Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

C7 "Hidden" Gems List

Search this Thread

Old 12-18-2013, 07:09 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I didn't see this one listed, although it is specific to the A7/S7/RS7.

My garage door height is very low at my condo, I wasn't happy to find out I couldn't open the trunk of my A7 when parked inside the garage.

Wife actually figured out that if you open the trunk then hit the close button while its opening it will stop at that position, hit it again and it closes normally. Its a bit tricky to hit the button while its rising but saves me from having to unload the trunk outside the garage before pulling in.
Old 12-18-2013, 08:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Set elevation of rear hatch

Originally Posted by Cooncified
I didn't see this one listed, although it is specific to the A7/S7/RS7.

My garage door height is very low at my condo, I wasn't happy to find out I couldn't open the trunk of my A7 when parked inside the garage.

Wife actually figured out that if you open the trunk then hit the close button while its opening it will stop at that position, hit it again and it closes normally. Its a bit tricky to hit the button while its rising but saves me from having to unload the trunk outside the garage before pulling in.
http://www.audiusa.com/help/video-tutorials Power rear hatch

There is a way to program the rear height so that it only goes to your set elevation, search the Audi tutorial videos on the Audiusa website
Old 12-19-2013, 12:52 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Not sure if everyone is aware but under the rear climate control ***** there is a panel and when pushed will reveal a 12v charger and cigarette lighter. Also if you hold the unlock button on your remote it will open all windows and sunroof. If locking your car holding the lock key will close all windows and sunroof.
Old 12-19-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by dannybear
Not sure if everyone is aware but under the rear climate control ***** there is a panel and when pushed will reveal a 12v charger and cigarette lighter. Also if you hold the unlock button on your remote it will open all windows and sunroof. If locking your car holding the lock key will close all windows and sunroof.
In the U.S. the keyfob window/sunroof "convenience" feature is not activated from the factory unless it's changed using a VCDS cable. Probably the most common Vag-Com mod. Not exactly sure why it's not activated here but It's been that way for many years.
Old 12-27-2013, 01:33 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by snagitseven
In the U.S. the keyfob window/sunroof "convenience" feature is not activated from the factory unless it's changed using a VCDS cable. Probably the most common Vag-Com mod. Not exactly sure why it's not activated here but It's been that way for many years.
I asked the mechanic at my local dealer the same question; apparently our (US) vehicles are equipped with a safty sensor that prevents the window from closing if it's obsturcted in any way. It's a child safty more than anything (by law); but if you activate the keyfob window convenience, it will DEACTIVATE the "safty" feature. I thought about doing the VCDS mod but I have a two year old so my better judgement took president.
Old 12-27-2013, 04:05 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by kenny832
I asked the mechanic at my local dealer the same question; apparently our (US) vehicles are equipped with a safty sensor that prevents the window from closing if it's obsturcted in any way. It's a child safty more than anything (by law); but if you activate the keyfob window convenience, it will DEACTIVATE the "safty" feature. I thought about doing the VCDS mod but I have a two year old so my better judgement took president.
Wonder why. BMW allows users to open the windows with the fob, as do Honda and Cadillac. BMW can be coded to allow closing too, though from the factory you can do it with the key in the lock, but not with the fob.
Old 12-27-2013, 06:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

No sure if it's true the safety feature only works with the window switch or why it would even have to be that way. It would seem like common sense to have the safety stop trigger no matter what activates the windows. I'll leave it to someone else to test if that's the case though.
Old 12-28-2013, 03:16 PM
Banned

No sure if it's true the safety feature only works with the window switch or why it would even have to be that way. It would seem like common sense to have the safety stop trigger no matter what activates the windows. I'll leave it to someone else to test if that's the case though.
I just tested it. Window reversed instantly. Hardly even touched me before it reversed itself. I would have no reservations sticking any body part in there and not worrying that it would be hurt or cut off.
Old 12-28-2013, 06:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Not so sure if it's true the safety feature only works with the window switch or why it would even have to be that way. It would seem like common sense to have the safety stop trigger no matter what activates the windows. I'll leave it to someone else to test if that's the case though.
Originally Posted by Mike_L
I just tested it. Window reversed instantly. Hardly even touched me before it reversed itself. I would have no reservations sticking any body part in there and not worrying that it would be hurt or cut off.
Well, there you go. Yet another bit of misinformed wisdom from an Audi dealer (or an excuse to not help an owner with a simple mod).
Old 12-30-2013, 01:19 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Well, there you go. Yet another bit of misinformed wisdom from an Audi dealer (or an excuse to not help an owner with a simple mod).
I'm a bit confused, does Mike L have the key fob convenient mod?

Quick Reply: C7 "Hidden" Gems List