Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Placed an order for 2016 A6

Search this Thread

Old 03-20-2015, 08:51 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The new ED documents list 11-15 weeks for delivery in US after drop off in Europe.
Old 03-25-2015, 12:56 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by jasonlitka
Forever, then a bit longer.

I got that email on 2/23 and my car didn't actually get loaded onto a ship until 3/6.
I just got this:

"The production of your Audi A6 is complete and scheduled to leave for the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi A6. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery."

I suppose that means it is in port but based on what jasonlitka said above it can be a couple weeks to load it on a ship for the US.
Old 03-25-2015, 02:45 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by toramo1
I just got this:

"The production of your Audi A6 is complete and scheduled to leave for the United States. Soon, you’ll be behind the wheel of your custom-ordered and uniquely personal Audi A6. Once your vehicle arrives in the United States, I’ll contact you to schedule your delivery."

I suppose that means it is in port but based on what jasonlitka said above it can be a couple weeks to load it on a ship for the US.
Yes, that's the same message I got on March 16th and when I contacted the dealer, they told me eta for arrival is April 20th.
So about a month before we get our cars.
Old 03-30-2015, 04:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 17 Likes on 16 Posts

Originally Posted by Andrei
Yes, that's the same message I got on March 16th and when I contacted the dealer, they told me eta for arrival is April 20th.
So about a month before we get our cars.
If you don't mind asking what was your custom order?
What was the cost for the customization?
I appreciate it.
Old 03-31-2015, 07:16 AM
AudiWorld Member

My car was not custom. It's Prestige, S-Line with 19" wheels, drivers assistance, cold weather and the unknown thing for me was the multi-contour seats (have not seen them in person) but assume that they are what's shown in this video:
Old 04-23-2015, 04:17 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hi guys, don't know how close you're to getting your cars. I'm picking up mine this afternoon. Very excited. At least exterior color wise, I saw a Tornado Gray already and it's exactly what I expected. Hope the seats will be what I expect.
Old 04-23-2015, 02:35 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

We're on our way to place an order tonight, so we're not too far behind! 3.0 Quattro Prestige package with Driver Assistance, Cold Weather, and rear side airbags....Dakota Grey over Nougat. Glad to read that we can get email production schedule updates!

The A6 replaces a totaled MB E Class for her. I have a '15 BMW 2 Series, so this is our first Audi. She loved the test drive and was surprised at how great this car felt compared to the MBs she's known.
Old 04-23-2015, 04:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Sportstick, good luck with the order.
I've owned my share of Audis but this one is by far the best car I've owned (for the first 3 hours ).
Drove the car from the dealer home and could not stop smiling. The car is everything I expected and the Multi-contour seats are really great and massage function really does massage! Will share the opinion when drive the car more on the weekend
Old 04-23-2015, 06:04 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Great to hear Andrei ! I'm still about 6 weeks out from the same excitement which is steadily building... Ordered 2016 3.0T Prestige, S-line Sports with 20" bi-color 5star design wheel (cool look but no doubt some work to clean) and Drivers Assistance pack, night vision, Florett silver Metallic and Nougat brown with Glossy walnut trim and metal S-line pedal covers for both active pedals and the dead foot rest.

Thought long and hard about B&O, but have it in my wife's 2015 prestige A4 and mostly we listen to music at home on a high end stereo and I'm often on NFL radio or other such thing in my car and the Bose isn't horrid and seems on par with the B&O in our 2015 prestige A4 in any event, though no doubt the A6 B&O is a nice cut above.

The multi contour seats are very nice too for sure, and a worthwhile upgrade, but I was impressed with the feel and comfort of the 'ventilated comfort seats', as they are described in the new brochure posted in early April on Audiusa.com for the 2016 A6 for the prestige A6 compared to the standard 2016 A6 seats which are decent but a bit stiffer and not as cushy or with as much side support as the ventilated comfort seats standard with the Prestige package, so after a test drive in those I felt confident they would be fine, even though not quite the lap of luxury as the multi-contours.

Anyway, have to head over to Amsterdam for a couple weeks on May 13 so the car will likely pass me on the sea as I fly over the other way and be ready to pick up not long after returning from EU...

Keep us posted on your discoveries with the new ride!
Hulamau

Current ETA from Neckarsulm to North Scottsdale Audi is early June

Last edited by Hulamau; 04-25-2015 at 11:36 AM.