Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Bose stereo just OK

Search this Thread

Old 04-30-2014, 05:57 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by A6ninja
THAT is a great idea. Thanks!
If they decline again, tell them your next phone call is to Audi of America. That usually sorts them out pretty fast.
Old 04-30-2014, 06:16 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Thanks!

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
If they decline again, tell them your next phone call is to Audi of America. That usually sorts them out pretty fast.
I'll give it a shot. I'm running a 400 version of MMI, maybe they could bring up to 500 or so!
Old 05-01-2014, 05:23 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Chief#16
I'll give it a shot. I'm running a 400 version of MMI, maybe they could bring up to 500 or so!
Just tell them your Iphone 5 doesnt stream bluetooth audio. 715.2 + resolves all of that.
Old 05-06-2014, 09:54 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by freshlysqueezed
Just tell them your Iphone 5 doesnt stream bluetooth audio. 715.2 + resolves all of that.
I was forced to tell him that my speakers were popping. They didn't accept the whole iPhone 5 issue. I would try both if you can. Coming from BMW, where all of this stuff was taken care of, I am a little disappointed in how Audi dealers do things...

Also, the dealer told me they updated my MMI to 726, but it still shows 715.2.
Old 05-06-2014, 11:37 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Joshua Adam
I was forced to tell him that my speakers were popping. They didn't accept the whole iPhone 5 issue. I would try both if you can. Coming from BMW, where all of this stuff was taken care of, I am a little disappointed in how Audi dealers do things...

Also, the dealer told me they updated my MMI to 726, but it still shows 715.2.
I mentioned this in another thread. I had my 2013 A6 in for the steering and engine module updates and I tried asking for the MMI upgrade (I was still at 0609?) but they wouldn't automatically do it. I then mentioned the speakers popping (which was supposed to be fixed in 715.2). I went with the technician while he input my VIN into the computer and went through various "complaints" and the one he did find was "not enough bass" as someone from Germany had suggested as a way to get the update. He did a software update to the "amp" (to level 40?) and I now hear a subwoofer and more bass all around. The MMI version didn't change.
Old 05-06-2014, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

I said that I was hearing a loud POP from the center channel at random times. It sounded like a rock hitting the windshield, but I was not following any cars on the road at the time so a rock would have been impossible.

They did the update for free after that report.
Old 05-07-2014, 05:17 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by subterFUSE
Don't be so sure that will work. In my case it was more about convincing Audi to allow them to do some of the updates than anything else.
Old 05-07-2014, 03:45 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Even with the upgrade, the sound quality is still **** compared to to the older models. Everything sounds flat. My suggestion is to ad a sub...it stills sounds crap but covers up the other crap.
Old 05-17-2014, 02:00 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I made an appointment with Audi to check out my MMI. I told them there are issues with the HD radio (can't turn it off), there's an issue with my iPhone connection, and the stereo sounds like sh*t. The guy gave me zero confidence that we even consider upgrading the software (I'm on a 400 version). We'll see how it goes, but it's not looking good.

Weak.
Old 05-17-2014, 05:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by Chief#16
I told them there are issues with the HD radio (can't turn it off), there's an issue with my iPhone connection, and the stereo sounds like sh*t.
Well I'm assuming you listed some specific problems and that they're the same specific problems reported here and in other MMI issue threads.

If not, and if the quoted text is what you told the SA, then I'm not surprised you're not getting updated. In general it appears the SA/techs need a pretty specific complaint about something listed as an issue resolved by later MMI firmware in order to do the update. Yes, better techs and better SAs (at least from our customer perspective) seem to be doing these on request, but you should give yours as much ammunition as possible to help them help you.

Just my $0.02 (non-inflation-adjusted).

Quick Reply: Bose stereo just OK