Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

hopefully no one on this forum parks like this...

Search this Thread

Old 11-22-2014, 12:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 201 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by irenesbob
It still is not clear to me which of these cars was parked first. I think that fact has a lot to do with deciding which driver is the (bigger) butthole. So many folks will do anything to park right near the front, so that usually if you go back 10 rows or so, there are plenty of spaces where you won’t be as squeezed. I always look for an end spot so I can pull all the way to the side with just a lane next to me, then hope someone doesn’t cut the turn too close and hit me. Parking is so stressful if you care about your car.
I totally "get" why someone would want to take up two spaces to prevent idiots from damaging their nice car: there are so many people out there waiting to destroy anything that someone else has that they envy. I rarely take of two spots, but when I do it is at the farthest end of a big open lot so I am not taking a spot someone else wants or will use.
I have parked literally at the farthest spot in a suburban mall with zero cars around me when I park, only to return and to find a 30 year old rusty pickup parked inches away.
I can attest that the Audi was parked first...the other guy pulled in as such just to **** him off.

imho, the Audi driver lowered the bar for all of us and put us in the same general consensus as BMW drivers...who already seem to have a pretty low bar for respect, especially with regards to parking.

Agree that the move with the other driver was somewhat of a ***** move, but one which should at least clearly articulate to the Audi driver how much of an A$# he was for parking as such in the first place. And good luck to him getting into the car via the passenger side
Old 11-22-2014, 03:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I always park far from the front row and close to a concrete island so the spot next to my car has extra room to open their doors. So far so good, no door dings since new eight months ago. I've probably just jinxed myself.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:30 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

I have to admit, that I was somewhat disappointed that my 2012 A6 doesn't have side protecting molding on the doors and fenders like my 95 S6 does.

Last edited by engleg; 11-22-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 11-22-2014, 07:34 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

One thing's for certain - the Audi driver, once he goes through the contortions of entering through the passenger door and twisting himself over the console (no easy feat), he will have to retract his side mirrors to get out of there.
Old 11-24-2014, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Rjim
I always park far from the front row and close to a concrete island so the spot next to my car has extra room to open their doors. So far so good, no door dings since new eight months ago. I've probably just jinxed myself.
Exactly what I look for... My wife calls out the "Timmy Spot". I always look for the spot where someone can only park on one side whenever possible.
Old 11-24-2014, 06:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by TJKs '02 2.7T
Exactly what I look for... My wife calls out the "Timmy Spot". I always look for the spot where someone can only park on one side whenever possible.
And the side you'd like to have them park on, is your drivers side. Most of your dents will occur on your passenger side, maybe because every car has a driver but lots of cars have no passenger, so that also puts the odds in your favor. I would think drivers would be more careful to not ding the car next to them, but that does not seem to be the case.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:02 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

To me it looks like the Audi driver can't get out. The side mirrors looked retract and the other cars side mirror is in front of it. If he wants to get out, he'll have to break the other cars mirror.
Old 11-24-2014, 09:25 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by mrpeeng
To me it looks like the Audi driver can't get out. The side mirrors looked retract and the other cars side mirror is in front of it. If he wants to get out, he'll have to break the other cars mirror.
Unless the Audi has a foot or two to back up and maneuver around the other guy's mirrors.

I understand the Audi driver is a dink but the other driver is equally so for choosing to park so close to "teach him a lesson". He's opening himself up to retribution by the Audi dink if he returns first. Two dinks, two dents. No one wins. They deserve each other.