Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

massage seats for a6

Search this Thread

Old 08-13-2015, 09:43 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default massage seats for a6

I downloaded the myAudi IQ iPad app and was perusing the A6. I noticed a reference to massaging seats. That's pretty cool. Does that come standard with the Prestige package or is it an additional for-cost option? If it costs extra then how much does it cost? Also, how long has Audi had this option?
Old 08-14-2015, 03:12 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

A visit to the Audi USA website would tell you that it's part of the Contour Seating pkg for $3450. First available in MY2016.
Old 08-14-2015, 04:01 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by random512
I downloaded the myAudi IQ iPad app and was perusing the A6. I noticed a reference to massaging seats. That's pretty cool. Does that come standard with the Prestige package or is it an additional for-cost option? If it costs extra then how much does it cost? Also, how long has Audi had this option?
We just ordered a Prestige and opted out on the massage seats. We tried them at the dealership and found them to be a bit underwhelming, but I also get a deep tissue massage twice a month (I may have dulled my nerves and muscles in my back from the monthly punishment my massage therapist provides). That being said, my wife also found them to be rather weak (even on 5 intensity, which is the highest they go on a 1-5 scale) and she never gets a deep tissue massages and is lucky to weigh in at 120. I personally wanted to get them till I tried them. My mechanic works at an Audi dealership and services my car at his house. He said they are good, but not worth it if you don't care for them as it brings in more parts that "can" go bad and need replacing. Since we didn't feel they offered enough, we opted out to save some cash up front and in the long run. Now I'm sure there are others who will post and say they are awesome. To each his own...try them out and you may think they are the bomb!
Old 08-14-2015, 04:29 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Audi marketers have worked out that you can produce cars with very average seats and then charge an exorbitant fee to bring them up to the standard commensurate with the cars intended status. A car in this arena should have comfortable, luxury, heated and ventilated seats as standard. I agree that massaging seats should be an option but at $3450 Audi is taking some customers for a ride.
One good seat offering with a choice of massaging or not would be my preference but that would upset the German bean-counters.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:20 PM
AudiWorld Member

It's even worse because they force you to get the expensive Prestige package in order to be able to get other options that you want (such as the comfort seats and B&O), so effectively these options are even more expensive.

From my perspective, a luxury car must have excellent seats and a great sound system. Those are a big part of what makes it a luxury car, so you're essentially forced to pay for these options to get the full experience.

The comfort seating option really shouldn't be so expensive... It does come with better leather, but this leather should have been there even without this option - it's an expensive car.
Old 08-14-2015, 10:32 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Seems like taking a date home in an A6 with the B&O sound system and massage seats could almost be considered foreplay. I'll have to check out the massage seats. My current A6 should be ready for pickup in about 1 week but I may want to get massage seats in my next Audi
Old 08-14-2015, 10:40 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Audi marketers have worked out that you can produce cars with very average seats and then charge an exorbitant fee to bring them up to the standard commensurate with the cars intended status. A car in this arena should have comfortable, luxury, heated and ventilated seats as standard. I agree that massaging seats should be an option but at $3450 Audi is taking some customers for a ride.
One good seat offering with a choice of massaging or not would be my preference but that would upset the German bean-counters.
When i was looking for a new vehicle to replace my 5 series, i was pretty set on the benz e-class. I can tell you their top of the line seat that had powered bolsters and massage seats were so darn uncomfortable that it made for a very sour test drive (adding insult to injury was the v8 felt numb and shifting was horridly slow).

Point being when i did try out the a6 i was sold. Seats were comfortable as hell (mrs insisted they were far more comfortable than the benz, and i agreed) and the car felt nimble, swift, and responsive.

I do agree audi at this price point should have top of the line seats standard as all e550s came with the top of the line seats standard in canada. But comparing seats the A6 2012-2015 seats are far more comfortable compared to the top of the line benz seats.

I was skeptical about the Bang & Olufsen audio system, but as an audio enthusiast for the first time in my life i am very very happy and satisfied with the audio in the car.
Old 08-15-2015, 03:05 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Compare the overall price of the car with these options and you'll find it is not out of line with a similar equipped BMW or Mercedes. I had a BMW 550 with the high line seats and they were very expensive. I priced out a 535 with similar options as an A6 and the 535 is more expensive.
Old 08-16-2015, 04:03 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

When I tested the E350 the sales guy told me that the seats were not real leather but they were just as good! Yes, they may perform as well but I like the real thing, just like I don't like fake wood.
A new Jag has the best new car smell with real wood and real leather conditioned for the experience of luxury.
Old 08-16-2015, 05:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

The A6 only has leather seating "surfaces" which I take to mean some of the pieces that touch the body. The rest is "fake" leather.

Quick Reply: massage seats for a6