Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Stock Exhaust with Cutout... Sound Better or Magnaflow

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2015, 09:19 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Stock Exhaust with Cutout... Sound Better or Magnaflow

Thinking of adding bigger tips to my stock Prestige A6.
And then cutting 2nd hole and add a turn down.

Anyone do this? Is it worth the effort for sound at idle or under load?

If not much, I am wondering just adding Magnaflow and tips. I did this to my Infiniti M35 and it sounded great all around. I wonder what an audi would sound like.
Old 11-25-2015, 01:48 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Sound is a personal preference, I like the sound of Lambos but most any other car the noise is an annoyance. The US call it a muffler, numerous countries call it a silencer, if you can hear the engine then it failed.
OK, it's an opinion but I don't necessarily agree with the above but a luxury sedan should be quiet. And a v12 Lambo should be heard. An A6 is a ?
Old 11-25-2015, 06:14 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Sound is a personal preference, I like the sound of Lambos but most any other car the noise is an annoyance. The US call it a muffler, numerous countries call it a silencer, if you can hear the engine then it failed.
OK, it's an opinion but I don't necessarily agree with the above but a luxury sedan should be quiet. And a v12 Lambo should be heard. An A6 is a ?
Ok thanks I understand and I have my toy sports car for loudness factor but I do want to customize all my rides to make them unique and I like a few small tweaks like nice exhaust tips maybe a little growl.

I will probably do stasis style tips with stock muffler and cold air and be fine but still trying and asking here where are these type of tips? 5" non tapered tips