Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Do you have Sub control (along with bass and treble) in MMI sound settings screen?

Search this Thread

Old 05-01-2015, 06:25 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do you have Sub control (along with bass and treble) in MMI sound settings screen?

Hi, I have recently moved from Audi 2015 S3 to 2016 A6 C7. My, what a car! I find ride quality agreeable and performance surprising considering the size of the car.... except for the audio quality.
I happen to have Bose Surround sound system, which I found to be lacking in sub-base range. And I see many of the people agree with that and go with the popular sub&amp adding mod found in this forum.
My question is, do any of you actually have the subwoofer control in the MMI's sound settings screen?
I am asking you this because, in my S3 (RIP) with the Bang and Olufsen sound system I had control for treble bass and sub. I found the overall sound quality in S3 to be better than that of A6, partially due to the ability to control the sound.

If you don't have the subwoofer control, do you happen to know if I can enable that via VAGCOM or ask my dealer to enable it?

p.s. I was also going through the forum and saw several A6's with fabulous wheel... I fell in love with those and was looking for them. I do not want to steal their photos but I see forum member NVThs1, Blackz06, and jr'sAudiA6 seem to have the wheels. Is this wheel same as Part number:4G0601025G? DO you happen to know a replika of this wheel being sold somewhere because $1000 per 1 wheel seems to be little to much for me?

Thank you so much for your time!
Old 05-01-2015, 10:00 PM
DVE
AudiWorld Member

Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts

Only Audi Sound System (***) has control for sub, Bose only for treble and bass.
Old 05-02-2015, 02:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DVE
Only Audi Sound System (***) has control for sub, Bose only for treble and bass.
What is Audi Sound System?
Old 05-02-2015, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

What is Audi Sound System?
I am guessing Audi sound system is the one without Bose or the B&O.
Old 05-02-2015, 04:25 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by DVE
That is SO weird since I did have sub control in S3's B&O! I wish I could enable the feature to control the sub. That would actually make the sub mod I am planning to do easier.
Old 05-02-2015, 07:13 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

On the C7, the Subwoofer control is available on the base audio.

The Bose system only has Bass and Treble control.

In fact, if you unplug the Bose amplifier from MOST the MMI will automatically revert to the base audio and the Subwoofer control shows up.
Old 05-02-2015, 05:01 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by subterFUSE

In fact, if you unplug the Bose amplifier from MOST the MMI will automatically revert to the base audio and the Subwoofer control shows up.
Oh, I see. In fact I was just thinking about doing the popular add-a-sub&amp mod available on this forum and thought it would be nice to have the sub-controlling feature available through MMI controls.
Thank you for your reply!!
Old 09-03-2015, 12:51 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by subterFUSE

Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know how to do as described above - i.e. disconnect the sub from MOST?

I assume that in doing so the sub is still on but merely not connected to the MOST system and so will act like a 'basic' subwoofer?
Old 09-03-2015, 03:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 40 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by mobilejp
Hi, sorry to resurrect an old thread, but does anyone know how to do as described above - i.e. disconnect the sub from MOST?

I assume that in doing so the sub is still on but merely not connected to the MOST system and so will act like a 'basic' subwoofer?
You cannot disconnect the subwoofer from MOST. The subwoofer is connected to the OEM Amplifier via speaker-level wire, which is analog.

MOST is a fiber optical digital connection that links various components in the car such as MMI, Telecommunications, and Stereo Amplifier.

You can disconnect the OEM Amplifier from MOST by unclipping the MOST wire harness from the Amplifier. However, none of the speakers will play if you disconnect the Amp from MOST because you will no longer be feeding an audio signal to the Amp. You will also trigger a temporary Fault Code in the vehicle when it sees that a component has been disconnected.

There is no reason to disconnect the Amp from MOST unless you are adding a full aftermarket stereo system replacement, as I have done, using a mObridge preamplifier.

If your goal is simply to add an aftermarket subwoofer while keeping the ret of the Bose system intact and functional, your only option is to use a Line Output Converter device that can convert the subwoofer's speaker-level connection into a preamp level signal.

Last edited by subterFUSE; 09-03-2015 at 03:57 AM.
Old 09-03-2015, 06:58 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Ah I see, thank you for the informative reply.

Quick Reply: Do you have Sub control (along with bass and treble) in MMI sound settings screen?