Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Happy birthday to meeee!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-12-2016, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Happy birthday to meeee!!!!

Bumper to bumper traffic in NorCal; I'm stopped in the slow lane behind an SUV when suddenly I hear/feel a big hit from behind. A Ford Ranger truck belonging to a construction company apparently did not notice me being stopped Second time in less than a year that I am getting rear ended!

The bumper has split above and below the cavity; nasty 4-5" gashes. The trunk appears to have curved a bit and the latch mechanism is bent; closing the trunk is a chore. You can see how uneven it sits when closed in the pictures below. I don't know if there's any other damage but I am sure there's more hidden :\

Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-r7ubdid.jpg
Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-m7c4a7r.jpg
Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-egffsup.jpg

Contrary to what the license plate frame says - I do give a ****
Old 02-13-2016, 02:28 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 882 Likes on 721 Posts

Sorry to hear about the accident.

Great license plate frame.
Old 02-13-2016, 03:58 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

That sucks! I know what it's like...my old 08 Impala SS was rear ended when it was less than a week old....and then got hit in the rear three more times!
Old 02-13-2016, 05:31 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Sorry to hear that.

I was rearended in a less than 5 month old 2016 A6. The person who rearended me did not have insurance. But the car owner (fiance) had one. PA law follows the driver, not the car... So the deductible was out if pocket...

Hope you don't have enough much insurance problems. What a waste of time and effort.
Old 02-13-2016, 06:14 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Really sorry to hear/see that. I feel your pain and it is a pain in the ***. Took delivery on my 2015 July 17 last year. An inattentive jackass backed into me in a parking lot on Sept 26. Guy says I hit him. No witnesses or camera footage. Police report says cause of accident is "inconclusive". I get to pay the deductible. New hood, new right front headlight plus paint job. People are just careless, reckless, very inattentive and just plain old don't give a crap. Again I feel your pain.... Good luck!

Last edited by DanfZX14; 02-13-2016 at 12:16 PM.
Old 02-13-2016, 10:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Some day time images of the damage; yeah - it's pretty bad :\

Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-d9pnhlc.jpg
Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-1nmu60g.jpg
Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-angqusb.jpg
Happy birthday to meeee!!!!-p2wuayp.jpg
Old 02-14-2016, 09:53 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 15 Likes on 8 Posts

Yeah really sorry to hear and see about the damage. Trunk not closing well eh? You think the misalignment is due to trunk itself getting shifted or the lower latch being the one out of place now?

Oh and happy belated birthday!
Old 02-14-2016, 10:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I had an A4 that was just cursed. I had multiple rear ends like you had, and the last straw was when the two bikes in my garage that were hanging from the ceiling decided that their hooks needed to rip out and land on my hood and roof.
Old 02-14-2016, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by IknowHuhA6
Yeah really sorry to hear and see about the damage. Trunk not closing well eh? You think the misalignment is due to trunk itself getting shifted or the lower latch being the one out of place now?

Oh and happy belated birthday!
Honestly I am not sure - it could be either one. To close the trunk now, I have to push on the latch so it will fit the slot; otherwise it hits the plastic guard.

Oh and thank you!

Originally Posted by HiTEC
I had an A4 that was just cursed. I had multiple rear ends like you had, and the last straw was when the two bikes in my garage that were hanging from the ceiling decided that their hooks needed to rip out and land on my hood and roof.
I currently have an A4... I managed to love tap an A7 on it due to my own fault (right turn; was checking for cross traffic and he was ahead of me; thought he went but... he didnt :\ ) and two days after that, a piece of plastic debris smashed into my car while going 70 with nowhere to go
Old 02-15-2016, 06:06 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Sorry to see your birthday present. Having been through a rear end bumper hit (not as badly as yours), it appears that not only is a new bumper cover will be required but the inner crash structure will need replacing as well. As to the trunk, it might be only a latch issue but could be the lid has been malformed requiring replacement as well. Hopefully, nothing structural has been damaged. Good luck. Been there, done that to the right side of my A6:

https://www.audiworld.com/forums/a6-...me-up-2886074/

Quick Reply: Happy birthday to meeee!!!!