Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

upgrading the front grill..?!

Search this Thread

Old 11-12-2014, 11:28 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default upgrading the front grill..?!

Hi Guys,

I am thinking to replace the standard front grill to an RS6 mesh grill. is it a straight swap? Any suggestions are wellcome.
Old 11-13-2014, 09:10 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Do a search as I think someone posted a pretty good step by step on this. I think the E-bay ones (like I bought) do need a little work, but mostly plug and play. Gotta remove the front bumper though. I have not installed mine as I just got it, but I do plan on installing myself. The one consistent tip though is the frame bumper will need to be painted black or it will stand out. It is being blocked right now by the middle piece that holds front plates for those with them. Once you go full mesh, it gets exposed.

Did you buy the OEM RS grille or an E-bay one? I see even the E-bay ones are making the genuine knock off with the quattro and everything.
Old 11-15-2014, 12:26 AM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by NVThs1
Do a search as I think someone posted a pretty good step by step on this. I think the E-bay ones (like I bought) do need a little work, but mostly plug and play. Gotta remove the front bumper though. I have not installed mine as I just got it, but I do plan on installing myself. The one consistent tip though is the frame bumper will need to be painted black or it will stand out. It is being blocked right now by the middle piece that holds front plates for those with them. Once you go full mesh, it gets exposed.

Did you buy the OEM RS grille or an E-bay one? I see even the E-bay ones are making the genuine knock off with the quattro and everything.
please upload the photos when you do install yours.
Old 11-18-2014, 10:22 AM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by uzee
please upload the photos when you do install yours.
Will do. It might be a while. It has since gotten cold here and my weekends are pretty stacked so not much time to tear the front end off. I will post though.