Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Sport suspension

Search this Thread

Old 11-18-2015, 07:45 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
DB good point and guilty as charged -- I will remedy this over weekend -- takes me quite a while to figure these things out as I am a dinosaur.

I'm here in Michigan (greater Detroit area) and roads are horrible as I've posted a number of times. My /15 3.0T is equipped with 19" sport package and came with Conti Pro-Contacts -- old tire design and I know many on this forum are not fond of these tires. I had these on my /06 TL many years ago and my opinion is that they are acceptable but not the greatest. I will go Conti DWS06 when time comes for replacement. While I don't find life on the 19s horrible it is somewhat less comfortable than the non-sport car which I did drive back to back with mine. Suffice it to say I choose my commute route carefully and try to stay off the really bad roads around here. When I have no choice but to take a road that I know to be in bad shape I decrease my speed accordingly and do my best to drive around the holes, ruts, cracked concrete, etc. I'm going to get pulled over one of these days on suspicion of drunk driving. However I am glad I opted for the sport package since it is a joy on decent roads.

Best,
Jeff
Interestingly, since lane discipline is a thing of the past, I find myself choosing the smoothest lane and not keeping to the right as I was trained to do.
I like the laws in Germany where it is illegal to not be as far right as possible, you overtake and then get back into the lane you came from. Here in SoCal a drivers main intention when getting on the freeway is to get to the leftmost lane and then get up to speed.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:53 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Interestingly, since lane discipline is a thing of the past, I find myself choosing the smoothest lane and not keeping to the right as I was trained to do.
I like the laws in Germany where it is illegal to not be as far right as possible, you overtake and then get back into the lane you came from. Here in SoCal a drivers main intention when getting on the freeway is to get to the leftmost lane and then get up to speed.
In most states, US law isn't actually that different:

Driving in left lane laws could land motorists with fine or misdemeanor charge - CBS News

That said, drivers in Seattle are pretty chill, and it's not uncommon for people to drive exactly at the speed limit in the left lane.
Old 11-18-2015, 07:56 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Those same "keep to the right unless passing" laws are also found in the U.S. They're just rarely enforced. Here in MA, the left lane is for cruising, the right lane is for passing and the center lane is only for transferring between the other two.
Old 11-18-2015, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Police justification is done by statistics and the numbers prove that there isn't a problem - no speeders, no using cell phones, nobody in the fast lane etc.. Unfortunately the people interpreting the statistics are not smart enough to realize that when a cop approaches in the fast lane then everyone gets over so there is no problem for the cop. Those same people also slow to the speed limit and put their phones down.
So there you have it - statistically, we don't have a problem.
Old 11-18-2015, 01:00 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Police justification is done by statistics and the numbers prove that there isn't a problem - no speeders, no using cell phones, nobody in the fast lane etc.. Unfortunately the people interpreting the statistics are not smart enough to realize that when a cop approaches in the fast lane then everyone gets over so there is no problem for the cop. Those same people also slow to the speed limit and put their phones down.
So there you have it - statistically, we don't have a problem.
Increasingly in NYS I see kids coming up in the left lane (usually a Civic) with the driver's seat tilted so far back they are almost in the back seat and then they flash their lights at the police vehicle ahead of them to speed up. I have never seen the police do anything but move over and let them pass or ignore them and eventually either speed up or make a left onto the medium. At least once I have seen the guy in the Civic try the lights a few times, then pass the cop on the right and go off into the distance. I have never seen the police pull the little brats over. Generational or cultural I guess - I would/could never do that to a police car.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:08 PM
AudiWorld Super User

They better not try that with the Mass State police.
Old 11-19-2015, 04:07 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 48 Likes on 45 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
They better not try that with the Mass State police.
That would not fly here in NH either.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:23 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 21 Likes on 21 Posts

Originally Posted by Acuransx
DB good point and guilty as charged -- I will remedy this over weekend -- takes me quite a while to figure these things out as I am a dinosaur.
Go to "User CP" located at the top, left side of the red bar.

Go to the bottom box labeled "Additional Information".

Add your info in the "Location" box.

Save your work.
Old 11-19-2015, 06:46 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 151 Likes on 121 Posts

Originally Posted by tenspeed

Go to the bottom box labeled "Additional Information".

Save your work.
tenspeed thanks so much! Will do on weekend.
Best,
Jeff
Old 11-19-2015, 04:31 PM
AudiWorld Super User

You left out a step:

Click "Edit your Details" on the left

Save your work.

Quick Reply: Sport suspension