Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Eurocode SwayBar Correct mounting?

Search this Thread

Old 08-17-2015, 09:15 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Eurocode SwayBar Correct mounting?

Hi all, Need a little reassurance.
Eurocode says it only makes 3 sway bars for Audi and there is no way the wrong sway bar was sent to me and would not fit a car it is not intended for. But I've never seen a product misalignment like this. It makes no sense that the bar's mounting guides don't match the chassis mounting points. Can someone with similar setup please help me confirm if this is correct or definitely not right?

First photo shows passenger side mount that doesn't look right. You can see the guide/stop/flange not quite spaced over enough away to match the mounting point while the Second photo shows driver side mount that seems properly mounted. Used softer setting on bar with outermost hole used on each side. Thoughts?

Yes I painted the Eurocode bars. I prefer sleepers.

Thanks in advance.
Attached Images   
Old 08-18-2015, 04:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

There's a thread over on Audizine about sway bars and lowered suspensions. Many of the posters have aftermarket sway bars and they may have shots of the mounts.

I like the sleeper paint job. The only people that get to see a sway bar are under a lift and some of them can "TD1" a suspension failure...
Old 08-18-2015, 05:20 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Thanks Tenspeed. The paint job was a quick rush job so not the best. You can see the original red in small areas so I wish I could have done it with more time to cover all and do two or three coats to keep paint from chipping a little more. You can still see impression of "Eurocode" logo lettering in middle after painting if you look for it or shine light onto sway bar. But at quick glance you don't realize it's not stock since thickness doesn't look dramatically different.
The rear way bar however is obvious. New sway bar is almost twice as thick! Nooiice
Old 08-19-2015, 09:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Watch out for oversteer and wheel lift with those anti-sway bars. Especially with the thicker fronts.
Old 08-19-2015, 07:53 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Watch out for oversteer and wheel lift with those anti-sway bars. Especially with the thicker fronts.
Thanks for heads-up. Ironically that's why I chose this bar however, as I read others say the softer setting in front with stiffer setting in rear was a great balance.
Based on this info and other bars I researched, it seemed this was best choice. I like options and loved the adjustability.
So far I'm loving the handling with exception to my problem of lower driver side wheel well gap. = (
Trying to figure that out as time permits.

Do you have experience with a specific sway bar you're happy with?
Old 08-20-2015, 04:20 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Thanks for heads-up. Ironically that's why I chose this bar however, as I read others say the softer setting in front with stiffer setting in rear was a great balance.
Based on this info and other bars I researched, it seemed this was best choice. I like options and loved the adjustability.
So far I'm loving the handling with exception to my problem of lower driver side wheel well gap. = (
Trying to figure that out as time permits.

Do you have experience with a specific sway bar you're happy with?
The last time I upgraded an ARB was on my non-sport 2001 A6 to the thicker OEM Sport pkg bar on the rear only which worked well to reduce roll. Since I have the sport suspension on my current A6, I frankly saw no need to change anything as I'm happy with the performance as is.

What's with your wheel gap on one side? Did you have the sport suspension or upgrade it aftermarket?
Old 08-20-2015, 05:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My thought on the spacing is that you likely started on the driverside and put it against the bushing, which felt logical. I have seen some of our "other" car setups that gave some gap from the stop flange to the bushing.

I'd loosen up the two bushings and split the difference. Likely the space is there for flex. Did Euro say anything about that positioning?