Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Some pics of Delivery day for my new '16 A6 in Scottsdale on Friday 6-12!

Search this Thread

Old 06-13-2015, 04:09 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Its Florett Silver Irenesbob... glad you and KevinGary like it as well...
Old 06-13-2015, 11:07 PM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hulumau—Great car all the way around! Congratulations...well done! Tell me more about the metal pedals? Would like the same—sharp. And,was this a unique factory order or a re-directed of an already allocated A6 underway for your dealer's inventor. How long was your wait (not that it reeeeeaaaallly matters with this beauty in your driveway!)
Old 06-14-2015, 12:14 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by M/M's Dad
Hulumau—Great car all the way around! Congratulations...well done! Tell me more about the metal pedals? Would like the same—sharp. And,was this a unique factory order or a re-directed of an already allocated A6 underway for your dealer's inventor. How long was your wait (not that it reeeaallly matters with this beauty in your driveway!)
Hi M/M's Dad,

Thanks, and yes it was a redirect of one of 14 already allocated A6s for that given allotment in March for this top tier Audi dealer, and so Debby Lloyd, my Sales rep at Audi North Scottsdale, pulled one of the cars that was originally meant for their inventory and we loaded it up as my car only and that is how it was expedited a bit over going the original order route while still getting a fully custom order done.

The time savings was just around two weeks no more than maybe a week to two weeks max longer it would have taken to do an original order.

It's a good way to go if they have enough inventory too and a top dealership like Audi NS who frequently wins US awards for performance, will go out of their way to make sure repeat long term customers like my wife and I get fit in the cue pronto when we are ready to order.

I ordered the car on March 21 and it arrived in Scottsdale two days ago June 12th and they prepped it and I drove it off the lot around 3pm to be exact.

I'm totally stoked about this car too driving these first couple days mainly only up and down Scottsdale Blvd not wanting to take in on the Freeway yet until the XPEL Ultimate is applied on Monday morning. Why risk dinging it up when that protection is just around the corner.

That is why I didn't drive it back to Sedona for the weekend and return again early Monday as well, but just got one of our usual Scottsdale hotels we use during frequent trips here for errands or when flying out to a cardiology/electrophysiology conference or some such thing. Way too much risk for some road rash going and coming.

MM/Dads, the metal pedal covers were selected from my Audi Part's department manager from among the three such metal covers Audi offers and this set he said was the best fit for the A6. Show your own Parts guy or gal the photo above in this thread and they should easily be able to match it.

If not then have him call the parts department at Audi North Scottsdale and ask which model number for the covers they use on the '16 A6.

Also, good news, when I had leased my 2012 A4 and though it had two months left on the lease I was well in the green so went for the late trade in and got $1320 back in equity on the lease .. which almost totally pays for the full frontal Expel wrapping as a nice bonus.

Cheers!
Hula

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-20-2015 at 08:53 PM.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:28 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Pretty car. I love the wood and interior color combo.

Shouldn't have let them detail it though
Old 06-14-2015, 05:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Congrats on the new car.
Old 06-14-2015, 06:08 AM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by Ryballz
Pretty car. I love the wood and interior color combo.

Shouldn't have let them detail it though
Hi Ryballz,

We may be thinking of two different things by using the work 'detailing'. What I was trying to convey is the standard practice at all Audi dealerships for unwrapping the protective shipping covers and strategically placed cardboard and foam tape, then just going though a full mechanical and interior/exterior check of the car and do a full engine, transmission, breaks check, confirm MMI is working and install SIM card ... and a host of other such 'detail's including a good first wash, before they bring the car out onto the from display are in from of Audi North Scottsdale, in my case, where the sales person takes over to do finial new car orientation and training for a bit over an hour.

This car delivery for me was the first that I've had a chance to witness the entire process from the arrival of the truck from the boat, offloading intake dealer into inventory, access to the garage area during the full pre-delivery prep and service checks .. the whole nine yards and it was a fun day for sure.

But Ryballz, it wasn't the kind of detailing job you or I might do myself at home, ongoing, though I'm sure glad they do go throw their checklist process before turning the car over to a new customer.

Today is manual reading (or skimming at least) day, starting with the new MMI book which has a number of new features I've never used, though I know much of the basics of course from our last few Audis, there are a good deal of new updates and changes in function with the A6 and 2016 prestige/sports pack/drivers assist version in particular that I need to acquaint myself with.

Took my first night drive last night and love the LED ambient lighting (once I turned up the brightness in the MMI) and how it just subtly appears as it gets darker making a very cozy and refined feeling interior nighttime spaced.

And thanks for the tip whoever offered it up last week about needing to access the MMI>Car settings> AC > turn up the footwell temp to max coldness .... in order to maximize the function of the ventilated seat cooling.. that works like a champ. However keep the seat cooling function fan on the high (3 blue lights) just until the seat cools down an then drop it to 2 blue lights to lower the somewhat noticeable fan noise on continuous hight setting.

It was 107 in Scottsdale yesterday and will be even hotter than next number of days and my shirt back never got tacky or sweaty which it definitely would have without the seat ventilation and cooling.

