Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Homelink

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2015, 04:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts
Default Homelink

I have programmed my 3 buttons on the Homelink interface and I wanted to point out that the programming sequence is the best, slickest system that I have ever used. My other cars have needed help or even a phone call to get programmed but the A6 is very well designed and interfaced via the MMI.
I do not like the ugly remotes hanging on the visor and I like the clean implementation of the feature. Does everyone use it and have you ever seen a better interface than the MMI for Homelink?
Old 08-14-2015, 08:38 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

DB22, i followed the instructions on the homelink website and also via mmi to program my garage door. I have not had full success.

I will say i did wipe all the buttons and programmed it again according to the homelink site and will see if it works today.

I will update here if it doesnt and see how you got it going. I have a rolling code chamberlain door opener.
Old 08-14-2015, 08:41 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by porksoda
DB22, i followed the instructions on the homelink website and also via mmi to program my garage door. I have not had full success.

I will say i did wipe all the buttons and programmed it again according to the homelink site and will see if it works today.

I will update here if it doesnt and see how you got it going. I have a rolling code chamberlain door opener.
Did you press the button on the garage door opener case? When pressed, you have about 3 minutes to program the Homelink in the car,
Old 08-14-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I programmed via the remote - I followed the bouncing ball in the MMI for button 2 and then walked around the front of the car and pointed the remote at the rings from about 6 inches away. Holding the remote button for 10 to 20 seconds the DRL's flashed 3 times indicating that the code was accepted. This was also Chamberlain rolling code. I also programmed a security gate the same way. Unless you are at the door in question then you cannot answer the question as to whether it worked but I said yes anyway and then drove to the gate and garage door in question and they both worked.
Old 08-14-2015, 11:21 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DB22
I programmed via the remote - I followed the bouncing ball in the MMI for button 2 and then walked around the front of the car and pointed the remote at the rings from about 6 inches away. Holding the remote button for 10 to 20 seconds the DRL's flashed 3 times indicating that the code was accepted. This was also Chamberlain rolling code. I also programmed a security gate the same way. Unless you are at the door in question then you cannot answer the question as to whether it worked but I said yes anyway and then drove to the gate and garage door in question and they both worked.
Ah, i read that button 2 works best with rolling code, i have it setup for I so maybe thats what the problem is but i will check later today.

To program i followed similar instructions to you, i set button I in program mode held my garage door opener fob at the rings and held it until i saw the 3 lights and then pressed the I button twice. Once that happened i set the chamberlain into learn mode and went inside and pressed the button twice to learn it.

Initially when i did just the fob pressing part and no learn from garage door opener the door opener worked for half a day or so and stopped and later i found i have to hit the learn button for the car to adapt the rolling code.

Hopefully its working as when i left yesterday it worked just have to see if it continues to work.
Old 08-14-2015, 01:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't touch the learn button on the opener so I will test if it still works tomorrow
Old 08-14-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

Have to agree with the OP. Easiest I have programmed over my last 4-5 cars. Didn't even need to touch the learn button on the opener itself. Done and done in under 2 minutes total.
Old 08-14-2015, 03:54 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
I didn't touch the learn button on the opener so I will test if it still works tomorrow
I had to hit the opener button on my rolling setup or it wouldn't take in the car.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

My opener does work with I button so far. I followed the instructions from homelinks website and so far so good.

HomeLink
Old 08-15-2015, 06:11 PM
AudiWorld Member

Update: If i press the button once it doesn't really open the door, I have to press it again to open it OR i have to hold the button down to open it (separate occasion).

Is this normal behaviour or should i wipe and start over again?

Quick Reply: Homelink