S4 6MT l
Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2014, 08:31 PM   #3
Banned
Account #: 267421
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 663
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
On another forum, John from RocEuro, who in the past was part of the design team behind the Milltek B8 S4 exhaust indicated a C7 Milltek exhaust is on its way. Frankly, Stasis is the only option I'm aware of for the A6 3.0t. Apparently the AWE A7 exhaust will fit, but appears to drone enough that AWE does not advertise it as being A6 compatible.
John says a lot of things. Wheres my RocEuro intake? He said that was coming too. And when you email about it, he doesn't even bother to answer.

My dealer says the Stasis exhaust is no good. They are a Stasis dealer and and the boxes say Made in China right on them and often don't fit right. They recommended staying far away from all of Stasis's products except the tune.

I'd go with the AWE. Its downpipe back, which is superior to just a catback.

Avoid the German stuff like the plague. Its all ridiculously overpriced and no better than anything else. We discuss this all the time on the BMW forums. The Europeans feel that they can overcharge just because they think they're special. Reality is, they aren't special. They're just ripoff artists. Their products are no better than anything made in any other country. No better than a Japanese part, an American part, or any other part. Hell, if a Chinese part fit and performed as well for half the price, why wouldn't I buy it? Why would you pay a premium for a name?
EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying Millitek is a major offender. Talking more along the lines of SuperSprint and Akrapovic, who have the nerve to charge $4k+ for a cat-back.

Last edited by Mike_L; 01-04-2014 at 02:30 PM.
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 07:51 AM   #4
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 222179
 
CRAMAZING's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2011
Location: New York City
Posts: 163
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
On another forum, John from RocEuro, who in the past was part of the design team behind the Milltek B8 S4 exhaust indicated a C7 Milltek exhaust is on its way. Frankly, Stasis is the only option I'm aware of for the A6 3.0t. Apparently the AWE A7 exhaust will fit, but appears to drone enough that AWE does not advertise it as being A6 compatible.
why does the AWE exhaust drone on the A6 and not A7 if its basically the same engine?
__________________
2012 Phantom Black Prestige A6
CRAMAZING is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 08:59 AM   #5
AudiWorld Super User
Account #: 451
 
Brooklyn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2000
Posts: 2,267
Default

No idea but that's the word I received when I asked why it wasn't being advertised on AWE's site for the A6.
__________________
l 2013 A6 3.0T l Premium Plus l Oolong Gray/Black l Driver Assistance Package l Sport Package l Bose l Fine Grain Ash l 35% Ceramic Tint l Avant Garde M590 20x8.5 ET 32; 255/35/20 l

l Previous: 2011 B8 S4 6MT l
Brooklyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:52 PM   #6
AudiWorld Member
Account #: 30865
 
Join Date: Jan 2002
Location: RPV, CA
Posts: 284
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brooklyn View Post
No idea but that's the word I received when I asked why it wasn't being advertised on AWE's site for the A6.
I followed up with AWE month or two ago and they said they were working on the drone "fix" based on some lessons learned from their Q5 work. They were hoping to have the testing done by the end of the year. May be worth following up with them again.
__________________
2012 A6 3.0T now with APR power, black optic grille, and e-codes!
Tucker74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 02:59 PM   #7
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 237496
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
John says a lot of things. Wheres my RocEuro intake? He said that was coming too. And when you email about it, he doesn't even bother to answer. My dealer says the Stasis exhaust is no good. They are a Stasis dealer and and the boxes say Made in China right on them and often don't fit right. They recommended staying far away from all of Stasis's products except the tune. I'd go with the AWE. Its downpipe back, which is superior to just a catback. Avoid the German stuff like the plague. Its all ridiculously overpriced and no better than anything else. We discuss this all the time on the BMW forums. The Europeans feel that they can overcharge just because they think they're special. Reality is, they aren't special. They're just ripoff artists. Their products are no better than anything made in any other country. No better than a Japanese part, an American part, or any other part. Hell, if a Chinese part fit and performed as well for half the price, why wouldn't I buy it? Why would you pay a premium for a name? EDIT: To clarify, I'm not saying Millitek is a major offender. Talking more along the lines of SuperSprint and Akrapovic, who have the nerve to charge $4k+ for a cat-back.
As long as I know AWE is a cat back exhaust but because the cats are located at the down pipe (not at the center of he car like in other cars) they start at the end of the downpipe, but for sure it is a cat back exhaust
__________________
AUDI A7 2012 PRESTIGE GIAC STAGE 2, AWE EXHAUST DIAMOND BLACK TIPS 349AWHP (362 with AWE and Injen) 324AWFT-LBS (335 with AWE and Injen) @ 91 OCTANE, INJEN INTAKE, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS, EIBACH SPRINGS. The Dyno numbers are for the stage 1
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
COBRA 1965

GONE
FERRARI 550 MARANELLO 1998
HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 05:52 PM   #8
Banned
Account #: 267421
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: NYC
Posts: 663
Default

Says right on their site downpipes and exhaust.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-a7-3-0t-exhaust
Mike_L is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 09:55 PM   #9
AudiWorld Senior Member
Account #: 237496
 
feralc's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: CA
Posts: 1,016
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike_L View Post
Says right on their site downpipes and exhaust.
http://www.awe-tuning.com/awe-a7-3-0t-exhaust
But the cats are AT/Before the downpipes, the exhaust starts after the cats so it is a cat Back system, I have it, I saw when it was installed.
So it is easier to understand, look at the picture there is no catalytic converters anywhere underneath the car
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (57.2 KB, 189 views)
__________________
AUDI A7 2012 PRESTIGE GIAC STAGE 2, AWE EXHAUST DIAMOND BLACK TIPS 349AWHP (362 with AWE and Injen) 324AWFT-LBS (335 with AWE and Injen) @ 91 OCTANE, INJEN INTAKE, MOONLIGHT BLUE/VELVET BEIGE, FULL LEDS, SIDE ASSIST, 20" WHEELS, VAG-COM MODS, EIBACH SPRINGS. The Dyno numbers are for the stage 1
DUCATI DIAVEL 2011 CARBON RED
PORSCHE CAYENNE TURBO 2004
COBRA 1965

GONE
FERRARI 550 MARANELLO 1998
HARLEY DAVIDSON NIGHT ROD SPECIAL 2009
MERCEDES BENZ SL55 2003 527BHP, 557FT-LBS NO SPEED LIMITER.
PORSCHE 911 CARRERA 4 2000 MILLENIUM EDITION
BMW 325CI F1 CABRIO 2003

Last edited by feralc; 01-04-2014 at 10:04 PM.
feralc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM   #10
Audiworld Junior Member
Account #: 178890
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 20
Default

i had the stasis exhaust installed on my a6 3.0t. i wasn't happy with the droning so i had my stock put back in.
wylee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2014, 10:16 PM
AudiWorld
Audi R8




Paid Advertisement
 
 
 
Reply


Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is On
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are On



All times are GMT -8. The time now is 04:07 AM.


Copyright 2014 AudiWorld.com Audi Enthusiast Community