Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Get yer' Prepaid Audi Connect!

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2014, 03:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by RogerJ
My Lycamobile worked fine until August. Then it just stopped working even though I still show over $35 on my account. I contacted Customer Service via phone and got a non-sensical response. I tried again via email and got this:

Upon checking your account i could see that you are using pay as you go with us. However, the reason to why you are not able to use data is that we do not support pay as you go anymore. We have stopped the pay as you go and use only plans with Lycamobile. So you will be able to use data if you are on a plan, but with pay as you go you could only use calls and texts.

Anyone else have their Lycamobile service terminated? No offer of a refund either.
Did you read post 312?
Old 10-18-2014, 07:30 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My lyca sim is still working and using up the credits I had in the account. Once that money is used up I'll make the switch to truphone.
Old 10-22-2014, 02:01 PM
AudiWorld Member

My Lyca account also still working. So it sounds like once the account runs out there is no way to recharge … unfortunate
Old 10-22-2014, 02:12 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by mike-nd
My Lyca account also still working. So it sounds like once the account runs out there is no way to recharge … unfortunate
I tried several different approaches, even visited a LycaMobile dealer and was never able to get it to work. I gave up and bought Truphone. Easy to install, worked right away and the costs are reasonable--for an occasional user as I am--only 9-cents per MB. LycaMobile sucks, Truphone Rocks!
Old 10-23-2014, 02:15 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Lycamobile has responded and they will be pocketing my money. To quote an email from them:
"Thank you for contacting Lycamobile.

Having investigated your request with regards to a refund of the remaining balance to the original bank card.
Unfortunately this procedure is not possible as per the Terms and Conditions of Lycamobile, we are unable to do partial refunds of credit balance."

So they took my money, elected not to provide the service, and will be keeping my money.

Nice company...
Old 03-03-2015, 08:15 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Hi guys,

Just wanted to check if anyone has done the truphone hack this year (2015) before I go ahead and order. The last confirmed "it works" message was back in October of last year so I thought I'd check. Please post any updates if anything (eg. any of the instructions) has changed.

Thanks!!

Last edited by jcamber; 03-03-2015 at 09:40 AM.
Old 03-03-2015, 08:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hack? If you mean just using a Truphone sim then all the people in this thread are happily using them or you would have heard something. If you have a new 4G MMI, you won't get 4G. I have three Truphone sims. One in my Audi and two in unlocked AT&T iphones. One of those is a 5S, hence the 4G test at least in that scenario. Doesn't matter as they are kid's phones who 95% use wifi, calls and SMS since the data is expensive.

When you configure the Truphone sim, turn off roaming in the MMI beforehand. Seems to give a better chance of locking/configuring to TMobile's new 3G network instead of Edge.
Old 03-27-2015, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi all,

first of all thanks for all the helpful info in this thread. I went ahead and ordered my SIM from truphone, received it, installed/configured it and it's up and running. Then I tried to register it at myaudiconnect.com but when I enter the SIM number I get an "Invalid SIM format" error. Has anyone seen this before? my understanding is that once your account is setup at myaudiconnect you can use the MMI connect iphone app and also the send to car from google maps, correct?

thanks!
Old 03-27-2015, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

You won't be able to use the Audi Connect with that sim as far as I know. Audi has it's deal with T-Mobile and won't register any other carriers sim. Unless I'm totally worng.

The idea of the Truphone sim is so that you can at least use Google Maps and make the car a Hot Spot without having to shell out $30 a month to Audi for the pleasure.
Old 03-27-2015, 07:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Calimus
You won't be able to use the Audi Connect with that sim as far as I know. Audi has it's deal with T-Mobile and won't register any other carriers sim. Unless I'm totally worng.

The idea of the Truphone sim is so that you can at least use Google Maps and make the car a Hot Spot without having to shell out $30 a month to Audi for the pleasure.
Ah ok, that explains it. Thanks for the clarification. Yes, the cost is definitely worth what I get, the hotspot and the google search functionality. Thanks!

Quick Reply: Get yer' Prepaid Audi Connect!