Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Keyless entry lock/ unlock sensor standard in Premium Plus?

Search this Thread

Old 04-14-2012, 06:48 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Keyless entry lock/ unlock sensor standard in Premium Plus?

I've got a 2012 C7.

Is this feature standard on a Audi Premium plus? I touch the sensor on the door handle, and it should lock and unlock the car, no? I do not see this option (convenience key?) on any of the Audi 'build it yourself' packages on the website, so I assume it is a standard feature.

Is there something I am missing here?

thanks
Old 04-14-2012, 07:30 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Your car most likely has just keyless start. You would need the Advanced Key option to have the doors unlock/lock by touching them. It is disappointing that a $55k car doesn't have it, my wife's Prius has it.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:36 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by kenbob
Your car most likely has just keyless start. You would need the Advanced Key option to have the doors unlock/lock by touching them. It is disappointing that a $55k car doesn't have it, my wife's Prius has it.
Yeah, I was showing the advanced key off to a friend and she said "oh yeah we have that on the Prius" I was floored. I hate that damn car, but it does come well equipped.
Old 04-14-2012, 07:44 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by kenbob
^^^ +1

Neurobit
Old 04-14-2012, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by the_shindogg
I've got a 2012 C7.

Is this feature standard on a Audi Premium plus? I touch the sensor on the door handle, and it should lock and unlock the car, no? I do not see this option (convenience key?) on any of the Audi 'build it yourself' packages on the website, so I assume it is a standard feature.

Is there something I am missing here?

thanks
On the 2012 model Advanced Key (Keyless Entry + Start) is only standard on Prestige Model. Premium & Premium+ only get Keyless Start

On the 2013 model Advanced Key is standard on Prestige & Prem+ Models

You can look at the Order Guide on this Thread (Post#8): https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2824960

Last edited by manishaudi; 04-14-2012 at 07:54 PM.
Old 04-15-2012, 06:15 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ridiculous. 55K don't get that much these days I guess. My previous car was a 2000 E350. The A6 beats it in every possible way, but stupid (should be standard) conveniences were left out. No one (except maybe some select peeps on this forum) gets the prestige.

anyway thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by the_shindogg
Ridiculous. 55K don't get that much these days I guess. My previous car was a 2000 E350. The A6 beats it in every possible way, but stupid (should be standard) conveniences were left out. No one (except maybe some select peeps on this forum) gets the prestige.

anyway thanks everyone for confirming my suspicions.
Lol I dont know if no one gets the prestige. I've probably seen more Prestige vehicles than not in my area.
Old 04-18-2012, 10:33 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I find it riduculous as well. I inquired at the dealership and it can't be added either.
Old 08-19-2012, 06:17 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by manishaudi
On the 2012 model Advanced Key (Keyless Entry + Start) is only standard on Prestige Model. Premium & Premium+ only get Keyless Start

On the 2013 model Advanced Key is standard on Prestige & Prem+ Models

You can look at the Order Guide on this Thread (Post#8): https://www.audiworld.com/forums/sho....php?t=2824960
I'm confused. Just picked up my wife a '12 Prem plus and it has the small squares on the door to lock unlock the car, why would they be there if it doesn't have advanced key?
Old 08-19-2012, 06:27 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by gehmjc21
I'm confused. Just picked up my wife a '12 Prem plus and it has the small squares on the door to lock unlock the car, why would they be there if it doesn't have advanced key?
What you are seeing are just the outlines of the squares since they share the handles with the other models. The advanced key models would probably have different color inserts on those squares if Audis are like other brands (I have really not paid attention).

The one thing that I don't like is not having a place for the key since you have to take it out of your pocket to unlock the car. IMO they should have gone the route of prior models like my wife's 2011 Q5. You must plug the key in and push to start. I would have liked that approach since the key stays secure instead of sliding around in the center console. When you are done driving you just remove the key and get out of the car.

With advanced start, this is a non-issue. Glad the Prem+ now has this standard.

Neurobit

Quick Reply: Keyless entry lock/ unlock sensor standard in Premium Plus?