Notices
A6 (C7 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C7 Audi A6 produced from 2011 - 2017

Well, my number finally came up...

Search this Thread

Old 07-13-2015, 04:00 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 31 Likes on 22 Posts

If we could only fix the pollution to common sense created by insurance, politicians and lawyers then fairness could prevail but then that would be the demise of a capitalist society.
Old 07-13-2015, 06:01 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 99 Likes on 44 Posts

Originally Posted by jjsC6
You can have it fixed wherever you want as long as they charge what your insurance considers reasonable. My car is at my Audi dealer right now for a repair to the rear bumper after I got run into. Fortunately minor damage. They are doing it for what the insurance pays. The biggest pain in the azz is the rental car. It's covered by the other guys insurance except insurance on the rent car. You may think you are covered on your own policy, but their is a gotcha. Rental cars have a clause,that if you are in an accident in their car you are responsible for loss of use. Your insurance probably does not cover that. I learned a lot about that last week and am paying $15 a day for coverage for an accident that was not my fault. It's doubtful I'll get reimbursed for it.
In my case there is no other known guy to attribute the accident to so a temporary car rental is covered by my insurance company. I believe it's $35 @ day with a cap of something like $1500. I checked and if I use a rental car while my car is being repaired, my policy covers me in that one as well.
And yes, I confirmed that I can take my car to a body shop of my choice.
Old 07-13-2015, 01:39 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Snagit, its been a long time since I have posted here, finally had some spare time and decided to check in, and saw this thread. So glad to hear that you are ok. The Audi did it's most important job, protect you. A lesser car might not have recovered, and spun (not taking anything away from your driving skills tho). That... could have been very bad.

Good luck with the repairs... hopefully they come out well!

Jeff
Old 07-13-2015, 02:51 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Originally Posted by MileHighJC
Snagit, its been a long time since I have posted here, finally had some spare time and decided to check in, and saw this thread. So glad to hear that you are ok. The Audi did it's most important job, protect you. A lesser car might not have recovered, and spun (not taking anything away from your driving skills tho). That... could have been very bad.

Good luck with the repairs... hopefully they come out well!

Jeff
Thanks, Jeff. Welcome back.
I'm not sure my driving skills contributed much in this case. More like luck methinks.
Old 07-13-2015, 03:22 PM
AudiWorld Super User

Here's some photos of the damage. Almost all of what you see above the belt line are reflections. The front fender appears to be pulled away slightly near the back of the wheel well and there are several small gouges/dents in various places.

Besides all of the repairs/repainting, the insurance company will have to pay to replace the Xpel Ultimate on the front fender and upper front bumper.Finally , the entire right side of the car will need a reapplication of Opti-Coat Pro. I think the front wheel can be repaired. The insurance adjuster will be out on Weds am.

All in all, the damage isn't as bad as seen in that other thread where the person caused the accident while texting.

Old 07-13-2015, 08:43 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Man, it's painful to see a beauty all scratched up like that. Important thing is you're ok and it's just stuff that can be replaced/repaired. Having had a recent somewhat similar experience with a much cheaper car, I wouldn't be surprised if this would be closer to $10k to repair.
Old 07-14-2015, 05:39 PM
AudiWorld Senior Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by snagitseven
In my case there is no other known guy to attribute the accident to so a temporary car rental is covered by my insurance company. I believe it's $35 @ day with a cap of something like $1500. I checked and if I use a rental car while my car is being repaired, my policy covers me in that one as well.
And yes, I confirmed that I can take my car to a body shop of my choice.
I'm going to repeat what I said. Your insurance covers you but there is a very good chance you are not covered for loss of use if you get into an accident in the rental car. Look into it. Just understand your risk. Some states have different laws regarding this.
Old 07-14-2015, 09:47 PM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Really sorry to hear that Snagit!.

My wife's 2015 A4 got a dinged rear bumper that is right now out or Penske Collision Center having a brand new all OEM Audi parts and Audi spec quality paint job on the bumper done.

We have Liberty Mutual and thus used up our Forgiveness now for the next 5 years... no accidents til them as we earn back the forgiveness. But kudos to Liberty and their Audi Prestige Insurance deal, way cheaper than Geico was charging us and they promised before hand to use only all OEM Audi parts and repair work done only at an Audi trained and certified repair shop like you are getting too, and they came through as promised arranging for us to go to this dedicated high-end Audi trained body shop and the best in the state.

Penske owns about 20 high end car brand dealerships in a huge luxury car mall here in North Scottsdale and hence this very first class body shop where the guys are all trained by Audi, BMW, MB, Jaq, Ferrari, Bentley etc etc. ... very excellent service and working with Liberty Mutual on this has been a breeze.

Good luck on having the same good fortune and a fast clean brand new-like repair. With the rental car policy allowances it sounds very much like Liberty Mutual might be your carrier too is that so?

Last edited by Hulamau; 07-15-2015 at 05:33 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 05:36 AM
AudiWorld Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Our full rear bumper replacement for the all Audi OEM parts and full Audi spec paint job was $2,500 for a 2015 A4 Prestige S-line. And that is from the top luxury repair center in Arizona that have basically a month waiting list

Last edited by Hulamau; 07-15-2015 at 07:23 AM.
Old 07-15-2015, 06:07 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 51 Likes on 38 Posts

Originally Posted by Inyoury
This is one more reason to install a dash cam.
Not necessarily you, Inyoury, but it seems a bit odd to me that some folks advocate stick-on or plop-on dash cameras but will do all kinds of things to hide the wiring on a radar detector or hide the detector itself. To me the ugliness factors of the two are about equal. I would put up with the radar detector being unsightly a bit more easily since the chances of a radar detector saving one’s bacon are a lot higher because (I think) most of us are more likely to get tickets than have accidents where someone does something worth capturing as “proof.”
Do they make dash cams that can be visually minimized (wires hidden or placement in the front grille, etc.)? I have one but never use it because it is just one more thing on the dash, plus since it is very rare I would want to “save” a section of the video I have forgotten how to do it. But that’s just me. I'm sure it works for others, plus you never know what fun thing you could capture to post online.

Quick Reply: Well, my number finally came up...