Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

MMI 715-2 Update

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2014, 06:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by qqq1970
Curious if customer has to pay for the update.
I tried the bluetooth issues and no bite.

Use the random pop in the speakers excuse. It's on the list of reasons that forces them to do the update. There's no way to replicate it so they pretty much have to take your word for it. This took me from 489 to 715-2.

Last edited by Glacier6; 10-20-2014 at 07:34 PM.
Old 10-20-2014, 12:49 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Software Updates in Canada

Originally Posted by mdkv5
I finally managed to get the update; it only took a few month and a change... what a stupid process.
Thanks to bogachev77 for confirming he got the update up here. For anyone else in Canada the TSB number I got on the workorder is:
"Update k0715 TSB-2032856/3"
Hi mdkv5.
I'm in the Vancouver BC area and I've tried a couple of time with our local Audi dealers before, but to no avail. Like you said - a stupid process indeed!

Good to know you've got it though, finally. 2 questions, if you could help me:
1) did you have to refer to any particular issues or complains pertaining to MMI or audio in order to get them to update this for you?
2) where in Canada are you?

Thanks.
Old 10-20-2014, 05:23 PM
AudiWorld Member

I think it's rediculous that you have to beg to get an update for a car that you spent $60K+ on.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:11 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_aip
Hi mdkv5.
I'm in the Vancouver BC area and I've tried a couple of time with our local Audi dealers before, but to no avail. Like you said - a stupid process indeed!

Good to know you've got it though, finally. 2 questions, if you could help me:
1) did you have to refer to any particular issues or complains pertaining to MMI or audio in order to get them to update this for you?
2) where in Canada are you?

Thanks.
1) You have to refer to one (or multiple) issues and reproduce them.
2) GTA
Old 10-21-2014, 08:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

1) You have to refer to one (or multiple) issues and reproduce them.
I don't think you have to be able to reproduce them, per se - just mention issues that appear somewhere in a TSB. I told them that the software exhibited glitches (which is true) where it would occasionally take 5-10 times longer to boot up than normal, then start the current song from the beginning and turn off the random play setting. I also told them it wouldn't play nicely with an iPhone 5 (supposedly true, but since I don't have one it's a moot point) and that the bass response was lacking (an earlier "Comfort Systems" update already improved this significantly, but I threw it in there anyway). The dealer found these issues addressed somewhere in their system and did the upgrade without any complaint.
Old 10-21-2014, 11:29 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

If the person you are dealing with is not an asshat then yes, simply citing the issue should suffice. Unfortunately that's up to luck, so better to go in armed to the teeth.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

If the person you are dealing with is not an asshat then yes, simply citing the issue should suffice. Unfortunately that's up to luck, so better to go in armed to the teeth.
Thank you very much for that TSB you posted. I emailed that number to my service adviser, who has been real nice to me except when it comes to MMI software upgrades as it's something that's out of his hands.

lo & behold, he just called me back to thank me for doing the research and coming up with the TSB which he says is indeed applicable to my MY2012 A7. He's booked me in for the upgrade in mid Nov. No question asked.

What a great forum we have here, with such info sharing! Thank you mdkv.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:04 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts

While you're in there anyway, make a complaint about lack of bass response and quote TSB 2034360/2 that applies to the Comfort Control Module. The update actually does improve things considerably.
Old 10-21-2014, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by DeerHunter
While you're in there anyway, make a complaint about lack of bass response and quote TSB 2034360/2 that applies to the Comfort Control Module. The update actually does improve things considerably.
I sure will, DeerHunter, thanks. Wow, see what I meant about the members on here!? I'll be sure to post a feedback in mid Nov after getting these TSBs in order.

Thank you all!
Old 10-22-2014, 03:53 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by ben_aip
I sure will, DeerHunter, thanks. Wow, see what I meant about the members on here!? I'll be sure to post a feedback in mid Nov after getting these TSBs in order.

Thank you all!
I had that done with the Bose and it's like a totally new system. Unbelievable difference. Prior to that I was seriously looking at retrofitting subwoofers, etc. I'm glad I didn't spend the money and had that TSB done.

Quick Reply: MMI 715-2 Update