Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

T-Mobile upgrade going to kill my data

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 02:52 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
What is not mentioned is if you already are subscribed to T-mobile. The T-Mobile plan is $30 @ month or $450 for 30 months which works out to $15 @ month unlimited data. I would imagine T-Mobile will just add what ever you have left. I'm also guessing you must have a T-Mobile plan and not one of the alternate providers, i.e. TruPhone, etc.

What year Q5 and A6 do you have and where are you located?
Snagitseven, what you really meant to say, twice, is if you don't post your location then your posting has less credibility?
I am amazed at the lack of locations posted. Maybe people think that the www is only in their city or that all Audis are the same?
Old 05-26-2015, 06:12 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by DB22
Snagitseven, what you really meant to say, twice, is if you don't post your location then your posting has less credibility?
I am amazed at the lack of locations posted. Maybe people think that the www is only in their city or that all Audis are the same?
As I've said in the past, it is what it is and all the grumbling in the world won't change it. I only ask for the location if it's important to the topic, as in this case since apparently, T-Mobile and Audi are rolling this out region by region.
Old 05-27-2015, 03:02 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As I've said in the past, it is what it is and all the grumbling in the world won't change it. I only ask for the location if it's important to the topic, as in this case since apparently, T-Mobile and Audi are rolling this out region by region.
As location has relevant value in numerous topics then maybe a recommendation from a "SuperModerator" would help the original posters understand its importance?
Old 05-27-2015, 04:58 AM
AudiWorld Super User

As location has relevant value in numerous topics then maybe a recommendation from a "SuperModerator" would help the original posters understand its importance?
Only 250,000 members. I'll get right on it.
Old 05-27-2015, 07:04 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Only 250,000 members. I'll get right on it.
I didn't mean to imply a PM to each member. Maybe a hint to all 250000 in the common forum would save the blood running from your typing finger
Old 05-27-2015, 08:06 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Maybe I am missing something but his profile says Plainfield, IL and his signature lists the model year of both his A6 and Q5?
Old 05-27-2015, 08:14 AM
AudiWorld Super User

I didn't mean to imply a PM to each member. Maybe a hint to all 250000 in the common forum would save the blood running from your typing finger
My final thoughts on this subject....Which "common" forum are you referring to? There are about 50 different discussion forums in AudiWorld. In any case, it's pretty unlikely many would read the post, even if it's made a "sticky" in all the forums, much less follow the suggestion. And Kris Hansen, the Admin, is not a big fan of stickies. (All of us forum mods are unpaid volunteers so we have no sway over this. We don't make the forum rules, we just help to enforce them).

The only way to effect this kind of change would be to require location and model/year of car (assuming a poster even owns an Audi) when registering (which would still leave the current 250K members as is).

If you would like to suggest changes to the posting requirements, send Kris Hansen a PM. He is the only one who can request website coding changes to Internet Brands, the website owner. Though I wouldn't hold my breath that they will make any modifications along these lines as they own several auto enthusiast websites.

Frustrating? Yes. Can we affect real change? Extremely doubtful.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:16 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheHeadFL
Maybe I am missing something but his profile says Plainfield, IL and his signature lists the model year of both his A6 and Q5?
We are referring to the OP who states neither.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:33 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

We are referring to the OP who states neither.
In the OP he says its a 2013 A6 Prestige, and the next post he says he is in Central Illinois, which I guess is not super specific, but it isn't that big of an area.
Old 05-27-2015, 08:49 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by TheHeadFL
In the OP he says its a 2013 A6 Prestige, and the next post he says he is in Central Illinois, which I guess is not super specific, but it isn't that big of an area.
Follow the thread and reread the posts sequentially. You would see that the OP made his orig post w/o his location. I asked where he was located and he replied. That exchange is what precipitated the subsequent general side conversation re posters not disclosing location and model/year.

Quick Reply: T-Mobile upgrade going to kill my data