Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Injen intake installed...Awesome!

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2013, 07:08 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I kept the cold air box (lower left) and added some 2 1/2" air-conditioner insulation to keep the dust and excess hot engine bay air out while letting the sound go toward the passengers. Normally, there is a 1" gap around the tube and air box opening. I think I might also drill out some holes on the front of the air box facing the front grill for added cold in-flow.
Attached Images  

Last edited by JerryS4; 04-02-2013 at 10:14 AM.
The following 2 users liked this post by JerryS4:
D W (10-29-2020), RCR007 (04-11-2020)
Old 04-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by JerryS4
I kept the cold air box (lower left) and added some 2 1/2" air-conditioner insulation to keep the dust and excess hot engine bay air out while letting the sound go toward the passengers. Normally, there is a 1" gap around the tube and air box opening. I think I might also drill out some holes on the front of the air box facing the front grill for added cold in-flow.
Hi i am looking at ordering one of these intakes on line, i see you say its easy to fit which is good not that mechnical but just wondering about the insulation. I assume that did not come with the intake, how have you held it in place? Also did it reduce the supercharger sound thank you
Old 04-03-2013, 03:47 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I got the wide 2 1/2" insulation from a Home Center store and it just gets pushed into place and stays. Sound is not cut as far as I can tell. I just did not want hot air to get into the engine.
Old 04-09-2013, 04:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I got the wide 2 1/2" insulation from a Home Center store and it just gets pushed into place and stays. Sound is not cut as far as I can tell. I just did not want hot air to get into the engine.
thanks for the info, i am just about to order one and will see how it goes
Old 04-09-2013, 05:37 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

I have to buy the intake from USA can not get it in Austraia, can you tell me where did you get yours and is it wrinkle black that you purchased? Thanks
Old 04-29-2013, 02:11 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by gemunji
I have to buy the intake from USA can not get it in Austraia, can you tell me where did you get yours and is it wrinkle black that you purchased? Thanks
I just recieved my intake from the USA looking forward to installing on weekend
Attached Images  
Old 05-03-2013, 12:27 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Default Injen Intake for Sale

Though the intake is awesome, I'm going to be selling the one I bought. It's the chrome version and I have about 1800 miles on it. If you're in the Orange County, CA area or willing to drive and pick it up, I'll let it go for $125 ($240 new). PM if you're interested.

Thanks...
Old 05-04-2013, 05:04 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Sickler
Though the intake is awesome, I'm going to be selling the one I bought. It's the chrome version and I have about 1800 miles on it. If you're in the Orange County, CA area or willing to drive and pick it up, I'll let it go for $125 ($240 new). PM if you're interested.

Thanks...
PM sent
Old 05-05-2013, 04:20 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

I just recieved my intake from the USA looking forward to installing on weekend
i installed the intake today and it was pretty easy and it sounds so cool, worth the money that is for sure combined with the stasis exhaust it is just what i was looking for.
Old 05-06-2013, 04:44 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

i installed the intake today and it was pretty easy and it sounds so cool, worth the money that is for sure combined with the stasis exhaust it is just what i was looking for.
+1. I threw mine on this weekend. Easy to do, and it really seems to wake up the supercharger from a sound aspect. I too have the Stasis exahust so the car is feeling alive. Now I need the ECU and I think my performance modding will be set for a while.

Quick Reply: Injen intake installed...Awesome!