Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

popular body mods/add-ons for A6?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 11:04 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default popular body mods/add-ons for A6?

I normally customize my car to make them mine and stand out from the crowd. Very mild/sleeper look that usually is performance leaning.

I have a white a6 prestige. I am going to do window tint and rims. Not sure on style but any popular brands to look for?

I am thinking intake/exhaust tips maybe muffler. Car is quiet now and sounds good not sure if want to swap in magnaflows like my last car. it started to drone as car got older but the new tips would look nice. Anyone have duals under the s-line bumper? Or fit bigger rounds? I have the gray diffuser with dual rounds now.

Intake? Are then any CAI for this ride?

Vagcom, where is bets place to buy cable/software?

Interior: I have sline and the steering wheel has a black spot where it should say s-line, any place to pick these up? are there any other subtle interior things for the car? Mine is tan with wood so carbon is out.

Exterior: Grill, I like the one I have but I have seen some that say quattro across the bottom and have honeycomb not lines. Mostly seen on S6/RS6 not sure are these for A6 too? Any brands to shop for?

Fog Lights, The bumpers seem to be begging for something in lower corners? Is there an RS6 upgrade to similar we can drop into the lower fog area?
Old 03-31-2015, 03:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1
I normally customize my car to make them mine and stand out from the crowd. Very mild/sleeper look that usually is performance leaning.

I have a white a6 prestige. I am going to do window tint and rims. Not sure on style but any popular brands to look for?

I am thinking intake/exhaust tips maybe muffler. Car is quiet now and sounds good not sure if want to swap in magnaflows like my last car. it started to drone as car got older but the new tips would look nice. Anyone have duals under the s-line bumper? Or fit bigger rounds? I have the gray diffuser with dual rounds now.

Interior: I have sline and the steering wheel has a black spot where it should say s-line, any place to pick these up? are there any other subtle interior things for the car? Mine is tan with wood so carbon is out.

Exterior: Grill, I like the one I have but I have seen some that say quattro across the bottom and have honeycomb not lines. Mostly seen on S6/RS6 not sure are these for A6 too? Any brands to shop for?

Fog Lights, The bumpers seem to be begging for something in lower corners? Is there an RS6 upgrade to similar we can drop into the lower fog area?
I have not seen S Line badge on the steering wheel in the US, only S6, S7 etc. E Bay may have one but I think that you have to remove the steering wheel to install it.

Vag Com = Ross Tech

Check my avatar for exhaust tips on an A6.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:39 AM
AudiWorld Member

Hmm I thought I saw that badge on quiet a few A6 tdi models. I checked e-bay no luck.
I probably can look up the audi part and buy direct if it is an easy install.

As for other badges. I am thinking I will get a cool S-LINE badge and mount to the front grill that way I am not posing it as an S6. It would be nice to have the honeycomb grill black with chrome surround and the quattro spelled out on the bottom. I saw somewhere I think Euro option for s6?
Old 03-31-2015, 10:56 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by jjcuff1

Here is my $.02 for what I have done.

Wheels. Can't help. I have the factory sport 20's and love them. I did buy 18' winters though from ECStuning. Cheap and does the trick for the application.

Exhaust. I have Stasis. They are a bit larger in diameter I believe and stick out a little from the difusser. I like the sound. Others complain about Drone. I think I have some, but I couldn't beat the price as I bought second hand. I think AWE or Milltek has one, but you are talking $3k before install.

Intake. I have an Injen intake. Love the sound as it feeds air to the system.

Vag Com. Ross Tech for sure. They are a sponsor of this site and offer a great warranty.

Interior. Not much. You can swap out the paddles for S paddles like I am doing. Or buy extensions that were made from another member. I have a set I might be getting rid of. I am also putting in a RS shifter ball vs the factory gear selector.

Exterior Grille. You can do black optics, or so the S grille. The genuine RS grille is very expensive which is the one you are describing. E-bay has similar ones for much less. I hear the fit is good which I hope is true as I have one to install shortly.

Fog lights. I personally have not heard of anyone putting in aftermarket fogs. I personally have LED head lights and have kind of lost interest in the look of fog lights.

If you are looking to be a sleeper car, I personally would not install new badges. Why advertise. Think about a performance drop with some springs or coilover system. Beefier sway bar perhaps. BBK system. I have the ABT 3pc trunk spoiler. Pretty nice but pricey. Deval has come out with a new diffuser for the S6 or S-line rear. If money is a bit more abundant for you, you can buy the RS pieces and fit them. Some guy with an S6 did, and it looks pretty sweet. Not cheap. Otherwise for more power, go tune your car. Performance to dollar you can't do better I think.

Hope this helps.
Old 03-31-2015, 04:42 PM
AudiWorld Member

Thanks for the tips.

