Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Drivetrain Stabilizer

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2016, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Drivetrain Stabilizer

Does anyone have any information on this new aftermarket suspension piece? Anyone feel strongly one way or another that it would be a good idea to go for? Or, too risky?? The description sounds enticing..
https://www.ecodetuning.com/audi-c7-...category_id=78
Old 12-01-2016, 08:10 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

It's not exactly new. It's supposed to deliver better lap times on a road course and should give more confident handling if you enjoy driving hard through corners. Audizine.com has several threads about it if you want to read more.

I don't see any risk in installing the brace. If enough people join the group buy, I might buy one even though I could do just fine without it.
Old 12-02-2016, 01:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed
It's not exactly new. It's supposed to deliver better lap times on a road course and should give more confident handling if you enjoy driving hard through corners. Audizine.com has several threads about it if you want to read more.

I don't see any risk in installing the brace. If enough people join the group buy, I might buy one even though I could do just fine without it.
Any chance that with it on, my car won't do as well in snow and ice/wet? Here in snowy New England, this is a big consideration..
Old 12-02-2016, 09:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Moonlightblue
Any chance that with it on, my car won't do as well in snow and ice/wet? Here in snowy New England, this is a big consideration..
It replaces the stamped steel appliance seen in this picture. Replacing it with something more rigid won't hurt your handling in any situation.

Name:  AWE%2030_zps66nqirt5.jpg
Views: 96
Size:  111.4 KB

The box looking thing above the brace is the power steering cooler.