Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Prices paid for used 2014 A6 TDI

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Prices paid for used 2014 A6 TDI

Hello

I am looking at a 2014 A6 TDI P+ with Bose and 19" wheels (8000 miles on the odometer). The car is in OH while I am in TX. I have an offer for $45 K+ tax.

The car has MMI version 715 and the dealer says they cannot upgrade to the latest one for the 2014 A6- 726?? Will my iphone 5 ATT data SIM work with this MMI version?

Is this a good price to go for it or should I wait a couple of years when the 2016 (LTE connectivity) TDI prices drop to less than $50K?
Old 06-02-2015, 10:52 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Ive bee looking for the same car but they seem to be in limited supply, at least her in SF. I missed out on the exact same spec'd car you posted and it was listed at $44.5k. Ive decided to spend a little extra and get a 2014 TDI Prestige CPO with LED, 9k miles and black optic package but i'll be spending $53k for it.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:20 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Originally Posted by treysbr
Ive bee looking for the same car but they seem to be in limited supply, at least her in SF. I missed out on the exact same spec'd car you posted and it was listed at $44.5k. Ive decided to spend a little extra and get a 2014 TDI Prestige CPO with LED, 9k miles and black optic package but i'll be spending $53k for it.
That's a nice spec..If you are financing what's the best APR you could find? Did you negotiate and how much did the dealer discount? I am seeing dealers being
very inflexible with pricing.

Did you notice a difference in headlights to go for the Prestige? I am in two minds to go for LED or not. I also read somewhere that Prestige has sunglasses holder in the moon roof area while P+ does not ? Is this true?
Old 06-02-2015, 11:35 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Negotiating on a used vehicle has been very tough. Initially I got the 'courtesy discount' of $250, which every dealer around here says. He then went down to a $1k and I asked him to throw in Audicare, which I thought would fly, but he said no Audicare as their profit on that is only $30. Reality is I'm not going to lose a car at the cost of the Audicare. I liked the Glacier White on black and with the black optic it looks really nice.

I looked at financing options, lowest I found through USAA is 2.49 % for 60 or 72 months.

The LED headlights are very nice and was worth it to spend the extra money to step up to the Prestige trim.
Old 06-02-2015, 11:43 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

I know the feeling on dealers throwing you a bone on the price. Seriously for a 2014 TDI I thought they should be eager to get it off their lots and offer more discounts.
I gave up that deal as the delaer refused to upgrade MMI and I would have had to fly into CLE. Was your car local ? Which MMI version do you have? Does it work with your data plan/smartphone ? I have ATT and was told by dealer that ATT SIM would not work? Any truth to this?
Old 06-02-2015, 01:32 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Originally Posted by like2ace
That's a nice spec..If you are financing what's the best APR you could find? Did you negotiate and how much did the dealer discount? I am seeing dealers being
very inflexible with pricing.

Did you notice a difference in headlights to go for the Prestige? I am in two minds to go for LED or not. I also read somewhere that Prestige has sunglasses holder in the moon roof area while P+ does not ? Is this true?
The sunglasses holder is just about useless. The little storage in front of the front seats might hold a pair of sunglasses better...
Dealers for used or CPO cars seems to be not flexible everywhere. Not sure why...
Old 06-02-2015, 02:31 PM
AudiWorld Member

I paid $51K OTD for a CPO 2014 Prestige, LED lights, no B&O or driver's assist package, standard 19" wheels, 19k on the clock in the CA Bay Area. My rate is 1.79% @ 84 months.

Last edited by McFuzz; 06-03-2015 at 01:11 PM.
Old 06-02-2015, 02:35 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

That's a good deal, but I think the TDI's cost a little more...at least that's what I found when shopping and I'm a Bay Area commuter. The rate you got is excellent, wish I could find that APR
Old 06-02-2015, 07:13 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 41 Likes on 34 Posts

You are in Houston, so figure between Austin, Houston and Dallas you should be able to find the car you want without having to go out of state. Those 3 cities alone have about 10 Audi dealerships so there will always be a decent supply of retired service loaners and early trade ins!

If you look at KBB, it looks like the TDI is trending about 3-4K higher or so that the similarly equipped 3.0T so keep that in mind.

By the way, nice choice as well, love my 2014 TDI.
Old 06-03-2015, 04:52 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

McFuzz

Could you tell us which bank you went to for that great APR?

Quick Reply: Prices paid for used 2014 A6 TDI