Am thoroughly impressed with my new A6 during this, admittedly, honeymoon time, but the fact is, the honeymoon has lasted for most all of my Audis the full duration I had them ... hence the long time loyalty.
Old 06-14-2015, 07:35 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Hulamau
....not wanting to take in on the Freeway yet until the XPEL Ultimate is applied on Monday morning. Why risk dinging it up when that protection is just around the corner....
Good thinking. It is ironic, however, that after having my 2013 A6 for 30 months the only chips/dings I have gotten from material thrown on up on highways are on the roof (just above the windshield and back by the shark fin) where most front and hood XPEL applications wouldn't have helped. Maybe with the next one I'll have the entire car wrapped lol
Old 06-14-2015, 05:55 PM
AudiWorld Member

Originally Posted by irenesbob
Good thinking. It is ironic, however, that after having my 2013 A6 for 30 months the only chips/dings I have gotten from material thrown on up on highways are on the roof (just above the windshield and back by the shark fin) where most front and hood XPEL applications wouldn't have helped. Maybe with the next one I'll have the entire car wrapped lol
Yeah, that sounds about par for the course irenesbob .. get the entire front end wrapped and the gremlins are sure to seek out the only spots left bare no matter how unlikely the target. :-)

My 2012 a4 wasn't that bad at all with road rash at the end but I became very adept at applying Dr Colorchip frequently, which is time consuming and not an ideal solution even though its a big step above just using their paint pens in my experience.

In fact on the way down on my very last drive a truck pulled in front of me going 85 on the highway and "DING" I heard that sinking sound and sure enough right in the lower center of the hood where you couldnt possible avoid it was a rock rash chip about the size of a large pencil eraser ...

I was then SO glad then that I had brought my old Dr Colorchip kit with me on the two hour drive to Phoenix ... just in case ... with the last bit of the older Ice Silver metallic paint and fixed it that night at the hotel before turning it in the next morning and you couldn't even tell anything was done.

But the XPEL is also for the peace of mind factor, just knowing that the odds of a major rash issue over time are far less.

From the relatiely low milage (primarily no doubt) and a clean looking car, I got an unexpectedly good returned equity on my A4 that I traded in 2 months prior to lease end using Audi Finance and netted about $1,320 or so in equity to apply, essentially in this case, to paying for the front half XPEL Ultimate treatment.

I do find it pays to keep your car as nice looking and in as good a mechanical shape as you can when leasing to avoid those nasty kind of surprises at lease end and up the odds of the good kind of surprises like I just received.

I kept my engine bay just about as clean and fresh looking as it was brand new almost 3.5 years earlier, as well as the interior and exterior, sans a light degree of normal wear and tear. Even my stock OEM Pirelli P6's still passed muster with enough tread life on them not to ding me even a pair of new tires.

I had a really relaxing and stress free transaction weekend at Audi North Scottsdale picking up the new A6 and I really appreciate the dealership and people who work there who have constantly made an effort to make me and my wife, and their other customers as well feel valued and their priority. And its not just because I've been a frequent flyer with them, I have seen a similar treatment with first time Audi buyers there as well.

It is little wonder why they have won their share of being among the top echelon Audi dealers in the country far more than once.
Old 06-16-2015, 10:12 AM
AudiWorld Member

Some more pix after installing Suntek CXP tint with CXP 35% on the front two door windows, CXP 18% on the rear door and far rear windows....

After much debate we went with Suntek for the side and rear windows over 3M Crystalline as both the owner of the Protective Film Solutions Phoenix branch also felt after looking closely at my Florett Silver metallic A6 that the Crystalline, though his favorite tint overall, would not be dark enough to be a great match with the lighter A6 body colors.

He was right! With the larger greenhouse compared to our A4s, the CXP 18% is not as dark looking as on the A4s, when on the A6 and turned out just about perfect in my view, giving the car a very nice looking contrast while still remaining plenty visible out the back at night time driving which I confirmed on the two hour drive home last night to the some what cooler Sedona.

Also, I am going to get the 3M Crystalline 70% installed on the front windshield but the owner wanted to wait until he had time to thoroughly research the new rain sensor attached to the rear view mirror assembly as he wanted to make sure he understood exactly how this should be done to avoid any moisture issue with that new (to him) rain sensor, so I will be getting the front window done on the next trip down to Scottsdale in a couple weeks.

Was a relief to get home after 5 days in Hell's Kitchen (this time of year) to pick up my car and get the XPEL and tint job done yesterday after the full weekend in Scottsdale (it was around 111 degrees there yesterday afternoon...).

Anyway, the Xpel Ultimate job was great, just a note though for other 2016 A6 S-line owners going for an XPEL Ultimate job. that

Their computer cut outs that XPEL has made for the 2016 A6 S-line Sports package version of the car were mostly right on, but their measurements for the two S-line rocker side sills were a little short in the vertical plane and on the very lowest front bar that steps down and runs across the bottom of the new front grill ... also only on the S-line Sports pack version of the car ... also needed to be redone, as the computer cut out of that XPEL piece came up just short of wrapping around the leading edge of that lower painted bar and so Robbie, the owner of the place, made a custom strip of XPEL for both of the rocker sills and the front lower painted bar under the grill to make them look right and offer full protection of those parts.

Perhaps XPEL will now revamp their computer cut outs to remedy those two areas that need fixing, but the rest of the computer cut out of the film pieces was fine.

As noted above, I will get the front windshield done with 70% Crystalline on my next visit down to Scottsdale in a couple weeks.

Suntek CXP 35 on the front door windows and CXP 18 on the rear door and far rear windows

Car lifted to apply full frontal XPEL Ultimate wrap over headlights, full bumper, fenders, hood, side mirrors, rocker side sills and lower rear bumper area for rear tire road rash protection

The next for shots are outside Protective Film Solutions Scottsdale facility after the job was done letting the films and wrap baking in the blazing hot Arizona sun --- no bubble left at all within only two hours!

Last edited by Hulamau; 06-16-2015 at 02:21 PM.
Old 06-16-2015, 01:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

So much fun looking at these pics; thank you, and enjoy...is a lovely car!

Quick Reply: Some pics of Delivery day for my new '16 A6 in Scottsdale on Friday 6-12!