Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

License Plate Holder Help

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2014, 09:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I also had one of those retaining squares falling behind the bracket. I was able to fish it out with a strong magnet, but it took probably an 30-40 minutes of patient work. Then I went to the dealer and wanted to purchase a new set of retainers, but they told me I can only buy the entire assembly with the plate bracket. I thought the price was too steep for such a minor thing and just resorted to using 3 screws on my plate, rather than 4.

If Pep Boys sell retainer clips that work, I will be sure to stop by.
Old 03-11-2014, 09:18 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by SmokingTires
I also had one of those retaining squares falling behind the bracket. I was able to fish it out with a strong magnet, but it took probably an 30-40 minutes of patient work. Then I went to the dealer and wanted to purchase a new set of retainers, but they told me I can only buy the entire assembly with the plate bracket. I thought the price was too steep for such a minor thing and just resorted to using 3 screws on my plate, rather than 4.

If Pep Boys sell retainer clips that work, I will be sure to stop by.
I got mine at O'Reilly
Old 03-11-2014, 10:27 AM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jake-AudiUSAParts
In this case he purchased the vehicle from a Lexus dealer who had nothing to do with the design of this car. Even if he had purchased the car from an Audi dealer, the dealer is not Audi, they sell Audi products. The important thing is a quality Audi dealer will stand behind the product as if they did design and manufacture it themselves, that is the sign of a good dealer, but they are not required or obligated to act as a representative of Audi of America. It is sad in my opinion that all dealers don't stand behind their products as if they were the manufacturer, but I guess they can't all be good.
I would have thought the dealer would have at least fixed it and billed Audi. It is Audi's screw up after all. But then again, with the BS Audi has put me through, I don't expect anything of them anymore. Could probably get better customer service from one of the Chinese manufacturers than Audi of America.