Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Driver Seat Wear

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2014, 06:40 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Look at the first photo, in the bottom right corner. See how it looks rough with almost two tones of gray.

Now look at the passenger seat photos, it looks very different.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:21 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

You can try, but I think it's going to be a tough sell. If the wallet mark wasn't there you might have a better shot. They are going to consider that wallet mark negligence and it will be tough to prove the rest is lack of proper care because of it.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Janello
You can try, but I think it's going to be a tough sell. If the wallet mark wasn't there you might have a better shot. They are going to consider that wallet mark negligence and it will be tough to prove the rest is lack of proper care because of it.
I'll be really curious to hear how keeping a wallet in your back pocket is considered negligence... What man doesn't have a wallet in their back pocket?

As mentioned before it has never been a problem on my other 3 Audis.
Old 09-09-2014, 07:45 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Because a seat is made for an ***, nothing more. A lot of men carry knives in their back pocket too. Girls have cellphones, a lot of guys have keys hanging off their belt loop. I'm on your side! I just know how they think. They will likely use any thing against you or any tactic to avoid replacing that seat. The only way you win is convincing them it's premature wear. That will be hard to do with a big wallet mark.

Last edited by Janello; 09-09-2014 at 07:48 AM.
Old 09-09-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 181 Likes on 161 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
I'll be really curious to hear how keeping a wallet in your back pocket is considered negligence... What man doesn't have a wallet in their back pocket?

As mentioned before it has never been a problem on my other 3 Audis.
Looking at your photos I am assuming that you have the ventilated seat (with the perforated leather). Did your previous Audis also have this option as well? I am thinking that maybe the fact that it has perforations and/or it is ventilated means the leather wears differently. Clearly after 18000 miles there will be some signs of use, especially compared to a seat that by your own admission is rarely sat on
Old 09-09-2014, 08:47 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

This is the first ventilated one I've had. That is why my original question is asking if this is normal. If it is wearing normally, that's fine I can accept that.
Old 09-09-2014, 09:08 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is the first ventilated one I've had. That is why my original question is asking if this is normal. If it is wearing normally, that's fine I can accept that.
I can't speak for Audi ventilated seats leather... I just got my first audi days ago, but I can tell you that Jeep Grand Cherokee ventilated seats with 55,000 miles show very little to no wear at all.... And I do carry my wallet in my back pocket..... I sure hope this isn't normal.
Old 09-11-2014, 02:53 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 188 Likes on 130 Posts

I can tell you my 17,000 mile car with ventilated seats looks new both driver and passenger. I dont carry my wallet in my back pocket as my doctor suggested its not good to sit on that as it can cause back problems. Not sure why since its not like I carry a wad of cash in there
Old 09-12-2014, 12:01 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

So i talked to AoA, they then talked to the dealer. The response was that the warranty on the seats is only good for 12,000 miles. And their advice was to try not to "slide" in and out of the seat...

Awesome suggestion...
Old 09-12-2014, 06:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

So i talked to AoA, they then talked to the dealer. The response was that the warranty on the seats is only good for 12,000 miles. And their advice was to try not to "slide" in and out of the seat...

Awesome suggestion...
Sounds like you didn't get the Balducci levitation package. Really makes a difference.

Quick Reply: Driver Seat Wear