Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

To buy a used TDI or not?

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2016, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 79 Likes on 63 Posts

I just took delivery of a new Q7 and I'm very disappointed that I couldn't get it with the diesel based on my experience with my A6 TDI. I'd like to swap engines between the two cars. I don't think anyone knows what the fallout of dieselgate will mean, but as a muncher of highway kms the A6 TDI can't be beat. I get 1200 km on a tank for highway runs and a 1000 in mixed driving.
Old 07-16-2016, 08:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by LandofQuattro
You said it's a 2016... doesn't it have factory warranty til 2020?

BMW is good too. It was my 2nd choice. I really just fell in love with the A6 as a whole. The 535d felt bulky and not as well put together. Did u know that audi has a sound lab that they determine the best clicking noises of the dials... I giggle everytime I rotate the MMI dial or heating ****.
Just confirmed with the dealer - factory warranty applies. They can't CPO any TDI pre owned until they have settled this with CARP.

I hope I can test drive it today!
Old 07-16-2016, 01:22 PM
AudiWorld Member

You'll love it - nothing beats 40 MPG in a 4200 lb tugboat with the A/C on doing 75 on the highway
Old 07-16-2016, 01:49 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Originally Posted by McFuzz
You'll love it - nothing beats 40 MPG in a 4200 lb tugboat with the A/C on doing 75 on the highway
Don't forget to mention the torque is 428 😎
Old 07-16-2016, 02:03 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by KevinGary
Don't forget to mention the torque is 428 😎

Thus my tugboat nickname
Old 07-17-2016, 11:33 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by gw73
Just confirmed with the dealer - factory warranty applies. They can't CPO any TDI pre owned until they have settled this with CARP.

I hope I can test drive it today!
I was looking at the same car couple of months ago. Is it Havana Black with heads up display or Mythos Black with sport suspension? I drove both of them and both were great cars, with great equipment. Including winter tire package. I found sport suspension to have a bit of a harsh ride. Glenmore Audi was a bit too firm on the price @$69,500.
So I ended up buying one from Ontario (with 2000km on odometer) and driving it back home over three days.
Old 07-17-2016, 12:54 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boci
I was looking at the same car couple of months ago. Is it Havana Black with heads up display or Mythos Black with sport suspension? I drove both of them and both were great cars, with great equipment. Including winter tire package. I found sport suspension to have a bit of a harsh ride. Glenmore Audi was a bit too firm on the price @$69,500.
So I ended up buying one from Ontario (with 2000km on odometer) and driving it back home over three days.
They have 2 - the one that I'm looking at is Havana Black with heads up display with the massage seats that I've not tried yet. I test drove the mythos black and I absolutely loved it.

Did both have sport suspension? I took the mythos black on deerfoot for a bit - the car was just a joy to handle!

They wont sell it CPO - so I'll need to get checks done on the car - do you have any suggestions for that?

Thanks!
Old 07-17-2016, 01:01 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by boci
If I can ask what do you think the target price for negotiation should be? It's tough to come up with a number, but I'll be looking for aggressive pricing...
Old 07-17-2016, 04:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

The car has 3 years of factory warranty... which is better than cpo. Just make sure to check the in service date. Regarding price. Yes... hammer them hard as you can use the diesel cheat as a reason to get the price down... also no cpo.... use that to your advantage. Have a look at comparables (trader.ca) and go from there....
Old 07-17-2016, 05:16 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

As far as I know only Mythos black one is with the sport suspension. I know it is personal preference, but I did not like sport suspension. Massage seats, on the other hand, I liked quite a bit. So i ended up getting that option on my A6.
As far as pricing goes, what are they asking for? Still $69,500?

I would not waste time or money on inspection. You should have 3 years /~60,000 km left on the factory warranty.

Quick Reply: To buy a used TDI or not?