Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

New 2016 A6 from dealer that will answer no questions

Search this Thread

Old 01-30-2016, 02:06 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default New 2016 A6 from dealer that will answer no questions

Firstly, a big Thank You to all the decent people on this website who have provided a couple of rudimentary questions about an A6 that I just got.
On the day I picked up my new steed I went back and tried to talk to one of the mechanics but was promptly told I had to direct any questions to the service manager. Ok, I find the service manager as I have done some of the wrenching on my own cars so instead of having to crawl all over the car or drag out the owners manual, I thought he'd give me the skinny on the headlights, I have the standard bulbs on my A6, not the LEDs so my question (one of them) was, what are the bulb numbers for the high/low beams on the car, also if he had any knowledge about the warranty if I change out the interior bulbs to the Precision.com interior bulbs. I used to think that the Precision.com interior car bulbs were just a rip off but I did spring for them and IMO although they aren't cheap I think they work very well, much better than the factory bulbs. Lastly, can I swap out the dip stick wire measurement tool that comes on some of the European A6 models instead of the silly little cap that comes on the USA & Canada models we get here so we can't check the oil level on our A6 cars we get here. I was told that he would be breaking the law if he disclosed any of that information to me! I asked him when the United States government made it illegal for the owner of a car to ask the stealership any technical questions about a brand new car that had just been purchased. Needless to say I was pissed and for a grown man to make a statement like that just told me this guys a jackass, no other way to say it. And after that he asked me why I needed to know anyways, at which point I asked him for his cell number so that if I ever had a blown headlight or needed a quart of oil I'd just call his house at 2am as many times I get calls that need for me to get in my car and drive to where the problem is at all hours of the day and in the middle of the night. Of course they want you to bring your car to them for repair but instructing your employees to purposely be as unhelpful to the consumer to the extent of not answering their questions so that some old lady or man or whomever must call or come to the dealer is sheer madness. So, if any of you folks have the answer to my questions I will truly be great full and while I'd like to write down the name of the dealer right here I don't want to get sued and these jerks would do it and if you live in the NYC metro area you Already know who it is. Thank you in advance.
Old 01-30-2016, 02:41 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Dipstick

You can buy a dipstick from ECS tuning, and probably other sources.
Sometimes the guys in the parts department are friendlier and more knowledgeable than the service advisors.
Congratulations on the new car!
Old 01-30-2016, 04:11 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Welcome to teh forum.

I bought my dip stick on eBay for $18 shipped. I have the 3.0L gas engine. I just checked it yesterday and it still works.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/281787923155?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT
The headlight bulb for 2015 is D3S. IDK if it changed with the facelift.
Check it and other bulbs here -> https://www.sylvania.com/en-us/appli...n.aspx#fldYear

I don't see how changing a interior LED would void anything but don't tell Audi. They will use it as a excuse to deny warranty work if they think you're dumb enough to believe their fairy tale.
Old 01-30-2016, 06:53 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

A bit of advice here. Getting sideways with a service manager after buying a new car is probably not a great idea. Even if he was unhelpful (and it's always difficult to know both sides of a story in posts like this), getting on his bad side probably won't serve you well in the future when you need some extra help or consideration. Best to win a jerk over than telling him you would call him in the middle of the night. Just a thought.

And I agree - service managers usually are required to tow the Audi company line and a parts manager is often better suited to help with questions like these. Or better yet, ask here in the forums. Also try to break up long posts with a few paragraphs - makes it easier to read.
Old 01-30-2016, 07:32 PM
AudiWorld Member

Well said!
Old 02-01-2016, 09:07 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by 1guitar
Firstly, a big Thank You to all the decent people on this website who have provided a couple of rudimentary questions about an A6 that I just got.
On the day I picked up
Which dealer?
Thanks
Old 02-04-2016, 09:27 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Originally Posted by snagitseven
A bit of advice here. Getting sideways with a service manager after buying a new car is probably not a great idea. Even if he was unhelpful (and it's always difficult to know both sides of a story in posts like this), getting on his bad side probably won't serve you well in the future when you need some extra help or consideration. Best to win a jerk over than telling him you would call him in the middle of the night. Just a thought.

And I agree - service managers usually are required to tow the Audi company line and a parts manager is often better suited to help with questions like these. Or better yet, ask here in the forums. Also try to break up long posts with a few paragraphs - makes it easier to read.

What a load of crap. Why do we continue to enable these kinds of folks? This guy just dropped probably $60k on a new high end car, the service manager should be respectful, helpful and provide good customer service, not a bunch of lies.
Old 02-04-2016, 10:50 AM
AudiWorld Member

Your best bet on the bulb question would probably have been the website of one of the bulb manufacturers like Sylvania. Personally I think you were asking too much of the service manager. No way he would know or be willing to answer questions about retrofitting non-OEM parts onto the vehicle. It sounds like he had a bit of attitude and may have been prone to exaggerate WRT breaking the law, but IMO it wasn't something to get hot and bothered about.
Old 02-04-2016, 11:30 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by cschmelz
What a load of crap. Why do we continue to enable these kinds of folks? This guy just dropped probably $60k on a new high end car, the service manager should be respectful, helpful and provide good customer service, not a bunch of lies.
Excuse me. Were you responding to my post or the OP's?