Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Custom order: how long for build date info?

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2015, 06:30 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Thank you for all the information. I sent an email to the sales guy asking about allocation, and if he had anything he could change the specs on. He didn’t understand my question. For some reason he thought I wanted to modify my order, which I don’t. My custom order isn’t too special:
Prestige
Tornado Grey
Black Interior
Driver Assist
Cold Weather
Fine Grain Ash
Rear Side Airbags (and I can live without this)

I’m even willing to compromise on Florett Silver with 19” wheels (but it must have driver assist and the cold weather package). I live in the Detroit area, and I searched dealers as far away as Chicago, but couldn’t find something the was close enough.

My next step is to email the sales guy again asking about allocation. Hopefully he’ll understand this time. If not, I’ll start looking for another dealer. This is my first Audi (I’m upgrading from an Accord), so I’m excited and a bit impatient!
Old 05-06-2015, 08:59 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Don't ask him about allocation - you'll just get a blank stare. Just ask him to email the car's status report which he can pull up on his computer at any time.
Old 05-07-2015, 03:08 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

snagitseven,

I got the order status from the dealer. Is there anything I should be looking for?

At the top of the email it states: Order Status = I.S. Order Bank (05) *, with a Status Date of 3/27.

The first 3 events are: Order Entry/ Market Sold Order / Vehicle Assigned which have a date of 3/27. All the other events are blank.

With that information, can you tell the dealer is still waiting for allocation?
Old 05-07-2015, 03:25 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

6 weeks and your still order bank. You haven't been released to factory so yea no allocation. I would have a serious talk with the dealer.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:18 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by cbl1
6 weeks and your still order bank. You haven't been released to factory so yea no allocation. I would have a serious talk with the dealer.
Is there anything in particular that I should ask my dealer? I'm concerned that if I ask him why I am still in the order bank after 6 weeks, he'll just reply "I don't know".

Do you think it could be my configuration (for example, the rear side airbags)?
Old 05-08-2015, 03:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by skydive_bri
Is there anything in particular that I should ask my dealer? I'm concerned that if I ask him why I am still in the order bank after 6 weeks, he'll just reply "I don't know".

Do you think it could be my configuration (for example, the rear side airbags)?
Those of us that ordered early, back in 2014, waited a long time before leaving that state because pricing hadn't been determined and production hadn't actually started. An order now shouldn't be doing that.

I got my S6 more than a month ago and I ordered the extra air bags.
Old 05-08-2015, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Those of us that ordered early, back in 2014, waited a long time before leaving that state because pricing hadn't been determined and production hadn't actually started. An order now shouldn't be doing that.

I got my S6 more than a month ago and I ordered the extra air bags.
They wouldn't hold it in order bank for options and that option shouldn't hold anything up anyhow. When it goes to factory status then the factory will assign a date based in part availability. Your dealer just put you at the end of his line and it must be a small dealer that doesn't get a lot of allocation. From the lack of what seems like caring in their end I could see why. I would ask him if has any stock orders in process that can be changed to your specs. He needs to talk to his Audi of America rep to get your car pushed forward.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

If you are getting nowhere with your salesperson, speak to the general manager. Let him know you are considering cancelling and going to a different dealer.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:40 AM
AudiWorld Member

You order your car is March.

I didn't order mine until beginning of April.

Mine has been on factory list since about April 15 and my build date is the first week of June

At current rate mine will be built before yours gets a production date.

As you can see your dealer is not working for you.
Old 05-08-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your options are not effecting the allocation to the factory. Options will just effect the production date once the factory receives the order. And you don't have any options that should effect production (I have heard Black Optic and Sport Suspension packages have been pushing out some production dates).

Quick Reply: Custom order: how long for build date info?