A6 / S6 (C5 Platform) Discussion Discussion forum for the C5 Audi A6 and S6 produced from 1998-2004

C5 passenger side lighting/electric??!!

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2015, 11:20 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default C5 passenger side lighting/electric??!!

So a while back my passenger side foot and door light plus glove light stopped working??? As did the door open micro switch! I did both side w a radio shack switch some super glue and quicksteel epoxy (tricky but u get it w super glue its cake w epoxy sets in minutes work perfect!) took me forever lol! N e ways back to cant figure out why only passenger side light dont work including glove?? The rest of car does.... Checked fuses etx. was leakin in front passenger floor due to my weather cowl not be set back properly when i wash my car but figured it out after unclogging battery drain and still leaking it was the cowl not set properly in groove by the battery! Cant think of where to check havent checked door for torn wiring at the boot but had door apart everything was fine inside? Any help would be appeciated my fromt visor light works btw??!!'nn thanks in advance
Old 03-23-2015, 03:50 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 172 Likes on 162 Posts

Use VCDS to monitor the condition of the switches. That will help you diagnose your problem.
Old 03-23-2015, 06:38 AM
AudiWorld Super User

Received 97 Likes on 74 Posts
Default Possible light(s) burnt out?

Originally Posted by djfame
So a while back my passenger side foot and door light plus glove light stopped working??? As did the door open micro switch! I did both side w a radio shack switch some super glue and quicksteel epoxy (tricky but u get it w super glue its cake w epoxy sets in minutes work perfect!) took me forever lol! N e ways back to cant figure out why only passenger side light dont work including glove?? The rest of car does.... Checked fuses etx. was leakin in front passenger floor due to my weather cowl not be set back properly when i wash my car but figured it out after unclogging battery drain and still leaking it was the cowl not set properly in groove by the battery! Cant think of where to check havent checked door for torn wiring at the boot but had door apart everything was fine inside? Any help would be appeciated my fromt visor light works btw??!!'nn thanks in advance
It wouldn't be unusual to have to replace the door latch as well.
Old 03-28-2015, 12:00 PM
AudiWorld Junior Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

so i checked the boot all wires are fine! the switches work that i added but for some reason the lights don't??? (only on passenger side it does show open/close on instrument cluster) can't explain why the glove light wouldn't work?? i tried new bulbs etc on all 3 lights... the latch could maybe fix this??? the latch is cheap for a new one... pain in butt to install it looks

Last edited by djfame; 03-28-2015 at 12:03 PM.