I will look up the black optics grill and rs6 one

Badges i agree keep it clean although I might swap the quatrro badge in the grill for one that says s-line get some red on the grill. I do like front grill now I like the chrome surround

I was wondering about the rear. The lip has a nice little edge but maybe a bigger spoiler lip. I rather spend money on nice diffuser. Will the rs6 one fit on there or aftermarket

Exhaust tips fill the diffuser maybe I can squeeze a 1/2" bigger I wonder if there are cool single rounds that have split inside like Porsche give it different look. Rather spend money on tips and diffuser and leave mufflers alone

Intake I think will be must. Is injen nice? And tune eventually

Rims I am going to keep 19" and look at ace wheel aspire black chrome or mesh7 sterling silver

Paddle shifters? Do tell where is link?
Old 04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

I was wondering about the rear. The lip has a nice little edge but maybe a bigger spoiler lip. I rather spend money on nice diffuser. Will the rs6 one fit on
there or aftermarket

Fit of the RS body is tough. I think it takes some love and a pro to make that happen it sounds like. There is a guy on Audizine from MD that did just that. He converted an S6 into an RS6 sedan both cosmetically and it sounds like performance wise as well. It can be done though. Go to audizine and do a search in the C7 forum to find his thread. Pretty cool stuff. The 3pc trunk spoiler is paint and install. Very clean my body guy said.

Exhaust tips fill the diffuser maybe I can squeeze a 1/2" bigger I wonder if there are cool single rounds that have split inside like Porsche give it different look. Rather spend money on tips and diffuser and leave mufflers alone

If you get a new difusser though the opening is square. So that could change your decision. I would decide first if you are getting the diffuser and build the tips around it.
Intake I think will be must. Is injen nice? And tune eventually

I like the intake. Injen is a leading name who seems to make one for most cars. It is plug and play. Took a couple minutes literally to install. DIY for sure. I would suggest leaving the box installed to help prevent heat soak in warm months.

Paddle shifters? Do tell where is link?

Do you have the S-line with I think the sport package? Do you have paddle shifters behind the steering wheel at the 9 & 3 positions? If so you can get different paddle shifters. If you do what kind do you want? The ones I am about to install are factory S6 paddles. Find them on E-bay or I found mine on Audizine in the for sale section. Same with this site in the for sale section. If you want the ones I am talking about which are aftermarket, I can try and find the thread, or you can do a search on this site. I don't have pics or anything handy at the moment.
Old 04-01-2015, 11:24 AM
AudiWorld Member

I am not wanting to change body panels to S or RS. I was thinking just easy swap to add lower diff user from RS7 onto the A6. Saw 1 on ebay that was made to fit the regular A7 I assume it would work for a6. That has the large oval tips for the S5 which would be cool.
Otherwise I might keep the diffuser and just add Porsche Fused Dual rounds for little different style and slightly larger look.

I saw the INJEN but wonder does it come in black?
I also have the paddle shifters, not sure if larger ones appeal to me.

For now I am thinking rims, tips, new front badge for the grill s-line or red/silver quattro badge and eventually intake. I will wait for tune, car is plenty fast now.

Oh I might get my rear tail lenses lightly tinted with clear/black paint to match the new tint on the 2016 A6/7
Old 04-02-2015, 10:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

]I am not wanting to change body panels to S or RS. I was thinking just easy swap to add lower diff user from RS7 onto the A6. Saw 1 on ebay that was made to fit the regular A7 I assume it would work for a6. That has the large oval tips for the S5 which would be cool.
Otherwise I might keep the diffuser and just add Porsche Fused Dual rounds for little different style and slightly larger look.

So the diffuser I have ordered is this one.
Official Release - DEVAL Audi S6 C7 Carbon Fiber Rear Diffuser. Other easy swap options are the grille and the additions would be the trunk lip. Not much else exists that I know of.

I saw the INJEN but wonder does it come in black? Mine is black with a blue filter
I also have the paddle shifters, not sure if larger ones appeal to me. The S paddles are only a tad larger. Check them out. I think they are tasteful

For now I am thinking rims, tips, new front badge for the grill s-line or red/silver quattro badge and eventually intake. I will wait for tune, car is plenty fast now.

Oh I might get my rear tail lenses lightly tinted with clear/black paint to match the new tint on the 2016 A6/7 My tails are tinted. Honestly I would recommend painting them. My tint is nice and all, but My q5 is painted and the lights go through just fine and it looks so much cleaner.
Old 04-02-2015, 12:29 PM
AudiWorld Member

Awesome, wow $1000 for the diffuser that is crazy. I can get mine vinyl/carbon wrapped and squeeze in some tips lol

Injen shows silver on the website with no options for black? do they all come black? How is the sound after install?

Tails will be painted for tint way better.
Old 04-02-2015, 01:29 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Saw the S-Line 3-spoke steering wheel badge from a German company on eBay: http://www.ebay.com/itm/Audi-A6-4G-A7-Steering-Wheel-Clip-S-line-Logo-3-Spoke-4G-2010-2015-Genuine-New/221484740068?_trksid=p2047675.c100011.m1850&_trkparms=aid%3D222007%26algo%3DSIC.MBE%26ao%3D1%26asc%3D30002%26meid%3D0b8cd9872b0443dfb96e1ebd239a9ba0%26pid%3D100011%26rk%3D2%26rkt%3D9%26sd%3D331308000962
The prince is ridiculous!! No thanks.

Quick Reply: popular body mods/add-ons for A6?