Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Fate of Daytona Gray in 2016?

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2015, 07:31 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Fate of Daytona Gray in 2016?

So I'm getting mixed messages regarding the fate of the Daytona Gray option on 2016 A6's in the U.S. The initial model ordering guide provided that it's available with the S line exterior look. The new, updated order guide with prices excludes it from the list of available colors entirely. Anyone know if you can order Daytona Gray on a 2016 A6 without taking the $4k gut punch?

As a side rant, my only major complaint about Audi's A6 offerings are the colors. Would it kill them to offer a sharp blue, red, or anything beyond just a melange of grays, silvers, dark grays, and gray-silvers? Even the Q5 range offers a much more interesting palette, so I know they could if they wanted.
Old 01-26-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

You need to step up to the S6 if you want Daytona Gray. Same goes for Red (like the one I ordered).
Old 01-26-2015, 10:10 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
You need to step up to the S6 if you want Daytona Gray. Same goes for Red (like the one I ordered).
Ugh, sometimes I hate Audi. I guess it's down to Oolong or some form of black or maybe Aviator Blue if I'm feeling adventurous.
Old 01-26-2015, 10:37 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Pratfall
As a side rant, my only major complaint about Audi's A6 offerings are the colors. Would it kill them to offer a sharp blue, red, or anything beyond just a melange of grays, silvers, dark grays, and gray-silvers? Even the Q5 range offers a much more interesting palette, so I know they could if they wanted.
I agree. Some of the models can have boring options in colors. You could always go Audi Exclusive. Depending on the color it will cost you, but if you are already spending car new money on this level, what is a couple grand to get what you really want. At least you have that option though. I oversaw some guy on AZ complain that Estoril Blue might not be an option for his order even through the Exclusive channel. I didn't look far into the post, but not many details given.
Old 01-26-2015, 07:58 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Pratfall
Ugh, sometimes I hate Audi. I guess it's down to Oolong or some form of black or maybe Aviator Blue if I'm feeling adventurous.
I was kind of excited when I saw they got rid of it after a two year run. But that's from someone who already has it in that color and appreciates it will be more exclusive. I do agree that the overall color palette should be expanded.
Old 01-27-2015, 09:15 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by NightCrawler
I was kind of excited when I saw they got rid of it after a two year run. But that's from someone who already has it in that color and appreciates it will be more exclusive. I do agree that the overall color palette should be expanded.
+1. For whatever the reason, I am not arguing the Estoril blue issue. I have one of only a couple C7 A6 in Estoril. Maybe my car can be a barn find in 60 years. HAHA.
Old 02-01-2015, 02:00 AM
AudiWorld Member

Not sure if Audi will follow suit, but in the UK, the facelift cars are now available in 2 reds, garnet and misano. Previously it was all greys, blacks and white. Daytona still available.
Old 02-01-2015, 06:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Alex313
Not sure if Audi will follow suit, but in the UK, the facelift cars are now available in 2 reds, garnet and misano. Previously it was all greys, blacks and white. Daytona still available.
I checked the 2016 A6 Order Guide for the US; following are the colors offered for the A6:

Aviator Blue metallic
Brilliant Black
Dakota Gray metallic
Florett Silver metallic
Glacier White metallic
Havanna Black metallic
Ibis White
Moonlight Blue metallic
Mythos Black metallic
Oolong Gray metallic
Tornado Gray metallic

No Daytona Gray and no reds at all, apparently.
Old 02-01-2015, 10:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
I checked the 2016 A6 Order Guide for the US; following are the colors offered for the A6:

Aviator Blue metallic
Brilliant Black
Dakota Gray metallic
Florett Silver metallic
Glacier White metallic
Havanna Black metallic
Ibis White
Moonlight Blue metallic
Mythos Black metallic
Oolong Gray metallic
Tornado Gray metallic

No Daytona Gray and no reds at all, apparently.
That's a shame, the reds look really good with the black optic pack. It's a pretty boring palette. Even the blues are playing it safe, one being almost gray and the other being almost black.
Old 02-02-2015, 06:24 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by Alex313
That's a shame, the reds look really good with the black optic pack. It's a pretty boring palette. Even the blues are playing it safe, one being almost gray and the other being almost black.
Good to know. My S6 was ordered with Misano & Black Optics. I haven't actually seen that color in person so I was just crossing my fingers...

Quick Reply: Fate of Daytona Gray in 2016?