Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Motion sensor trunk release

Search this Thread

Old 08-25-2014, 05:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by u2jrmw
That post is a little inconclusive. Others have mentioned they suspect it is managed by the parking sensors.
I confess that was my theory but actually I think we've pretty conclusively established that it's this:
Code:
   Subsystem 5 - Part No SW: 3AA 962 243 D    HW: 3AA 962 243 D
   Component: GEB.F.Heckoef  H16 0811
The key part is the "GEB.F.Heckoef", the subsystem #, exact part #, and SW/HW numbers may vary, but that's the kicker sensor.

You'll find this under your 0x46 Central Convenience module:
Code:
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Address 46: Central Conv. (J393)       Labels: 4H0-907-064-46.clb
   Part No SW: 4H0 907 064 ER    HW: 4H0 907 064 ER
   Component: BCM2 2.0      H36 0521
Again, exact part #s and revisions vary.
Old 10-17-2014, 06:22 AM
AudiWorld Member

Rehashing...

So on my car I was messing around and have figured out that if I stand behind the right inner parking sensor (right leg behind the sensor directly) and move my leg forward and back like it says, the trunk opens every time. Not between the two inner sensors, directly behind the right inner sensor. Of course with the car locked and the key in my pocket.

FYI...
Old 10-17-2014, 07:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

During my recent 15K service I asked them about this feature. They updated firmware, tested it, printed the official Audi technical doc and the operational doc. When I went to pick the car up the service guy had the tech show me. It never worked, not even once. It will occasionally pop the trunk by accident but never when I want it to.
The advantage of this feature over the disadvantage of leaving it at the dealer is not worth me being without my car.
This feature has allowed me to justify my expenditure as dancing lessons that come with a free car.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:43 AM
AudiWorld Member

I have a 2016 S6 Prestige, and this worked perfectly for me (just discovered today that it even did this...)
Old 02-01-2016, 07:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
This feature has allowed me to justify my expenditure as dancing lessons that come with a free car.
Hopefully, your lessons included the Hokey Pokey.
Old 02-01-2016, 10:33 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
Hopefully, your lessons included the Hokey Pokey.
I used to be addicted to the Hokey Pokey...

but then I turned myself around.
Old 02-02-2016, 03:13 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

I have given up on my Hokey Pokey lessons as they have proved to be useless but my system has never worked when I wanted it to but it frequently works when I pump gas:
I get out of the car with the fob in my pocket, the car is still unlocked, walk around the back to the pump and filler door, as I pass the rear of the car I hold my credit card and I am about to insert it into the pump and the trunk opens. I have also had the trunk open when walking past the rear of the car when it is in my garage.
The pumping gas scenario was repeated yesterday and there was an Audi that pulled up to a pump behind me. My trunk opened, I inserted my credit card and then stepped back to close the trunk. As I closed it, we made eye contact and I just knew what he was thinking: yes I know that feature well, mine does it too!
Old 02-03-2016, 03:15 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

That was exactly why my shaking foot trunk thingie was disabled. My guess is some of the sensors were either mis-installed, over/under sensitive or just plain haunted. Either way, the feature was never important enough for me to chase down the cause with my dealer. Or find a witch doctor/shaman/exorcist/advanced dance instructor.
Old 02-03-2016, 06:02 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

No kidding, it works for me 19/20 times I use it. Pretty easy. Love it and use it every day. Once I used a spray wash bay and it popped the trunk (could've been I accidentally pressed it in my pocket).
Old 02-04-2016, 04:13 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 19 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by schalliol
No kidding, it works for me 19/20 times I use it. Pretty easy. Love it and use it every day. Once I used a spray wash bay and it popped the trunk (could've been I accidentally pressed it in my pocket).
This has happened to me with my car. When spray washing the car the trunk opened three times. Luckily it did not open in a regular automatic car wash. Mine works easily if I try to open the trunk using my foot but this is, in my opinion, one of those "what were they thinking?" features. I wish I could easily deactivate it. I already have a button on the key fob, and can open the trunk by pressing the switch at the rear. Just because you can doesn't mean you should. When these types of things (minor trinkets) show up in cars it shows that they are really struggling to come up with something meaningful/useful.

Quick Reply: Motion sensor trunk release