A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004
Old 08-15-2016, 10:11 AM
How-Tos on this Topic
Last edit by: IB Advertising
See related guides and technical advice from our community experts:Browse all: Audi A6 (C5) Interior Guides
Print Wikipost

2001 Audi A6 "POWER WINDOW ISSUE" HELP!

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2009, 07:00 PM
Tech Guru

Received 106 Likes on 97 Posts

First of all, if you were using threaded view, you'd know that I was responding to Audi4.2LV8.

Second of all, try behaving like less of a dick.
Old 04-27-2009, 08:11 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Top_Dog
YEAH IT IS NOT THE FUSES OR REGULATORS, "NONE" OF THE WINDOWS WILL GO UP OR DOWN!!!! HAS ANYONE HAD THIS "EXACT" PROBLEM???? THANKS, J.
Why not the fuse?
Usually there is one fuse that controls all the windows, so if it's burned - none of them will operate. Also checking the fuses will take you a couple of minutes, why don't you do it just to be sure?
Old 04-28-2009, 04:08 PM

"PLEASE READ EVERYTHING" before responding:

as said above: all fuses, have already been checked.

it is not the regulator's or window guides because ALL 4 windows do not work.

it is an electrical problem, bigger problem than just fuses.

there has to be a main window control module, or a relay that is sharing something else. "but nothing else is wrong besides the windows not going up or down"
Old 04-28-2009, 05:22 PM
Tech Guru

You need to do some diagnostics with VAG-COM to see what is working and what isn't. I assume you have verified that the window switches are plugged in? There might be a circuit breaker behind the driver's knee bar too.
Old 04-28-2009, 08:18 PM
AudiWorld Member

I remember when my rear windows wouldn't work it was because the master drivers switch window lock button went bad... if fuses are fine then might try replacing the drivers door switches.. I could be way off but worth a try.. maybe u can part one cheap at a junk yard or at try this dealer

http://www.genuinevwaudiparts.com/pa...?siteid=214407
Old 04-28-2009, 08:21 PM
AudiWorld Member

Also have u used the key in the door lock cylinder to open and close windows.. maybe this feature still works if window switch went bad
Old 04-29-2009, 07:59 PM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Try this...Being less of a dick. Take it to a dealer and eat the cost. You want to own an Audi you get used to two things:

a) learn how to fix things yourself and/or politely ask for help from other Audi enthusiasts when needed. Don't cap-slap them or use the "sarcastic quote attack method" if their answer does not fix your issue.

b) get ready to fork out cash when it needs to be fixed by an authorized repair shop.

I, for one, love my Audi and am fully prepared to pay for repairs it may need in order for it to continue to provide me with joy. If it has a problem I will consult with some other owners in this forum for advice and if I can't fix it based on said advice I will take it in to someone who can fix it for me. I'm not very well versed in mechanics but try to post when I might be able to help as other have helped me. I will not take a bite out of anyone or type to them like a retard for trying to help me. So what if they could not help, they tried.

I have seen this before in an B5, and I know a person who can maybe provide some insight. But no way am I asking because if I'm wrong I risk being insulted by some guy who obviously bought the wrong car for their temperament.
Old 05-04-2009, 09:39 AM
Audiworld Junior Member

Originally Posted by Top_Dog
"PLEASE READ EVERYTHING" before responding:

as said above: all fuses, have already been checked.

it is not the regulator's or window guides because ALL 4 windows do not work.

it is an electrical problem, bigger problem than just fuses.

there has to be a main window control module, or a relay that is sharing something else. "but nothing else is wrong besides the windows not going up or down"
READ YOU OWN POSTS - YOU NEVER SAID THAT "all fuses, have already been checked." you only said "YEAH IT IS NOT THE FUSES OR REGULATORS, "NONE" OF THE WINDOWS WILL GO UP OR DOWN!!!!"
Old 03-19-2010, 09:57 AM
AudiWorld Newcomer

Default Might have an answer..

Hello fellow Audi owners,

I am no expert by any means with these cars, i own a 2001 audi a4 and have the worst of luck with it. My windows as well will not work at all, including the power moon roof. I see some of your posts on here say to check the fuses, which seems to eb the obvious thing to do. I have checked the fuses(located on the left hand side of the steering wheel) and did not see any fuses listed for the power windows. Can someone please tell me which fuse is dedicated for the power windows, moon roof? At the same time, my power locks do not work either. I brought it to a mechanic who specializes in imports, he has told me it is a control module located in the back right hand side of the trunk. He told me he put electricity manually to all window switches and the switches were fine. He is getting the part for me used for 150 bucks. I would like to replace any fuses beforehand if it could be as simple as that, but as i have stated previously i do not know which fuse or fuses are for the power windows. My guide on the back of the fuse panel states nothing for the windows or locks or moon roof. Any help would be awesome, hope this helps to answer your question regarding the problem. Very well could be a control module in the passenger side of the trunk.
Old 03-19-2010, 10:19 AM
Tech Guru

Originally Posted by oheymarty
Hello fellow Audi owners,

I am no expert by any means with these cars, i own a 2001 audi a4 and have the worst of luck with it. My windows as well will not work at all, including the power moon roof. I see some of your posts on here say to check the fuses, which seems to eb the obvious thing to do. I have checked the fuses(located on the left hand side of the steering wheel) and did not see any fuses listed for the power windows. Can someone please tell me which fuse is dedicated for the power windows, moon roof? At the same time, my power locks do not work either. I brought it to a mechanic who specializes in imports, he has told me it is a control module located in the back right hand side of the trunk. He told me he put electricity manually to all window switches and the switches were fine. He is getting the part for me used for 150 bucks. I would like to replace any fuses beforehand if it could be as simple as that, but as i have stated previously i do not know which fuse or fuses are for the power windows. My guide on the back of the fuse panel states nothing for the windows or locks or moon roof. Any help would be awesome, hope this helps to answer your question regarding the problem. Very well could be a control module in the passenger side of the trunk.
In all cases, investigation and diagnosis are the keys to finding the problems. Caps_Lock...er, I mean Top_Dog, never bothered to test anything with VAG_COM, the most useful tool in this situation. Hopefully you tech did his homework and is not "shooting form the hip". Good luck with the issue!

Quick Reply: 2001 Audi A6 "POWER WINDOW ISSUE" HELP!